New content
For over a decade FL has had the same content with some changes like agriculture, mining, moonshine. But I think It's long over due that FL gets some new content. A redo of everything. Even money. Some of the staff team has shared there concerns and opinions about this. Such as it's to hard or would take to long, or why undo over a decade long of work. But I think it's the hard things like this worth doing.

As most of you know activity hasn't been the greatest and FL is going through a rough time right now. Doing things such as changing maps or hosting organization events isn't gonna be a permanent fix for FL. Players have spent hours upon hours and perhaps years achieving thousands of dollars and inventories full of anything they could ever want. They've simply reached a point where nothing more can be attained. What fun is a game that you can't progress further in. Plus it only makes sense to have new content after over a decade of having the same stuff. No one could of anticipated FL lasting this long. However people have become bored with FL. Which is understandable. I think it's amazing FL has lasted over a decade especially with the same content. But all things can't stay the same. We must change and adapt. Only then can we survive and grow. Plus I think we deserve new content, don't you?

Now is your chance, the community's chance to come forward and decide whether FL should have new content? Or stick with the same content we've had for over a decade. This could at least show the staff team where the community stands. Maybe then could they decide if putting in all the work this will require is worth it.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
I think you're missing the point of Suggestions where community proposes additions or changes and publicly expresses their opinions through +/- Support. After that, development team and management objectively decide the final outcome, looking at important factors like development time, file size, compatibility with gamemode and other plugins, and most importantly the fact if new suggested addition even encourages player-player interactions unlike farming.

Before you and the community cast a wide net over Gmod store and the workshop, keep in mind that content like new cars, more accessories or more passive money machines (meth, bitcoin) just won't do it. We need innovative changes like rule changes, core gamemode changes and possibly new jobs that encourage player-to-player roleplay.

Quote:What fun is a game that you can't progress further in.

This is highly untrue if you're playing Fearless to Roleplay, instead of achieving everything. Take Jessixa or Violet for example. As long as they have a car to drive around, a nice suit and hours of free time to get creative with dupes on build server, they can have unlimited fun doing passive events, and they're still enjoying them to maximum extend. Why can't you be like them as well? You get every single possible item in the game (except RP points, which could be ironic) and then complain that FL is boring.

Yesterday 24 people were online on server. MAJORITY of them were contraband & farming in industrial and villas. And I bet that after a month of farming, those people will just like you come back to forums and complain that FL needs new content.

In conclusion, instead of writing this post you could have been writing a different post in suggestions. It took me 6 full years to realise that complaining about it like this just won't cut it. Community needs to cooperate constructively in order to achieve common goals. We can't offer you 'new content' if even the community doesn't know what it needs besides just new cars and clothes that they'll farm up in 1 day if added to game.
~ Equinox ~
Honestly I forgot the amount of times I've given away my inventory to start fresh and then rebuilt it all back up. Wiping everyone's inventory would be lovely but it does take some time. I guess thats the incentive for people to start playing again. I personally like grinding levels and XP on games, maybe FL could try something with that but I'm not too sure what area they'd do it in for it to work well as they did it within farming in order to get better seeds and farming plots but it just ended up killing playing interaction. I guess milestones was another way but I never grinded to get my milestones as it was given to me for free since I already had these thousands of hours. However, you have to take in the development time
Wolven

I have wiped my inventory so many times and always been able to get back up to good numbers after like 2 weeks wipe everything start a fresh.
(03-15-2022, 08:29 AM)Equinox Wrote: I think you're missing the point of Suggestions where community proposes additions or changes and publicly expresses their opinions through +/- Support. After that, development team and management objectively decide the final outcome, looking at important factors like development time, file size, compatibility with gamemode and other plugins, and most importantly the fact if new suggested addition even encourages player-player interactions unlike farming.

Before you and the community cast a wide net over Gmod store and the workshop, keep in mind that content like new cars, more accessories or more passive money machines (meth, bitcoin) just won't do it. We need innovative changes like rule changes, core gamemode changes and possibly new jobs that encourage player-to-player roleplay.

This is highly untrue if you're playing Fearless to Roleplay, instead of achieving everything. Take Jessixa or Violet for example. As long as they have a car to drive around, a nice suit and hours of free time to get creative with dupes on build server, they can have unlimited fun doing passive events, and they're still enjoying them to maximum extend. Why can't you be like them as well? You get every single possible item in the game (except RP points, which could be ironic) and then complain that FL is boring.

Yesterday 24 people were online on server. MAJORITY of them were contraband & farming in industrial and villas. And I bet that after a month of farming, those people will just like you come back to forums and complain that FL needs new content.

In conclusion, instead of writing this post you could have been writing a different post in suggestions. It took me 6 full years to realise that complaining about it like this just won't cut it. Community needs to cooperate constructively in order to achieve common goals. We can't offer you 'new content' if even the community doesn't know what it needs besides just new cars and clothes that they'll farm up in 1 day if added to game.
I see your points . FL doesn't just need new content. Rules changes, gamemode changes, and new jobs that encourage player interaction is also a must. I think roleplaying only goes so far. It's simply not enough to keep the spice. You really don't think that after 14 years FL couldn't use new content? You'd rather play on a server that's been the same for years? As for what you said about if new content was added and players just grinded up in one day. I see your point. Which why FL doesn't just need all the things we've both said, the money system needs to be revised too, different ways to make money need to be made. But not made so easily where people can acquire money so quickly. Also revise the prices items cost so they are not so easily acquired.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
(03-15-2022, 08:29 AM)Equinox Wrote: Before you and the community cast a wide net over Gmod store and the workshop, keep in mind that content like new cars, more accessories or more passive money machines (meth, bitcoin) just won't do it. We need innovative changes like rule changes, core gamemode changes and possibly new jobs that encourage player-to-player roleplay.

I disagree. The Garry's Mod workshop has tons of addons that can be tweaked to really involve players. Also, you can buy some really cool scripts. Passive money machines can be extremely entertaining. Meth, like I've been talking about for ages, was insanely fun. When it was released on Limelight everyone was doing it, for months. Get the script for meth on LL and we will have a lot more to work with, in fact, I think interactive ways of getting money is honestly the core concept of this gamemode. Obviously RPing is present, but it seems that there's a huge lack of it. 

I agree here though, RPing is a very open-ended objective. RPPs should be given out less with the quality of RPP incentives higher than any other reward in the gamemode.

I personally think there should be a clean wipe of absolutely everything and a total rework of the economy, decrease this absolute shitshow of hyperinflation. Make the gamemode more realistic, add taxes, make cars actually worth their true market value, same with ammunition and firearms. If I earn enough to afford a Lambo, I should also have to take into account insurance payments for such a luxurious car. This is just the tip of the iceberg. 

There are so many players here, that, if given a valid opportunity to contribute their ideas, the gamemode itself would truly become CityRP 2. This bureaucratic bullshit is the reason FL is fucked right now, and it's the reason why we're even in this situation.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • RoCKy
(03-15-2022, 08:29 AM)Equinox Wrote: I think you're missing the point of Suggestions where community proposes additions or changes and publicly expresses their opinions through +/- Support. After that, development team and management objectively decide the final outcome, looking at important factors like development time, file size, compatibility with gamemode and other plugins, and most importantly the fact if new suggested addition even encourages player-player interactions unlike farming.

Seeing there are people that think 24 players online is considered a lot because of today's state, I think there are other problems that needs to be focused on than just new content. FL's #1 problem is activity, and new content won't just cut it. I've noticed over the past 6 years that no matter how many content you release it will just boost by maybe 20-30% for a few days then it will go back to its base levels. This has happened in both FL and LL.

New content won't make FL necessarily any more "fun", people may or may not like it, or just won't care. Eventually the result is the same, people get used to the new prop list or car and life goes on as usual and go back to the same feeling they had prior to the new content, and that feeling can vary from person to person. 

What management doesn't realize, and this lack of realization is what makes this management a failure to begin with, is that what made FL so addictive is the constant stimulation that FL had offered every day. And that stimulation was the chaotic, dynamic environment of aggressive RP that caused hyperarousal upon the player. When I hopped on, all I could think about in the loading screen was "Alright I'm finally here and I'm about to connect in my favorite server, I hope there are exciting things to do!". There's nothing exciting going on anymore, my old friends that I used to play with and spend quality time with, are gone. There is nothing to do but moving around, do /job criminal or become a cop and wait for something to happen in a ghost town just to realize there won't be anything going on. So you end up disconnecting, after you were on just for 10 minutes. So why should I personally connect now? There's inactivity and the times that I did connect is seeing the same people from months ago doing the same thing again, like Jessixa for example now that Equinox mentioned her, she has her tight pants and some long sleeved shirt walking around trying to act like a young woman that's trying to make herself more valuable than she actually is when she has no RP going on. Passive RP might be fun for some but it's not something that most including myself want to do often. 

All I can suggest is do a wipe ban, invite some high profiled, influential past members to share their thoughts, and make a vote on what weapons we want, and simply have a staff team that's more chill. I remember in the past when my friend group from home lost their hard earned money because the servers malfunctioned and we had to use data from weeks ago. There was no staff that was willing to compensate, so they ended up quitting for a bit then eventually altogether because there were some staff members at the time that were being creepy and ghosting around them to punish them for the smallest things. All because they were aggressive, they were punished for doing the things they love. This is a pattern that needs to be stopped among the staff team and be heavily punished for it. Stalking is harrassment and shouldn't be tolerated by anyone. Just because you don't like how someone plays a certain way doesn't mean you can warrant a surveillance operation on them. You make them disappear you make the whole group disappear, and that is 10+ players. Negative feelings on the staff team is a server killer. You want people to trust and love the staff team, not make them distrust or hate the staff team. 

To make someone addicted to something, first you need to control how they feel about a logo, a game, someone, a place. If you make someone feel excited about you, they will contact you right? Same thing with FL. Make them feel excited in the server, have them go through these different emotions and that can either be laughter, excitement, hyperarousal from gunfights, make them aggressive at something then laugh moments after, then they start to associate FL with those feelings. When they start to wonder through their bored mind, all of a sudden they think "hey I enjoyed playing in this server the other day I wanna feel those emotions again and I'm starting to miss those guys I played with". So they connect again, and when they see the FL logo on the loading screen they start associating those positive feelings with that logo. Make the player feel rewarded with playing FL, it's basic dopamine knowledge with marketing 101. By controlling the environment, which is the power that management has, you can control people into having those feelings and be addictive.

DVN I feel like you will be interested in giving me an interview and vouch for what I just said here, marketing daddy.
Divey Pollux Conn Tomo Make some notes and apply the knowledge I just gave away.
The following 3 users Like konsta's post:
  • TonettaFan #2319, Jan, RoCKy
(03-23-2022, 05:43 AM)konsta Wrote: -snip-

I think there is an important schism between different types of content.

I think what FL needs is replacing, or getting new content in form of gameplay mechanics. Not actual content, like clothes or cars.

Gameplay mechanics are different because they alter the way you play and interact with the game mode. And usually they don't need detailed, high size models.

It can be made with just code, and of course don't need to be overly complicated.

Though, I remain persistent in that the economy, should be the first plan of action. And needs to be improved to create interest in progressing in the server. For new and old players.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Falcon