Let's make Fearless great again!
I get your point Pollux, I actually relate to it quite a bit. I would've done the same thing and said the same thing if I were in your position a couple years ago.

The difference is that I've matured and realized (especially on a video game lul), why not take the risk - what do you lose? What I think is kinda goofy is that ya'll aren't even trying to build a bridge to the one's trying to come back. If Nacreas wasn't here I would literally steer so far clear from this community, you guy's are so welcoming *sarcasm*.

I think you guys just take yourselves too seriously. I have like 80RP points and was around for several years. It's fair play to deny me, what's goofy asf is not even considering or talking to me. You're being quite closed minded Pollux, you should think about the good things that could happen by talking to returning players, instead of thinking of all the bad things that could happen.

The real conversation and question here is, why are you gatekeeping and writing off opportunities for community growth? Seems like you're carrying some old baggage. Not very progressive or growth-oriented of the community to write off people who're willing to spend their time helping while the server struggles. You didn't even try to reach out, and the reality of the situation is, returning players (esp veterans) objectively have a level of experience and value to offer. Disappointing to see.
The following 2 users Like Vauld's post:
  • ART, Lewwings
Vauld, you would've been great. But you got no.

Now you have to decide: Are you leaving?
Or are you going to kiss some ass, give 30 hours of role-play a month, and reapply?

I wish the gatekeeping and elitism in the staff team was less present.
But it's not. You can't change it. It´s not going anywhere.

Anyone who wants to be a staff member, needs to understand that.
Or else you'll just get burnt out within the first two months after your trial period.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Vauld
(03-31-2022, 12:34 AM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 05:43 PM)Falcon Wrote: Also it's pretty hard to like, play on this server for a month in an attempt to get a rank like teacher. Like I'm not going to waste my time playing on a server that needs a ton of help when I'm like, trying to help it. I would much rather pass all this bureaucratic bullshit that seems to be dripping from management and actually show the community what I can do. Vauld shouldn't have been instantly denied. That is probably the most retarded fucking thing I have seen on this forum. Y'all don't know what you're doing honestly. Take a risk. Avoid the strict bullshit you have to go through and the dumb prerequisites you have to meet to get a role like teacher. If I cared enough to put in enough work to apply for this role I wouldn't wanna play this shit for a month. I wanna like, put all my effort into creating and hosting lit events, but wait I can't because I have to play in hell for a month to even *maybe* get the chance to get the rank. Especially with the dumb fucking circlejerk the staff team is right now.

Fuck this shit yo. Take a risk. Give Vauld the position and literally see what the fuck happens.

I think actually playing the server is a good bare minimum to get a rank on the server personally. "Like I'm not going to waste my time playing on a server that needs a ton of help when I'm like, trying to help it." You dont want to help the server because the server needs help? What?

Also the bureaucracy to get that event coordinator rank is pretty much just "be active on the server and have done a few notable events". If you cant pass that incredibly low barrier then you just dont get the rank.

My phrasing was a little confusing, you’re right there. The point was that maybe there can be a system where getting a rank on FL isn’t scrutinized as much as it is now. I realize this is an important process but maybe dial everything down a few notches, especially for players who really do want to help out and have experience doing so. I feel like FL is a house in one of those home makeover shows and you guys are like trying to do redo it yourself. There are people who’d love to spend their free time dedicating themselves to fixing this shit, a number of which don’t even get the chance because of how outdated the process is.

You should make teacher promotion threads public like they used to be and let the community vote on them. You’ll get information on certain players that you, otherwise, wouldn’t have (which is also important in the strict promotion protocols).
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 4 users Like Falcon's post:
  • ART, Lewwings, mintblackbeard, MasterNoda
(03-29-2022, 04:03 PM)Awestruck Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 02:50 PM)Jan Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 09:24 AM)Awestruck Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 01:12 AM)Vauld Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

-snip-

I'm sure Vauld is a nice guy but I don't know him that much. You should stick around and really show us what you can do. 

When someone applies, that's the cue for you to reach out and get to know them.

But tbh he really doesn't need to prove anything to anyone here - especially as he was helping build the community you guys inherited. He's probably the best at hosting events of anyone I've seen.
The following 6 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Falcon, Lewwings, Haarek, Vauld, ART, MasterNoda
Fine. I'll do it.

Open up the Teacher rank. I'm back.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • ART, Panda, mintblackbeard
(03-31-2022, 05:03 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: But tbh he really doesn't need to prove anything to anyone here - especially as he was helping build the community you guys inherited. He's probably the best at hosting events of anyone I've seen.

The youngsters don't know where they came from George.
The following 3 users Like Vauld's post:
  • ART, Lewwings, GeorgeTheBoy
(03-31-2022, 05:03 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 04:03 PM)Awestruck Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 02:50 PM)Jan Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 09:24 AM)Awestruck Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 01:12 AM)Vauld Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

-snip-

I'm sure Vauld is a nice guy but I don't know him that much. You should stick around and really show us what you can do. 

When someone applies, that's the cue for you to reach out and get to know them.

But tbh he really doesn't need to prove anything to anyone here - especially as he was helping build the community you guys inherited. He's probably the best at hosting events of anyone I've seen.

This. Is the most well-phrased description of the situation. The current staff team defend themselves towards the ones, that litterally made it possible for them to even get there. Shame. 

The reason they defend themselves is because they are very well aware, that we would prefer the old veterans above the current staff team - And they cant let that happen. Then rather let the entire ship sink into oblivion  Angel
The following 2 users Like Nadrickk's post:
  • Vauld, GeorgeTheBoy
(04-01-2022, 12:04 AM)Vauld Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 05:03 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: But tbh he really doesn't need to prove anything to anyone here - especially as he was helping build the community you guys inherited. He's probably the best at hosting events of anyone I've seen.

The youngsters don't know where they came from George.

I know mate, bloody kids. 

They will never experience the horror of being a mod with no noclip or tp commands. Having to physically drive to any @ calls.
The following 2 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Vauld, Nadrickk
Get all these vets back, the true coolkids of the block, and watch FL blossom. Keep overly defensive admInz and watch the history's Titanic, FL edition