What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
I think there are a lot of things that can be done.
And I think there is meaningful headway on certain things.

FL is definitely not doomed.

But things take time - that's just how it is.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
+Support
[Image: giphy.gif]
You are being watched. The government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find *you*.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 1 user Likes gin's post:
  • Boonan
(05-15-2022, 01:44 PM)Kingstone Wrote: You are being watched. The government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find *you*.

[Image: the-matrix-hugo-weaving.gif]

Spoiler :
All jokes aside. The server is in a pitiful place, and I don't just mean now, but long-term. Things aren't exactly looking 'rosy'.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • User 21796, Equinox
(05-15-2022, 02:20 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 01:44 PM)Kingstone Wrote: You are being watched. The government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find *you*.

Spoiler :
All jokes aside. The server is in a pitiful place, and I don't just mean now, but long-term. Things aren't exactly looking 'rosy'.

But always remember this, they got 45 players some weekends ago so therefore the server isn't dying and therefore does not need any other changes. It's perfectly fine the way it is
[Image: q5Y1C8n.png]
Just a guy who stumbles across the internet and shares his findings. Carry on.
Was I able to help you out? Feel free to give me a rep point here!
The following 3 users Like TonettaFan #2319's post:
  • Lewwings, User 21796, Link
(05-15-2022, 01:44 PM)Kingstone Wrote: You are being watched.

u and cctv dont have the best track record huh
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 3 users Like jhayw's post:
  • Awestruck, Dragnort_, gin
(05-15-2022, 06:37 PM)TonettaFan #2319 Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 01:44 PM)Kingstone Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

But always remember this, they got 45 players some weekends ago so therefore the server isn't dying and therefore does not need any other changes. It's perfectly fine the way it is

There is an obvious difference between getting 45 players on event night and having 45 players on daily basis. Take Squid Game event as an example, we managed to fill an entire server that night, we never expected so many people, but next day it was back to "average".

Garry's mod for sure isn't dying, but sometimes one gets feeling people gained an extremely short attention span, where they'll join for a well-made event, but will also never join when there's <10 players on to either start the snowball effect with players or to just start a casual RP on the server.
~ Equinox ~
(05-15-2022, 06:37 PM)TonettaFan #2319 Wrote:

Spoiler :

That couldn't be more wrong, the reason that so many players were one was because that was an event. It typically doesn't have that many players ever on a daily basis anymore. The server needs CHANGE. It NEEDS it! It's been the same for 14 years. In order to change and grow you need to be able to change and adapt! Which FL has not, which is why we are seeing the server decline like it has been. FL NEEDS change! I can't express that more than I already have. Imagine playing the same game for 14 years with no updates or major change. It gets BORING! We are seeing the effects of that boredom. You simply cannot expect FL to come back by not making any major changes. Roleplay and hosting events WILL NOT bring the server back! It NEEDS change! Those that argue that FL doesn't need change are the reason FL is the way it is. That and the fact that the devs have said it would be to difficult to get new content. However, it's what needs to happen. Don't get me wrong I love this community and always will, but the community can only do so much. FL is long overdue for some major change and until that happens, the server will stay in its current state. I'm not saying we need this change right now this very second. But we need it as soon as possible if the server is gonna ever come back. I've said this all before and I'll say it again and again until FL truly changes. Because I care for this community and the server. It's amazing that FL has lasted over 14 years, especially with no major changes, but if it's going to continue. It NEEDS change.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
(05-16-2022, 05:39 PM)Equinox Wrote: "...but will also never join when there's <10 players on to either start the snowball effect with players or to just start a casual RP on the server."

You can't expect people to sacrifice their enjoyment for populating the server.

If you need to have people kickstart the server then there is something fundamentally wrong. The only way to solve it - is to understand and address the underlaying problem.

This "kickstarting the server" mentality is short sighted.
You are basically bucketing water out of a sinking boat - instead of fixing the leak.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
I think a few folks missed Tonetta's sarcasm.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • TonettaFan #2319