Let's make Fearless great again!
Do I smell an Election?
[Image: U1UedhK.png]
I hate to say it but I agree with these guys, we got a thread 7 pages long of what players wanna see done and great inputs. But nothing has been said about what's being done or if anything is being done. Most the staff team has been quiet other than Pollux.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
(03-13-2022, 10:37 PM)Tim Wrote: I hate to say it but I agree with these guys, we got a thread 7 pages long of what players wanna see done and great inputs. But nothing has been said about what's being done or if anything is being done. Most the staff team has been quiet other than Pollux.

Most of the suggestions in that thread are stuff that will take a long time to implement. It's a bit unfair to say nothing has been done when a lot of the suggestions are major reworks that will take weeks at the very least.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Jan has always been around. He is probably the most consistent thing about this community. May as well just promote him to be fair
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 4 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Falcon, Eclipze, Viljo, Lewwings
Thumbs Up 
+1 What Nac said
Jan has always stuck around. He is resolute, determined to get FL back alive. I mean, what do you have to lose at this point? Jan is standing up for all of us right now. Angel
The following 3 users Like Viljo's post:
  • Falcon, Lewwings, ART
(03-14-2022, 05:16 AM)Nacreas Wrote: Jan has always been around. He is probably the most consistent thing about this community. May as well just promote him to be fair

He was when Divey initially got owner and was demoted: https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=95991
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-14-2022, 04:39 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 10:37 PM)Tim Wrote: I hate to say it but I agree with these guys, we got a thread 7 pages long of what players wanna see done and great inputs. But nothing has been said about what's being done or if anything is being done. Most the staff team has been quiet other than Pollux.

Most of the suggestions in that thread are stuff that will take a long time to implement. It's a bit unfair to say nothing has been done when a lot of the suggestions are major reworks that will take weeks at the very least.
Well Pollux, I'm no dev, but my friend once made a server better than FL in a span of three days. Better vehicles, better everything. Even had a vape shop. Phones, and better UI. In three days. We even had motorcycles. In three days. Now don't worry it doesn't exist anymore. But to say it takes weeks is not very likely. To say hes a better dev or coder isn't the case either. He literally just edited a darkrp gamemode. Added all the other stuff in. None of it was custom.
(03-14-2022, 08:48 PM)Tim Wrote:

Well Pollux, I'm no dev, but my friend once made a server better than FL in a span of three days. Better vehicles, better everything. Even had a vape shop. Phones, and better UI. In three days. We even had motorcycles. In three days. Now don't worry it doesn't exist anymore. But to say it takes weeks is not very likely. To say hes a better dev or coder isn't the case either. He literally just edited a darkrp gamemode. Added all the other stuff in. None of it was custom.

Spamming a bunch of gmodstore addons into a DarkRP server is not making a "better server", it isn't even making a server it's just throwing addons together. Real development takes ages, the only way you could ever do it in days is if you don't do any of the work (so by just using DarkRP and gmodstore addons and not changing a thing). That isn't development.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
As a former member of FL, it is not only my right but my duty to speak on this! Jan is correct! Get this man on the big seat!
(03-14-2022, 09:24 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:48 PM)Tim Wrote:

Spamming a bunch of gmodstore addons into a DarkRP server is not making a "better server", it isn't even making a server it's just throwing addons together. Real development takes ages, the only way you could ever do it in days is if you don't do any of the work (so by just using DarkRP and gmodstore addons and not changing a thing). That isn't development.
I think your wrong, i saw it and it did make a difference, and where are you getting spamming from? It was literally everything everyone was asking for and more. If you wanna make everything custom than yes, it will take a long time. But you don't have to do it that way. But why make something custom if there are Addons and plugins that already exist. Going that route will only make things worse. People want change and they don't want it in weeks they want it now. Literally the only thing thats changed or been added to FL in 14 years is agriculture, mining, and moonshine. Maybe a few other things but you see where I'm getting at. If you look back on old YouTube videos you can see it. Nothings changed. You can't afford to make everything custom. You don't have too. Which is why things like the gmod store exist. It's not a bad thing. Maybe you should take note of the dark rp servers since they are actually thriving and FL isn't. If anyone knew a thing about development the server wouldn't look at all the same as it did 10 years ago. And your right. It's not just throwing addons together, you have to modify them to your liking.plus I know your not gonna sit there and tell me the FL gamemode isn't a darkrp gamemode modified into City rp.