What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(05-19-2022, 05:40 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Ladies and Jellyspoons, this isn't some 'dick measuring' contest to try and pin 'whos got the biggest ego on the FL management team'. We all at management deeply care for the server, just like the rest of the team do along with many of you do - and like the vast majority of you we don't want it to fail.

But all I'm seeing day-in day-out reading this thread is just endless splurging of toxicity, negativity and hate. Whether the hate be aimed at Management or the Devs. Lets be real for a minute, what is that going to achieve? Nothing. When writing these comments do you genuinely think hating on the people who are trying to come up with ideas to help FL are going to be more motivated by your comments? Of course they are not.

Everyone in this team is in it for a reason, we all deeply care, and we all have our own ideas on how FL should be shaped in the future. But equally at the end of the day this is a community - the community are completely able and capable of suggesting their own ideas, and some of you have. However, a vast majority are using this thread to just using this thread as a platform to let your emotions run wild. By suggestions, I mean a genuine suggestions on the issue. So not just "Add XYZ", why should XYZ be added? What benefit will it add? Is it worth the time and effort putting in to adding it? Many suggestions circling about have little to no thought behind them - which results in players getting frustrated when we completely ignore it.

Equally, this time of the year in particular is a busy one for many - it's exam season. And with all honesty, however much I love FL and want it to thrive I will always prioritise my own future and success as I'm sure many would. And as such our time for FL is very limited. I appreciate you want change and want FL to thrive and prosper. However, it's not a two second job and patience is needed. We are working when we can to figure out what to do, but until then sit tight, provide ideas when you can, and try to be pleasant

no
The following 9 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Jan, Kpred, Lewwings, Link, Dragnort_, RoCKy, Tim, TonettaFan #2319, Falc
(05-18-2022, 02:59 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 06:39 AM)M0x Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 12:00 AM)Random Wrote: Welcome to FL, has it’s ups and downs, has been that way for years.

What saved it was people that actually cared and wanted FL to live, and had to make the neccesary changes Smile Smile now those people are busy showing how important they are.

No one "saved" it at all in the past. Literally whenever the server pop was down years ago we just waited a few months and it recovered itself. We hardly made any changes at all, maybe once in a while we had an update alongside it but not always. Most recent example is just a few months ago, we didn't really do anything but the server was fine.

FL has had these moments several times a year for quite a while now, it's usually always people saying "FL needs big change or it dies" and then it proceeds to not die with no change at all. Not saying I expect it to recover without doing anything this time, just trying to compare it to the past kinda goes against your point.
This is the worst thing i've seen said by any of the staff team yet. Yeah let's just "wait" for people's exams to be over so they can come back to play a server that's been the same for 14 years. "No need to update it just keep it the same, that seems to work". people will come back eventually, happens every year." That's the most stupid thing ever heard. Like, no wonder why the server has never had a significant change or update, because you guys just wait it out instead of making changes. That's not development. Nor a way a server should be run. Like you don't even need to say "We hardly made any changes at all" because everyone is quite aware and have been for 14 years. You know that saying that goes "Only time will tell."? Yeah time called back and they told me the server's still the same as it was 14 years ago.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
I think you are forgetting that nobody here can pull magnificent changes and updates out their ass.

It takes time and work. Be patient.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(05-21-2022, 10:40 AM)Haarek Wrote: I think you are forgetting that nobody here can pull magnificent changes and updates out their ass.

Though I do agree with this in moderation, this thread was created in mid February. That's over three months ago. The amount of stuff you can get done in a week is surprising, let alone 90+ days; and that's not even taking into account that you have a whole team of people 'working' on it.

Again, not to hate on the management, but, as I always say to Grizzly, you can't expect anything from anyone unless you pay them, which is maybe where the core issue lies. After all, as they quite rightly say, they've (supposedly) got other things to do, so why should they spend their effort fixing Fearless? Passion can only go so far.

But, if it's not an issue with passion, motivation and time availability, then sadly it's competency.
The following 6 users Like Link's post:
  • L Y N C H Y, Lewwings, Pollux, Boonan, Equinox, RoCKy
(05-21-2022, 01:37 AM)Tim Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 12:00 AM)Random Wrote: Welcome to FL, has it’s ups and downs, has been that way for years.

What saved it was people that actually cared and wanted FL to live, and had to make the neccesary changes Smile Smile now those people are busy showing how important they are.

No one "saved" it at all in the past. Literally whenever the server pop was down years ago we just waited a few months and it recovered itself. We hardly made any changes at all, maybe once in a while we had an update alongside it but not always. Most recent example is just a few months ago, we didn't really do anything but the server was fine.

FL has had these moments several times a year for quite a while now, it's usually always people saying "FL needs big change or it dies" and then it proceeds to not die with no change at all. Not saying I expect it to recover without doing anything this time, just trying to compare it to the past kinda goes against your point.
This is the worst thing i've seen said by any of the staff team yet. Yeah let's just "wait" for people's exams to be over so they can come back to play a server that's been the same for 14 years. "No need to update it just keep it the same, that seems to work". people will come back eventually, happens every year." That's the most stupid thing ever heard. Like, no wonder why the server has never had a significant change or update, because you guys just wait it out instead of making changes. That's not development. Nor a way a server should be run. Like you don't even need to say "We hardly made any changes at all" because everyone is quite aware and have been for 14 years. You know that saying that goes "Only time will tell."? Yeah time called back and they told me the server's still the same as it was 14 years ago.

You're getting the wrong idea, they're saying that they'll be prioritising their exams over working on FL, as its not up for discussion that somebodies future outweighs fixing and implementing stuff to fix FL (again this is all voluntary work btw) and trust me they're aware that this one can't just be rode out like it has been in the past- it simply won't work this time. It needs big change, however real life takes precedence so all changes would've been halted until exam period is over.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Boonan's post:
  • Joe Joe
(05-21-2022, 12:19 PM)Link Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 10:40 AM)Haarek Wrote: I think you are forgetting that nobody here can pull magnificent changes and updates out their ass.

Though I do agree with this in moderation, this thread was created in mid February. That's over three months ago. The amount of stuff you can get done in a week is surprising, let alone 90+ days; and that's not even taking into account that you have a whole team of people 'working' on it.

I agree, by no means am I saying the development is in any way hasty. You are completely right.

As for being paid - sure - good luck - you'll need it.

But I don't think anyone here is sitting on the crown jewel of ideas that will swoop FL out of it's depression.
And I also think everyone has very different ideas of what will help FL. Including the staff. The only way to move forward here is to discuss and bring up good ideas, until some kind of consensus is reached.

But that's not what is happening in this thread - all I see is bitching.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 3 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Joe Joe, Pollux, Boonan
(05-16-2022, 10:39 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 09:12 PM)Equinox Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 07:26 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 05:39 PM)Equinox Wrote: "...but will also never join when there's <10 players on to either start the snowball effect with players or to just start a casual RP on the server."

You can't expect people to sacrifice their enjoyment for populating the server.

If you need to have people kickstart the server then there is something fundamentally wrong. The only way to solve it - is to understand and address the underlaying problem.

This "kickstarting the server" mentality is short sighted.
You are basically bucketing water out of a sinking boat - instead of fixing the leak.

This is not even "kickstarting" like you call it. *Eventually* someone would have to join the server, even back in golden days of FL. It's not like the server had constant 40-50 players on, even at 5AM on school day.

In those days there were regular players that burned for the game mode. It wasn't hard to populate the server when you had hundreds of teens who literally woke up just to play FL.

That's obviously not the case anymore - for several fixable reasons IMO.

(05-16-2022, 09:12 PM)Equinox Wrote: At some point, someone had to see 5-6 players on the server and obviously joined because they knew server would be borderline full within next few hours. Nowadays they don't even consider joining if it's below 15, and even then it's new players who randomly found server in server browser.

Point being that we need to fix the underlaying problem for why this happens. It doesn't help trying to kickstart the population if nobody enjoys the game. I think we both agree on this.

(05-16-2022, 10:09 PM)Tim Wrote: Over 20 pages
True OG´s know it's 5

(05-21-2022, 04:18 PM)Boonan Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 01:37 AM)Tim Wrote:

You're getting the wrong idea, they're saying that they'll be prioritising their exams over working on FL, as its not up for discussion that somebodies future outweighs fixing and implementing stuff to fix FL (again this is all voluntary work btw) and trust me they're aware that this one can't just be rode out like it has been in the past- it simply won't work this time. It needs big change, however real life takes precedence so all changes would've been halted until exam period is over.
So they've been doing exams for 14 years straight? This is no excuse for the lack of major updates and actual development. There has to have been some time in between. They just let it ride it out instead of doing something, which shows. Not saying it's wrong to prioritize yourself over a game. But that excuse only goes so far.
(05-21-2022, 05:42 PM)Tim Wrote: -Snip-
So they've been doing exams for 14 years straight? This is no excuse for the lack of major updates and actual development. There has to have been some time in between. They just let it ride it out instead of doing something, which shows. Not saying it's wrong to prioritize yourself over a game. But that excuse only goes so far.

Lets not blame the current team for the past 14 years of team. Come on now that logic can't even hold up. Just because we have the benefit of hindsight it doesn't mean the team say 3 years ago could have predicted where we are at currently. We are in a bad situation don't get me wrong. However, for the next few weeks, myself and many on the team will be prioritising our futures.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Boonan
(05-21-2022, 05:45 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:

Lets not blame the current team for the past 14 years of team. Come on now that logic can't even hold up. Just because we have the benefit of hindsight it doesn't mean the team say 3 years ago could have predicted where we are at currently. We are in a bad situation don't get me wrong. However, for the next few weeks, myself and many on the team will be prioritising our futures.
I see where your coming from and I understand and respect what you mean. But who is else is to blame? Especially when Pollux said y'all just let the server do its thing and wait for it to come back instead of updating and actually making changes to a severely outdated gamemode. It sure isn't the community's fault.
(05-21-2022, 05:55 PM)Tim Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 05:45 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:

I see where your coming from and I understand and respect what you mean. But who is else is to blame? Especially when Pollux said y'all just let the server do its thing and wait for it to come back instead of updating and actually making changes to a severely outdated gamemode. It sure isn't the community's fault.

But equally, for example, myself and Pollux have been Management since the beginning of the year. How are we personally to blame for 13 years of prior work? That's like blaming an employee of a company for its failure in the past when they've just received a promotion.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Boonan