Let's make Fearless great again!
tbh just give me admin, I won't admin I'll just make a bunch of RP events. you're welcome.
The following 2 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Falcon, Rossi
(03-26-2022, 01:36 AM)Vauld Wrote: tbh just give me admin, I won't admin I'll just make a bunch of RP events. you're welcome.

honestly ye
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
(03-26-2022, 01:36 AM)Vauld Wrote: tbh just give me admin, I won't admin I'll just make a bunch of RP events. you're welcome.

Could be an event coordinator Wink
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 4 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Pollux, Self, max., Luminess
Yo that's a great idea! Too bad I got insta-denied because I've only recently rejoined lmao.

ya'll are suffering the same fate as limelight, I tried to tell them how to not die too but upper mgmt didn't care, and voila - rip. It's really not that hard. I'm happy to help and want to see the community thrive, but the exclusivity of the management and positions in the community is going to be a huge downfall.

Uninspired management, gatekeeping of passive positions in the community, dwindling playercount, no transparent plan forward. I estimate another 2 years max for the community unless there's widespread changes.

What I find most interesting about these types of communities is that there's so many people who have made their way into the "Team", yet the conversations they have are closely guarded and kept secret. The development plan is locked down (if there is one). Those in upper management slowly become uninspired and lazy, yet hold on to some type of notoriety or status by holding these positions - so they don't want to leave. Then this gap builds between the "Team" and the community, people start caring less and less and progressively lose interest until the playerbase collapses from underneath them. Then they all look at each other last minute trying to find a quick way to revitalize the community, when they're in fact - the actual problem.

Everyone becomes paralyzed and no one sets direction so the community just slowly stagnates and little by little, people leave.

Anyways, good luck w/ ur server #byeeee
The following 4 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Jan, Lewwings, Falcon, Haarek
(03-29-2022, 01:12 AM)Vauld Wrote: -snip-

Many with your status have come before you. You're not the first, and certainly won't be the last who claims to be the saviour of our community. Thanks for stopping by, and we'll hopefully see you soon. Ciao
The following 4 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Self, Pollux, Toe Shmicki, Boonan
(03-29-2022, 09:24 AM)Awestruck Wrote:

Many with your status have come before you. You're not the first, and certainly won't be the last who claims to be the saviour of our community. Thanks for stopping by, and we'll hopefully see you soon. Ciao

Which is a huge shame for FL. We’re in a downtrend and anyone that can help with influence should get the chance, especially when it’s for something so small as an event coordinator rank.

If you would’ve been here when Vauld was an admin you’d know what he is capable of and the huge positive energy he’d bring. 

It’s easy to describe the people trying to help as “oh just another one claiming to be the savior of FL”, it’s much harder putting your own ego aside for the better.

And there goes another extremely experienced and motivated veteran.
The following 4 users Like Jan's post:
  • Self, Link, Lewwings, Vauld
(03-29-2022, 02:50 PM)Jan Wrote:

Which is a huge shame for FL. We’re in a downtrend and anyone that can help with influence should get the chance, especially when it’s for something so small as an event coordinator rank.

If you would’ve been here when Vauld was an admin you’d know what he is capable of and the huge positive energy he’d bring. 

It’s easy to describe the people trying to help as “oh just another one claiming to be the savior of FL”, it’s much harder putting your own ego aside for the better.

And there goes another extremely experienced and motivated veteran.

I agree, it is a huge shame, but only because he feels the needs to leave again.

Most older Veterans, and I'm not saying all, but most that I've witnessed, return for a small amount of time and then leave again. Motivated or not. It's because FL has changed. FL is not like it was back then and the nostalgia just doesn't fit the needs. It's been (nearly) a decade. I've heard it all before and seen it time and time again. The pride and the entitlement because of past experience without any new effort.

I personally took no say in the decision, but it's the reaction that really spoke to me and I will of course call it out. I'm sure Vauld is a nice guy but I don't know him that much. You should stick around and really show us what you can do. 

Have a great day
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Pollux, Self
Bro I def don't think I'm a messiah. I'm just Vauld.

I get it's a different time and like 1% of the people remember who I am, but it's not that hard to have a conversation with me. I'm pretty comfortable with my past and role in the community and feel like I added value, which I think should be recognized to a certain degree. But I also understand things are very different and again, it was like 10 years ago. So I get it - I really do.

I just think it's super mundane and pea brained to immediately write me, or other veterans off. Like OBVIOUSLY we have some insight into the history and there's inherent wisdom in that insight. All the veterans are older, and I personally don't have the mental capacity to invest in trying to convince everyone that I would add some value to the community - it's just not worth my mental capacity. My mindset is I'm open to having a conversation, take it or leave it. But I'm not gonna futz around and spend another 7 years or whatever working my way up the community to say what I think.

You can choose to recognize that the oldies add value, and have a conversation with them - or you can write them off. You chose the latter, which is cool, I honestly don't give a shit. But I just hope you recognize that it's an objectively really stupid thing to do. Writing off people with 10+ years in City RP, who shaped the community, and have seen the entire history of the community - seems big dumb. Like you know you can just talk to people, it's not that hard, ya'll just have big egos.
The following 1 user Likes Vauld's post:
  • Falcon

Ghosted FL for ages, and comes back only to put your own ego to a newer high standard. 
Which is a big issue for FL.

The ego of the team, able to deny anyone who want to try and do something for FL, but can't because they're not in the "inner circle". 

In the period of 2010-2015, being "exclusive" and "mysterious" was a trend, and were pretty "in".  People liked it. Nowadays, it's a huge downside. People want transparency, roadmaps, open minds etc. The closed-mindset is outdated, and if you dont soon realize this, and put your ego down, let the people with "drive" and intentions in, you'll suffer the same fate as Limelight.

Back then, vauld were the dude. I remember his endless RP passive events, amazing dude. And you litterally just shot it down. I don't care what kind of status you have at FL, treating an old FL vet that invested a huge amount into the community (unlike you) with respect, man. That comment was totally bs and uncalled for.

Community vote, Replace aWeStuCkK with Jan and Vauld. thanks Smile Smile Smile
The following 1 user Likes Nadrickk's post:
  • Vauld
What the actual fuck did i just read
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 4 users Like Falcon's post:
  • Vauld, Toe Shmicki, EAGLE:), gin