What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(05-05-2022, 08:39 PM)RoCKy Wrote: I said it before and I still stick to my opinion. Close the server for some months/weeks as long as you need. Come back with a brand new server, new HUD, new F1 Menu, New Content (completely new), new ways to make money but of course FL should stay FL. I know this takes time and a lot of work but it would be nice, would bring back many old players probably aswell. (Or keep the server open and work on something completely new while having one server online)

(05-07-2022, 05:46 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 03:44 PM)ryan! Wrote: -Snip-

Me and Pollux have many different standpoints on many different things. Team's don't always agree on everything. Surely you can appreciate that. Mine and Pollux's differing views have had no effect on changes thus far. So lets not make ill-informed assumptions.

What changes Smile
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
I know management listens to people who put in work to share their opinions and thoughts.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Joe Joe
(05-07-2022, 03:44 PM)ryan! Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 09:53 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Doing everything you've just suggested will make it no FL. Fearless is what it is because what's already been built, all its little quirks and uniqueness. Take all of that away and replace it and you've just got something which isn't FL anymore. If you replace essentially everything, nothing which makes it 'FL' remains.

(05-06-2022, 11:16 PM)Pollux Wrote: I think the fault lies on the fact that no one has wanted to change anything as any change makes it no longer "FL" - an argument which I personally hate but I can see why people say that. This fault isn't on any particular person, it's more what the attitude has been for years. SoulRipper was never around so it was hard for FL to ever have a vision back then, nothing has changed really since the owner swap. Even a lot of the community is pretty resistant to changing anything, likely due to a lot of nostalgia. Truth is everyone has a different opinion as to what makes "FL" what it is because it has no core identity. FL started as trying to copy another server with a stolen gamemode and never really became more than that. It hasn't ever had a vision apart from be just like the server it copied, once that was done and the other shut down it's just been coasting along. FL has always hated change, and I still stand by that it will be the death of it.

Having two members of management with these completely different standpoints is really how I know nothing will ever actually change. Either put some options up for community voting or at least come to some agreement in the staffing of which direction to take the server. This is an obvious showcase of what I am assuming is preventing change behind the scenes.

Everyone has their own opinions, it's actually probably worse if everyone did agree because then they'd be no discussion or counter points. We work by majority on decisions not everyone agreeing, so it's not possible for two of us disagreeing with eachother (which is a good thing - you want different viewpoints before making a decision) to hold up everything.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-05-2022, 08:39 PM)RoCKy Wrote: I said it before and I still stick to my opinion. Close the server for some months/weeks as long as you need. Come back with a brand new server, new HUD, new F1 Menu, New Content (completely new), new ways to make money but of course FL should stay FL. I know this takes time and a lot of work but it would be nice, would bring back many old players probably aswell. (Or keep the server open and work on something completely new while having one server online)

(05-07-2022, 07:11 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 09:53 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Doing everything you've just suggested will make it no FL. Fearless is what it is because what's already been built, all its little quirks and uniqueness. Take all of that away and replace it and you've just got something which isn't FL anymore. If you replace essentially everything, nothing which makes it 'FL' remains.

(05-06-2022, 11:16 PM)Pollux Wrote: I think the fault lies on the fact that no one has wanted to change anything as any change makes it no longer "FL" - an argument which I personally hate but I can see why people say that. This fault isn't on any particular person, it's more what the attitude has been for years. SoulRipper was never around so it was hard for FL to ever have a vision back then, nothing has changed really since the owner swap. Even a lot of the community is pretty resistant to changing anything, likely due to a lot of nostalgia. Truth is everyone has a different opinion as to what makes "FL" what it is because it has no core identity. FL started as trying to copy another server with a stolen gamemode and never really became more than that. It hasn't ever had a vision apart from be just like the server it copied, once that was done and the other shut down it's just been coasting along. FL has always hated change, and I still stand by that it will be the death of it.

Having two members of management with these completely different standpoints is really how I know nothing will ever actually change. Either put some options up for community voting or at least come to some agreement in the staffing of which direction to take the server. This is an obvious showcase of what I am assuming is preventing change behind the scenes.

Everyone has their own opinions, it's actually probably worse if everyone did agree because then they'd be no discussion or counter points. We work by majority on decisions not everyone agreeing, so it's not possible for two of us disagreeing with eachother (which is a good thing - you want different viewpoints before making a decision) to hold up everything.

I agree if different opinions lead to some time of positive compromise. But letting the server slowly die since Joe Joe doesn't want to make any real change is not a good thing. As you said, in your opinion, people with his opinion are at fault for the server's decline.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
No offense, but Joe Joe needs to get his head out of his ass. Change is a good thing. He shouldn't be the one who gets to dictate if FL can change or not. FL is not the server or the content in it, it's the community. The community is what makes FL. So getting new content and updating shit won't make FL something else. It will make it something better. Let's get this shit done instead of having the same argument over and over again with absolutely no progress. Yall have been sayin you have this plan but "don't wanna disclose it" which is really aggravating and honestly sounds like there's no plan at all.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
(05-07-2022, 07:19 PM)ryan! Wrote:

(05-07-2022, 07:11 PM)Pollux Wrote:

I agree if different opinions lead to some time of positive compromise. But letting the server slowly die since Joe Joe doesn't want to make any real change is not a good thing. As you said, in your opinion, people with his opinion are at fault for the server's decline.

(05-08-2022, 03:32 AM)Tim Wrote: No offense, but Joe Joe needs to get his head out of his ass. Change is a good thing. He shouldn't be the one who gets to dictate if FL can change or not. FL is not the server or the content in it, it's the community. The community is what makes FL. So getting new content and updating shit won't make FL something else. It will make it something better. Let's get this shit done instead of having the same argument over and over again with absolutely no progress. Yall have been sayin you have this plan but "don't wanna disclose it" which is really aggravating and honestly sounds like there's no plan at all.

I don't know how you guys arrived at the conclusion that Joe Joe is holding things back - he isn't. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is a good thing for reasons I stated previously. The issue more comes down to a lack of shared vision for many years, as I did state in an earlier reply. I did say I'll write up a post at some point and I did start it, I've just had a lot of IRL things that have taken up most of my time - it is exam season after all. It's not an "official" post or anything, more just my side of stuff and it'll probably cover everything people have asked.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Back in March we created a Discord channel with pretty much all staff members in it, aswell as veterans and other influential members of the community. We’ve given so many suggestions and valid points, even a lot of points “management” agreed with.

Yet you’ve done nothing, you continue doing nothing and you won’t ever do something. FL needs a leader willing to take care of the current problems, one of the biggest issues is your mentality, it needs to be taken care of.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Nuka
I’m not in it… Sad
(05-08-2022, 10:42 AM)Jan Wrote: Back in March we created a Discord channel with pretty much all staff members in it, aswell as veterans and other influential members of the community. We’ve given so many suggestions and valid points, even a lot of points “management” agreed with.

Yet you’ve done nothing, you continue doing nothing and you won’t ever do something. FL needs a leader willing to take care of the current problems, one of the biggest issues is your mentality, it needs to be taken care of.

-Removed by Steven8ken
1. Don't get me wrong, having your whole inventory destroyed makes it more enjoyable to play and tougher. The new competition will become more intense. It's as if you've just joined a fresh server, but you already know how to play.
Just preserve the legacy items, like BMW, Trabant, dupe, and so forth.

2. If not, create a new server and extract the identical code for all of the HUDs, panels, and so on. Completely whipped Create a new statistic page for the forum. Reintroduce the map voting. For about a week, add legacy automobiles. Let's just give it a month and see what happens. FL, I feel, is a people, not a place.

As DVN There is nothing to do with management, everyone has a different perspective. Things can change. Everything happened for a reason. We either move on or start thinking about solutions instead of complaining.
(05-08-2022, 03:32 AM)Tim Wrote: No offense, but Joe Joe needs to get his head out of his ass. Change is a good thing. He shouldn't be the one who gets to dictate if FL can change or not. FL is not the server or the content in it, it's the community. The community is what makes FL. So getting new content and updating shit won't make FL something else. It will make it something better. Let's get this shit done instead of having the same argument over and over again with absolutely no progress. Yall have been sayin you have this plan but "don't wanna disclose it" which is really aggravating and honestly sounds like there's no plan at all.

I'm not really sure where this idea of me having my head up my ass and stopping change js coming from. But maybe you're misunderstanding what I've been saying.

Everyone has a different view on what makes Fearlesss what it is and that's okay. I am not opposed to content being added and I don't actually think I've said I was anywhere.

In terms of what I've been personally looking at is the state of the economy. In this discord with numerous players in I've posted about it - a 8 page comprehensive document about reworking the economy which I'm currently in the process of tweaking again. However, the only person in that discord with many who even bothered to read it and offer an opinion was Hareek. So yes we may bash management for taking their time on things, but even when we've given members a golden opportunity to give an opinion, they still failed to do so
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<