Let's make Fearless great again!
(03-29-2022, 08:45 PM)Vauld Wrote: Bro I def don't think I'm a messiah. I'm just Vauld.

I get it's a different time and like 1% of the people remember who I am, but it's not that hard to have a conversation with me. I'm pretty comfortable with my past and role in the community and feel like I added value, which I think should be recognized to a certain degree. But I also understand things are very different and again, it was like 10 years ago. So I get it - I really do.

I just think it's super mundane and pea brained to immediately write me, or other veterans off. Like OBVIOUSLY we have some insight into the history and there's inherent wisdom in that insight. All the veterans are older, and I personally don't have the mental capacity to invest in trying to convince everyone that I would add some value to the community - it's just not worth my mental capacity. My mindset is I'm open to having a conversation, take it or leave it. But I'm not gonna futz around and spend another 7 years or whatever working my way up the community to say what I think.

You can choose to recognize that the oldies add value, and have a conversation with them - or you can write them off.  You chose the latter, which is cool, I honestly don't give a shit. But I just hope you recognize that it's an objectively really stupid thing to do. Writing off people with 10+ years in City RP, who shaped the community, and have seen the entire history of the community - seems big dumb. Like you know you can just talk to people, it's not that hard, ya'll just have big egos.

It's unrealistic to expect to come back for quite literally two days and be promoted. There is an activity requirement for the rank and it was very likely you'd fail to meet it - there's no point in us promoting someone who would potentially lose it next month. We also don't know much about you at all. The post you made also doesn't help at all.

It has nothing to do with our egos, your expectations were unrealistic and you were relying on people knowing you which isn't the case anymore. It has been several years since you've been around here and we'd at least like to know you a bit and see you around.

The issue with anyone who played several years ago and hasn't played since then is that they're almost always extremely out of touch to modern FL. We can't just take someone who comes back without seeing how things have changed, it'll just cause issues for everyone. It has happened multiple times in the past too, it isn't just speculation.

The bottom line for this is basically we still need to know more about you and you need to know more about us and how FL is now. This is why you were denied.

You can also do events better as a vet than EC, you get a higher proplimit (150). If that's all you want to do then I don't get why you need a rank with it straight away.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
With what Pollux said as well, it is lovely to see a veteran put together an RP event. Looking forward to it!
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 2 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Luminess, Toe Shmicki
Why is everyone so touchy when someone offers to help the community lol

If this much effort was put into fixing the problems at hand we would never have got into this position

Ego inflation over the past 4 years is ridiculous
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • Awestruck, Vauld
(03-30-2022, 01:22 PM)Falc Wrote: Why is everyone so touchy when someone offers to help the community lol

If this much effort was put into fixing the problems at hand we would never have got into this position

Falc coming back? Joy
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Falc
(03-30-2022, 01:55 PM)Awestruck Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 01:22 PM)Falc Wrote: Why is everyone so touchy when someone offers to help the community lol

Falc coming back? Joy

I spoke with Samzo, he told me he’s putting [FL:RP] tags on and everything.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 1 user Likes Nacreas's post:
  • Falc

Falc coming back? Joy

Hahahah

can we rp together again
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Awestruck
(03-30-2022, 02:44 PM)Nacreas Wrote:

Falc coming back? Joy

I spoke with Samzo, he told me he’s putting [FL:RP] tags on and everything.

Hey I was actually tempted to be honest, got the 15 year old pc out the loft to play on 5FPS again..
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Awestruck
Also it's pretty hard to like, play on this server for a month in an attempt to get a rank like teacher. Like I'm not going to waste my time playing on a server that needs a ton of help when I'm like, trying to help it. I would much rather pass all this bureaucratic bullshit that seems to be dripping from management and actually show the community what I can do. Vauld shouldn't have been instantly denied. That is probably the most retarded fucking thing I have seen on this forum. Y'all don't know what you're doing honestly. Take a risk. Avoid the strict bullshit you have to go through and the dumb prerequisites you have to meet to get a role like teacher. If I cared enough to put in enough work to apply for this role I wouldn't wanna play this shit for a month. I wanna like, put all my effort into creating and hosting lit events, but wait I can't because I have to play in hell for a month to even *maybe* get the chance to get the rank. Especially with the dumb fucking circlejerk the staff team is right now.

Fuck this shit yo. Take a risk. Give Vauld the position and literally see what the fuck happens.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • Vauld
(03-30-2022, 05:43 PM)Falcon Wrote: Also it's pretty hard to like, play on this server for a month in an attempt to get a rank like teacher. Like I'm not going to waste my time playing on a server that needs a ton of help when I'm like, trying to help it. I would much rather pass all this bureaucratic bullshit that seems to be dripping from management and actually show the community what I can do. Vauld shouldn't have been instantly denied. That is probably the most retarded fucking thing I have seen on this forum. Y'all don't know what you're doing honestly. Take a risk. Avoid the strict bullshit you have to go through and the dumb prerequisites you have to meet to get a role like teacher. If I cared enough to put in enough work to apply for this role I wouldn't wanna play this shit for a month. I wanna like, put all my effort into creating and hosting lit events, but wait I can't because I have to play in hell for a month to even *maybe* get the chance to get the rank. Especially with the dumb fucking circlejerk the staff team is right now.

Fuck this shit yo. Take a risk. Give Vauld the position and literally see what the fuck happens.

I think actually playing the server is a good bare minimum to get a rank on the server personally. "Like I'm not going to waste my time playing on a server that needs a ton of help when I'm like, trying to help it." You dont want to help the server because the server needs help? What?

Also the bureaucracy to get that event coordinator rank is pretty much just "be active on the server and have done a few notable events". If you cant pass that incredibly low barrier then you just dont get the rank.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
(03-31-2022, 12:34 AM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 05:43 PM)Falcon Wrote: Also it's pretty hard to like, play on this server for a month in an attempt to get a rank like teacher. Like I'm not going to waste my time playing on a server that needs a ton of help when I'm like, trying to help it. I would much rather pass all this bureaucratic bullshit that seems to be dripping from management and actually show the community what I can do. Vauld shouldn't have been instantly denied. That is probably the most retarded fucking thing I have seen on this forum. Y'all don't know what you're doing honestly. Take a risk. Avoid the strict bullshit you have to go through and the dumb prerequisites you have to meet to get a role like teacher. If I cared enough to put in enough work to apply for this role I wouldn't wanna play this shit for a month. I wanna like, put all my effort into creating and hosting lit events, but wait I can't because I have to play in hell for a month to even *maybe* get the chance to get the rank. Especially with the dumb fucking circlejerk the staff team is right now.

I think actually playing the server is a good bare minimum to get a rank on the server personally. "Like I'm not going to waste my time playing on a server that needs a ton of help when I'm like, trying to help it." You dont want to help the server because the server needs help? What?

Also the bureaucracy to get that event coordinator rank is pretty much just "be active on the server and have done a few notable events". If you cant pass that incredibly low barrier then you just dont get the rank.

Because a rank gives you some benefits, giving more abillities to help out. 

Why is the staff so defensive against anyone trying to help? Smile Smile Smile Just realize you're not a part of the cool kids club anymore, and this sh*t is burning - Let someone try to save it, instead of protecting what y'all got left smh
The following 1 user Likes Nadrickk's post:
  • Vauld