United States of America - Third World Country
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I heard that it's really easy to get a Driver's License in Mexico. You just fill out an application, pay a fee, and possibly sign something saying that you know how to drive. Once you do that, you get your license.
[Image: q5Y1C8n.png]
Just a guy who stumbles across the internet and shares his findings. Carry on.
Was I able to help you out? Feel free to give me a rep point here!
There is a lot to improve here for sure, and our government system is woefully inefficient and not nearly progressive enough. Still, it is no where near what you see in actual developing countries, the real third world countries.

Every country has its cons. The British seem keen on keeping a bunch of geezers in office that weren't even elected, on top of Brexit being an absolute disaster from all angles, with politics slipping further more regressive every day. Germany tries to paint itself as kings of being green, while shutting down all nuclear power plants and trying their best to keep getting Putin's juicy oil. France.

Not saying America is better. Generally I would prefer to live in Germany or Britain, at least for a time. I'd like to get a comparison myself of how living in places other than America would generally be. Do keep in mind, America is like 50 different countries at times. State laws vary so much, that something legal in one state could be a federal crime in the neighboring state. Beauty is, you can choose to live wherever you please. If I wanted to live in a regressive shithole like Alabama, I could. If I wanted to live a more leftist lifestyle, states like Washington are very liberal.

If your English, imagine someone thinking Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are filled with identical people and identical lifestyles. America is a big country, so large that the world generally only sees the extremes.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
Every state here has its own culture and sometimes religion. In the state that I'm in, American Football and Whataburger are treated as a religion. God forbid you ever wanna live in California or New York though (No offense to anyone living in those states). I'd also like to see what it's like in other countries, stay there a few days and figure out what it has to offer though Idk where to start.
[Image: q5Y1C8n.png]
Just a guy who stumbles across the internet and shares his findings. Carry on.
Was I able to help you out? Feel free to give me a rep point here!
(03-12-2022, 04:06 AM)konsta Wrote: Despite all of the cons of Mexico and the shitholes I've been to there, it's a beautiful country with sentimental, good people, with some of the best food in the world. Mexicans are friendly and adorable. They know how to make the best out of life and stay happy with what they have. It's just sad they're living in that reality, in their world, it's different than ours.

Just have some street smarts and don't get screwed over, because being gulliable and naive will fuck you up. All I can say is if they say it's 100 pesos or 200 pesos on the streets, they're ripping you off. 400+ pesos, they're disrespecting your intelligence. Also, be careful and extremely vigiliant at nights and don't take any cab, I heard of taxi drivers taking you to the middle of nowhere and ask for this amount of money or you're being dropped there. To be safe, get a car. To sum it up, imagine Mexico was Glasgow having a large tropical country.

Loving the Glasgow references. I've lived in the roughest areas of Glasgow.

I have a theory that Glaswegians could take on anyone.

Anyway listen, are you more likely to get shot by a toddler in the USofA than you are by a criminal in Mexico ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-12-2022, 06:25 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: There is a lot to improve here for sure, and our government system is woefully inefficient and not nearly progressive enough. Still, it is no where near what you see in actual developing countries, the real third world countries.

Every country has its cons. The British seem keen on keeping a bunch of geezers in office that weren't even elected, on top of Brexit being an absolute disaster from all angles, with politics slipping further more regressive every day. Germany tries to paint itself as kings of being green, while shutting down all nuclear power plants and trying their best to keep getting Putin's juicy oil. France.

Not saying America is better. Generally I would prefer to live in Germany or Britain, at least for a time. I'd like to get a comparison myself of how living in places other than America would generally be. Do keep in mind, America is like 50 different countries at times. State laws vary so much, that something legal in one state could be a federal crime in the neighboring state. Beauty is, you can choose to live wherever you please. If I wanted to live in a regressive shithole like Alabama, I could. If I wanted to live a more leftist lifestyle, states like Washington are very liberal.

If your English, imagine someone thinking Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are filled with identical people and identical lifestyles. America is a big country, so large that the world generally only sees the extremes.

I agree, abolish the house of lords. Brexit was a farce.

But there is no denying your political system breeds poverty and squalor

The American dream is extreme capitalism. Literally everything is about making profit. Schools, hospitals, insurance, politics.

If you can pay, you'll be fine. If you can't then you'll likely die.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: image_1932207.jpeg]
The following 4 users Like Jan's post:
  • Lewwings, Falcon, konsta, Marty
america number 1!
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
Uncle Sam's middle name is 'Freedom'
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(03-12-2022, 09:21 AM)Marty Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 04:06 AM)konsta Wrote: Despite all of the cons of Mexico and the shitholes I've been to there, it's a beautiful country with sentimental, good people, with some of the best food in the world. Mexicans are friendly and adorable. They know how to make the best out of life and stay happy with what they have. It's just sad they're living in that reality, in their world, it's different than ours.

Just have some street smarts and don't get screwed over, because being gulliable and naive will fuck you up. All I can say is if they say it's 100 pesos or 200 pesos on the streets, they're ripping you off. 400+ pesos, they're disrespecting your intelligence. Also, be careful and extremely vigiliant at nights and don't take any cab, I heard of taxi drivers taking you to the middle of nowhere and ask for this amount of money or you're being dropped there. To be safe, get a car. To sum it up, imagine Mexico was Glasgow having a large tropical country.

Loving the Glasgow references. I've lived in the roughest areas of Glasgow.

I have a theory that Glaswegians could take on anyone.

Anyway listen, are you more likely to get shot by a toddler in the USofA than you are by a criminal in Mexico ?
You're more likely to piss off a criminal and lose your finger or disappear in Mexico than get shot by a toddler with an Uzi.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • MasterNoda
(03-12-2022, 09:24 AM)Marty Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 06:25 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: There is a lot to improve here for sure, and our government system is woefully inefficient and not nearly progressive enough. Still, it is no where near what you see in actual developing countries, the real third world countries.

I agree, abolish the house of lords. Brexit was a farce.

But there is no denying your political system breeds poverty and squalor

The American dream is extreme capitalism. Literally everything is about making profit. Schools, hospitals, insurance, politics. 

If you can pay, you'll be fine. If you can't then you'll likely die.
You forgot about the working culture and laws. You don't get paid for your break, so a 30 minutes break means half of what you could have made in that hour if you didn't take it. Not to mention there are some states that are "right to work state" which basically mean that an employer can fire you whenever he wants to, you're not protected at all. I was shocked when I found out I don't get paid for my 30 minutes break and the "right to work state" law. If you're a freelancer then it's a time bomb for when you get fired, freelancers have no protection whatsoever and they can be the best at their job but if the company is not reaching a certain quota and they see that by not paying you anymore and have that work be put into the already existing employees which just adds more work for them then nothing stops them from that.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • MasterNoda