What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(05-17-2022, 08:50 PM)Tim Wrote: You might wanna check your math while your at it because it's not "every 10 minutes"
when did he say that it was every 10 minutes
Welcome to FL, has it’s ups and downs, has been that way for years.
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Luminess
(05-18-2022, 12:00 AM)Random Wrote: Welcome to FL, has it’s ups and downs, has been that way for years.

What saved it was people that actually cared and wanted FL to live, and had to make the neccesary changes Smile Smile now those people are busy showing how important they are.
The following 1 user Likes Nadrickk's post:
  • Random
(05-18-2022, 06:39 AM)M0x Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 12:00 AM)Random Wrote: Welcome to FL, has it’s ups and downs, has been that way for years.

What saved it was people that actually cared and wanted FL to live, and had to make the neccesary changes Smile Smile now those people are busy showing how important they are.
Agree tbh. Theres also never been anything fresh from my experience, updates here and there are fun but after 5 minutes when you’ve tried everything it gets boring. FL could use an overhaul once or twice a year, just a massive update that makes it feel brand new
The following 2 users Like Random's post:
  • Nadrickk, Tim

No one "saved" it at all in the past. Literally whenever the server pop was down years ago we just waited a few months and it recovered itself. We hardly made any changes at all, maybe once in a while we had an update alongside it but not always. Most recent example is just a few months ago, we didn't really do anything but the server was fine.

FL has had these moments several times a year for quite a while now, it's usually always people saying "FL needs big change or it dies" and then it proceeds to not die with no change at all. Not saying I expect it to recover without doing anything this time, just trying to compare it to the past kinda goes against your point.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Yeah but theres only so many times a server can "magically" recover until it dies out, I mean I once played with 0 players 1, 2 and never cared but recently I just cant bring myself to join the server knowing its gonna be the same old sit bored, drive around and do the same cycle of things
(05-18-2022, 02:59 PM)Pollux Wrote:

No one "saved" it at all in the past. Literally whenever the server pop was down years ago we just waited a few months and it recovered itself. We hardly made any changes at all, maybe once in a while we had an update alongside it but not always. Most recent example is just a few months ago, we didn't really do anything but the server was fine.

FL has had these moments several times a year for quite a while now, it's usually always people saying "FL needs big change or it dies" and then it proceeds to not die with no change at all. Not saying I expect it to recover without doing anything this time, just trying to compare it to the past kinda goes against your point.

and here we're back to my point. Staff and devs back in the day did stuff actively to increase player pop. And here you are with your "no one saved it", just because you can't, expecting it to recover by itself, so you can feel like you're an important manager yet again
(05-19-2022, 12:29 AM)M0x Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 02:59 PM)Pollux Wrote:

and here we're back to my point. Staff and devs back in the day did stuff actively to increase player pop. And here you are with your "no one saved it", just because you can't, expecting it to recover by itself, so you can feel like you're an important manager yet again

No we didn't always do stuff, I think you're forgetting how long I've been on the team for lol. I never said I expect it to recover by itself either, I actually said the exact opposite but alright.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

I think we all want to see the server thrive, including Pollux.

It is also the worst time for people to dedicate any time at the moment, due to exam season.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Self, Boonan
Ladies and Jellyspoons, this isn't some 'dick measuring' contest to try and pin 'whos got the biggest ego on the FL management team'. We all at management deeply care for the server, just like the rest of the team do along with many of you do - and like the vast majority of you we don't want it to fail.

But all I'm seeing day-in day-out reading this thread is just endless splurging of toxicity, negativity and hate. Whether the hate be aimed at Management or the Devs. Lets be real for a minute, what is that going to achieve? Nothing. When writing these comments do you genuinely think hating on the people who are trying to come up with ideas to help FL are going to be more motivated by your comments? Of course they are not.

Everyone in this team is in it for a reason, we all deeply care, and we all have our own ideas on how FL should be shaped in the future. But equally at the end of the day this is a community - the community are completely able and capable of suggesting their own ideas, and some of you have. However, a vast majority are using this thread to just using this thread as a platform to let your emotions run wild. By suggestions, I mean a genuine suggestions on the issue. So not just "Add XYZ", why should XYZ be added? What benefit will it add? Is it worth the time and effort putting in to adding it? Many suggestions circling about have little to no thought behind them - which results in players getting frustrated when we completely ignore it.

Equally, this time of the year in particular is a busy one for many - it's exam season. And with all honesty, however much I love FL and want it to thrive I will always prioritise my own future and success as I'm sure many would. And as such our time for FL is very limited. I appreciate you want change and want FL to thrive and prosper. However, it's not a two second job and patience is needed. We are working when we can to figure out what to do, but until then sit tight, provide ideas when you can, and try to be pleasant
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 4 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Conn, Pollux, Equinox, Haarek