What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
Me, Joe and Pollux have the impossible job, making balanced decisions and trying to keep a server alive despite the aging team and community. We can’t just “do FL v2”, and we know because we’ve tried, at least 3 times. Progress is slow, it needs a hell of a lot of time, and a hell of a lot of people to succeed. Development isn’t going to solve our issues alone - the simple premise is that people want roleplay but people create roleplay and thus there’s a vicious cycle when people don’t join so no roleplay is created. What can we do to solve this? Incentives to play, people need to have something to grind and work for - we are working on an economy revamp, descaling, balancing, and reworking income sources (this takes lots of time…..), we need to look at more avenues of advertisement and incentives for new players (we’ve had some talks and ideas, early stages).

Some people on here are clearly bitter, but your bitterness doesn’t help us at all, it doesn’t answer any questions, and there comes a point it’s downright boring. There’s a lot of what we can do being thrown around, but no real consideration as to how we do it. We’re riding such a thin line, we have to do stuff right because we can’t then we’re almost definitely dead.

We all have full time jobs or lots of uni work to do, this is something that we put a lot of our spare time into, and whether you agree with our choices or not, it’d be great if some people would grow up a bit and stop throwing a hissy fit whilst contributing sweet fuck all to actually be useful.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 4 users Like Conn's post:
  • Joe Joe, Equinox, Envy, Ausverkauft
Tbf after playing last few days I still really enjoy playing but of course without players it makes it hard but there is still a lot of fun to be had on FL ngl
Although I don't agree with how you've worded this post and who you've thrown the blame at, the issue you've mentioned here is one we're all aware of.

I don't believe the severe level of inactivity is Divey's fault. He can't force people to play on the server.

However Gmod is still a plentifully active game for the server to be thriving. There's plenty of RP servers packed with players. This is why I believe something needs to be done about it. I think it might just be a simple case of getting the word out.

Perhaps some advertisement for the server and it's community in the right places might be the answer.

If the server becomes more active, it might help more of the problems you listed become resolved.
[Image: jck7EJ6.png]
(05-08-2022, 03:11 PM)Conn Wrote: Me, Joe and Pollux have the impossible job, making balanced decisions and trying to keep a server alive despite the aging team and community. We can’t just “do FL v2”, and we know because we’ve tried, at least 3 times. Progress is slow, it needs a hell of a lot of time, and a hell of a lot of people to succeed. Development isn’t going to solve our issues alone - the simple premise is that people want roleplay but people create roleplay and thus there’s a vicious cycle when people don’t join so no roleplay is created. What can we do to solve this? Incentives to play, people need to have something to grind and work for - we are working on an economy revamp, descaling, balancing, and reworking income sources (this takes lots of time…..), we need to look at more avenues of advertisement and incentives for new players (we’ve had some talks and ideas, early stages).

Some people on here are clearly bitter, but your bitterness doesn’t help us at all, it doesn’t answer any questions, and there comes a point it’s downright boring. There’s a lot of what we can do being thrown around, but no real consideration as to how we do it. We’re riding such a thin line, we have to do stuff right because we can’t then we’re almost definitely dead.

We all have full time jobs or lots of uni work to do, this is something that we put a lot of our spare time into, and whether you agree with our choices or not, it’d be great if some people would grow up a bit and stop throwing a hissy fit whilst contributing sweet fuck all to actually be useful.

I literally can’t imagine „we are working on an economy revamp, descaling, balancing, and reworking income sources“ this will change anything. Like the majority of the players have reached literally everything. Sure we are a roleplay server and the Roleplays should the reason why we enjoy playing. But the Content just got boring too and I think it needs to be refreshed so many new Roleplays are possible. Like.. for real.. we need something to work for.. I don’t know what your plan includes but this doesn’t sound like it will help us for a long time.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
The following 1 user Likes RoCKy's post:
  • Ausverkauft
(05-08-2022, 09:13 PM)RoCKy Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 03:11 PM)Conn Wrote: Me, Joe and Pollux have the impossible job, making balanced decisions and trying to keep a server alive despite the aging team and community. We can’t just “do FL v2”, and we know because we’ve tried, at least 3 times. Progress is slow, it needs a hell of a lot of time, and a hell of a lot of people to succeed. Development isn’t going to solve our issues alone - the simple premise is that people want roleplay but people create roleplay and thus there’s a vicious cycle when people don’t join so no roleplay is created. What can we do to solve this? Incentives to play, people need to have something to grind and work for - we are working on an economy revamp, descaling, balancing, and reworking income sources (this takes lots of time…..), we need to look at more avenues of advertisement and incentives for new players (we’ve had some talks and ideas, early stages).

I literally can’t imagine „we are working on an economy revamp, descaling, balancing, and reworking income sources“ this will change anything. Like the majority of the players have reached literally everything. Sure we are a roleplay server and the Roleplays should the reason why we enjoy playing. But the Content just got boring too and I think it needs to be refreshed so many new Roleplays are possible. Like.. for real.. we need something to work for.. I don’t know what your plan includes but this doesn’t sound like it will help us for a long time.

All you do is moan - give some ideas all you've said is revamp management that it?? is that whats gonna save fl? fuck me lets me do it

-Removed by Steven8ken
(05-08-2022, 09:32 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:

All you do is moan - give some ideas all you've said is revamp management that it?? is that whats gonna save fl? fuck me lets me do it
To be honest, this is not moaning at all. I have given plenty of ideas already. But for you I am saying it again of course. Close the server - overwork the Gamemode - Change the Content completely - Open the Server with fresh air. This would take a lot of time..  but we literally have nothing to lose. The server is sadly in a critical status right now. Many are just hoping that over time the server will heal again without any changes like it used to happen before. But this time it will need something else than just hoping and making an economy revamp. Economy Revamp should be just a part of a new Era
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
I've merged the two threads together as it's better for everything to be in one place.

(05-08-2022, 09:42 PM)RoCKy Wrote:

To be honest, this is not moaning at all. I have given plenty of ideas already. But for you I am saying it again of course. Close the server - overwork the Gamemode - Change the Content completely - Open the Server with fresh air. This would take a lot of time..  but we literally have nothing to lose. The server is sadly in a critical status right now. Many are just hoping that over time the server will heal again without any changes like it used to happen before. But this time it will need something else than just hoping and making an economy revamp. Economy Revamp should be just a part of a new Era

You have to understand that saying "change everything" isn't helpful or even realistic.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-08-2022, 10:22 PM)Pollux Wrote: I've merged the two threads together as it's better for everything to be in one place.

(05-08-2022, 09:42 PM)RoCKy Wrote:

You have to understand that saying "change everything" isn't helpful or even realistic.
I have said several times what exactly should be changed. Out of interest.. I just do not understand how an economy revamp can help us when content stays the same. Like.. what is the plan after that? Otherwise it won’t get us anywhere. Thats what I assume
(05-08-2022, 10:34 PM)RoCKy Wrote: -Snip-
I have said several times what exactly should be changed. Out of interest.. I just do not understand how an economy revamp can help us when content stays the same. Like.. what is the plan after that? Otherwise it won’t get us anywhere. Thats what I assume

Well what you want isn't exactly what everyone wants. Many people over the past few years have expressed their distaste for the economy and how hyperdeflated it has become. People have nothing to work towards and the moneys purchasing power is through the roof and as such any economy FL had has stalled. This is something many people have wanted changing.

Now all we've said about is the economy because that's the only one which the public have insight on - this doesn't mean its the only thing we're planning. But so far you're just throwing endless negativity at anything the team say. What is your hyperfixation on content? What specific content do you think could fix FL? If we are so certain the fix to all of FLs problems is say content, how will your proposed content effect FL for the better?
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Ausverkauft
I sit here and think what would actually make FL thrive in players and there’s honestly not a lot I can think off if you change everything be good for a bit of time but before you know it we will be back to square one I can’t even think of any updates that would make FL active a few updates will make it only popular temporarily til the update becomes normal to everyone