Death of PassiveRP?
what is passiveRP
(03-27-2022, 05:50 AM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 12:00 PM)Idea Wrote: I love reading Pollux and MasterNoda's replies as if they were true lmao

There is no more roleplay on FL except for scheduled stuff that's organized by FL staff. Your observation/experience was spot on to see what FL is nowadays, Vauld.

I don't lie. From my perspective and what I've been seeing when I'm personally online at night, I'm seeing people chilling around, having fun, and generally just enjoying themselves. We have fun with each other and do a bunch of different roleplays. I know you haven't logged on in a few months, but even then it was roughly the same for me. It is in fact likely different for you when you are online, but for me and the people who log on at the same time as me, we don't do this rampant "gang" warfare. For European peak times, it does seem to be an issue of substance, and I've been told measures are being put in place to stop it. For me, it seems to be a player culture issue, and there is a large divide between the times that North Americans are generally online, and the times that Europeans are online.
I highly doubt our perspectives differ because of timezones - As FL staff I can not imagine you see the full extent of what's happening on the server. You, and I am sure other Administrators too, make these kinds of observations when you are on the server (which to be fair, does not happen often - there are hardly any Admins apart from Dan & Caesar who at least appear to still give a shit about the actual server), but for users, it is very different. It's almost worrying that the forum courthouse is so unused by now because when I did play actively, it was just a terrible experience plagued with people bending/breaking rules and not properly roleplaying. 

It should really not be a surprise to you or the rest of FL staff that I and many other formerly active members of this community quit for good. Nobody really seems to care about the server anymore and what's left of it is basically just a glorified DarkRP (at least that's what the gameplay feels like).
(03-28-2022, 06:47 AM)Idea Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 12:00 PM)Idea Wrote: I love reading Pollux and MasterNoda's replies as if they were true lmao

There is no more roleplay on FL except for scheduled stuff that's organized by FL staff. Your observation/experience was spot on to see what FL is nowadays, Vauld.

I don't lie. From my perspective and what I've been seeing when I'm personally online at night, I'm seeing people chilling around, having fun, and generally just enjoying themselves. We have fun with each other and do a bunch of different roleplays. I know you haven't logged on in a few months, but even then it was roughly the same for me. It is in fact likely different for you when you are online, but for me and the people who log on at the same time as me, we don't do this rampant "gang" warfare. For European peak times, it does seem to be an issue of substance, and I've been told measures are being put in place to stop it. For me, it seems to be a player culture issue, and there is a large divide between the times that North Americans are generally online, and the times that Europeans are online.
I highly doubt our perspectives differ because of timezones - As FL staff I can not imagine you see the full extent of what's happening on the server. You, and I am sure other Administrators too, make these kinds of observations when you are on the server (which to be fair, does not happen often - there are hardly any Admins apart from Dan & Caesar who at least appear to still give a shit about the actual server), but for users, it is very different. It's almost worrying that the forum courthouse is so unused by now because when I did play actively, it was just a terrible experience plagued with people bending/breaking rules and not properly roleplaying. 

It should really not be a surprise to you or the rest of FL staff that I and many other formerly active members of this community quit for good. Nobody really seems to care about the server anymore and what's left of it is basically just a glorified DarkRP (at least that's what the gameplay feels like).

Passive RP occurs on a regular basis now, the last time I saw you online was on Evoside and you'd be basing on top of the mine in the far corner away from everyone. Furthermore, the fact that the courthouse is almost empty is because rule breakages are dealt with a lot more in-game by staff due to a slowly increasing server population so that would in fact be a good thing rather than a negative. Also, just by looking at the current EC team and their activity and dedication to keeping the server alive over the past few months with regular events and long and interesting RP's which occur daily also proves that RP isn't dead. 

Now I can't sit here and tell you what your experiences were like on the server but I'm sure if you joined at peak times nowadays (7/8/9PM UK time) you'd see that there is in fact quite a lot of interesting stuff going on and in general there hasn't been that much mingery as of late as the majority of the player base is either obtaining money or partaking in events and RP's prompted by the team, at least give it another shot someday.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Boonan's post:
  • Self, MasterNoda, Toe Shmicki
Yeah I rejoined later - it was better, I just joined at a bad time.
The following 2 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Nacreas, Boonan
(03-28-2022, 06:47 AM)Idea Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 12:00 PM)Idea Wrote: -Snip-
-Snip-

Two points I want to address in what you said:
  1. Having little to no player reports isn't a sign in community decline at all. There is no correlation there whatsoever. It seems these days that the preferred method of discussion is on Discord which is why the forum looks a tad bare these days.
  2. You identify yourself as a "former active member who quit for good" and yet you're on the forum actively complaining about something you stated you formerly played, so how is your contribution to this discussion anything more than just flame when you were last in-game on the 13th of January, nearly three months ago?
Passive RP isn't dead. I have personaly found reason to give out four roleplay points today in non-peak period times. What I see is newer players finding their feet and needing older, more experienced players to guide them just that little bit more to help them build a solid understanding of roleplay, something you could assist with.

I will admit that the player count could be better. As I previously stated, this is an annual reoccurance and it has happened for many years due to exams and other real-life commitments. To assist with this issue, I have reached out to many people who have indicated they are interested in making a return to Fearless. Vauld, who created this thread, has since explained he has had a positive experience on the server since his bad experience.

If you want role-play to improve, perhaps gather some friends and start some. Smile
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 4 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Toe Shmicki, Self, Caesar, Pollux
To avoid a ton of threads talking about the same thing I'm going to close this one, it appears to have been resolved anyway.

Any discussion about the state of the server should be directed here instead: https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=99623

Closed.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork