What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(05-06-2022, 09:24 AM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 09:01 AM)RoCKy Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 09:53 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 08:39 PM)RoCKy Wrote: I said it before and I still stick to my opinion. Close the server for some months/weeks as long as you need. Come back with a brand new server, new HUD, new F1 Menu, New Content (completely new), new ways to make money but of course FL should stay FL. I know this takes time and a lot of work but it would be nice, would bring back many old players probably aswell. (Or keep the server open and work on something completely new while having one server online)

Doing everything you've just suggested will make it no FL. Fearless is what it is because what's already been built, all its little quirks and uniqueness. Take all of that away and replace it and you've just got something which isn't FL anymore. If you replace essentially everything, nothing which makes it 'FL' remains.
 Well then it won’t stay FL.. who cares. The Players will make FL like FL was before. This doesn’t have to do anything with content actually. All I am saying is that we need something new and the players will make the rest and bring back old FL vibes by raiding other bases, nexus raids, contraband farming together, many roleplays, gangs, etc.  As Awestruck said the server is boring like hell. Sure there may be sometimes some nice RPs but this doesn’t help.

With all due respect Rocky, what your suggesting is put a coat of paint on FL and call it new. Everything you've suggested like raiding bases or contrafarming is what exists already. The players may be the reason FL is what it is today - however a lot of that also relates to the content, tools and abilities present on the server

The only thing I am waiting for is a masterplan of the management. You have had more than enough time for that now. Present it to the community or make a survey. Everyone says it takes time to make a difference. But the majority of the community literally lost their hope in this server. Why? because there has never been a constructive plan which has been presented to the players. Make a survey in regards of how to make FL better again with many questions and then work with that. Not the Management or the Dev team should be the ones who make decisions in what direction FL goes. Give that decision to the players and work with what the majority wants. So there are like 2 options.. Make a survey if you don’t have a plan. And if you do have a plan then publish it and see what the community thinks about it. This is not a small update which has to be hided.. it’s the direction where FL is going to be heading to.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
(05-06-2022, 09:53 AM)RoCKy Wrote: -Snip-
The only thing I am waiting for is a masterplan of the management. You have had more than enough time for that now. Present it to the community or make a survey. Everyone says it takes time to make a difference. But the majority of the community literally lost their hope in this server. Why? because there has never been a constructive plan which has been presented to the players. Make a survey in regards of how to make FL better again with many questions and then work with that. Not the Management or the Dev team should be the ones who make decisions in what direction FL goes. Give that decision to the players and work with what the majority wants. So there are like 2 options.. Make a survey if you don’t have a plan. And if you do have a plan then publish it and see what the community thinks about it. This is not a small update which has to be hided.. it’s the direction where FL is going to be heading to.

The team doesn't release to the public major plans unless they are near to completion for a good reason - If we make a promise we can't keep, which is bound to happen at some point, there would be public uproar. Behind the scenes we have a plan for what needs to be done, drawing on information from the last survey along with information we've picked up from player suggestions and other conversations.

Also as Management our job is to literally oversee FL and make the decisions for it, many members of this community base their ideologies and decisions off of their emotions. Emotions are prone to making misguided decisions. Major decisions for the future of FL need to take into account not only what the players want, but what is also realistic and feasible.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Self
I am not gonna lie Im more than down to start a whole fresh it’s so easy to get money and literally have a complete inventory start a fresh anyone who still cares about their inventory is a new player or someone who likes to feel good on a role play server for having currency and a few cars the only thing I’d happily keep is my Adv Dupes reset everything overhaul everything and we all have a fresh start everyone’s a winner as right now 99% of players are rich and bored
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Dragnort_
(05-05-2022, 08:39 PM)RoCKy Wrote: I said it before and I still stick to my opinion. Close the server for some months/weeks as long as you need. Come back with a brand new server, new HUD, new F1 Menu, New Content (completely new), new ways to make money but of course FL should stay FL. I know this takes time and a lot of work but it would be nice, would bring back many old players probably aswell. (Or keep the server open and work on something completely new while having one server online)

Doing everything you've just suggested will make it no FL. Fearless is what it is because what's already been built, all its little quirks and uniqueness. Take all of that away and replace it and you've just got something which isn't FL anymore. If you replace essentially everything, nothing which makes it 'FL' remains.
 Well then it won’t stay FL.. who cares. The Players will make FL like FL was before. This doesn’t have to do anything with content actually. All I am saying is that we need something new and the players will make the rest and bring back old FL vibes by raiding other bases, nexus raids, contraband farming together, many roleplays, gangs, etc.  As Awestruck said the server is boring like hell. Sure there may be sometimes some nice RPs but this doesn’t help.

Haven't you like, left the community 5 times and come back then left again, when was the last time you played properly, management literally isnt at fault.

Like Awestruck said the server is boring, no ones gonna play when its dead or if people are hiding in corners to farm.

To the people saying the content is dead and it needs to be changed - there why is like 50k people on hundreds of darkrp servers that are EXACTLY identical and the only difference is their UI... I'll wait for an answer.

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 3 users Like Dragnort_'s post:
  • Joe Joe, Jessixa, max.
(05-06-2022, 09:53 AM)RoCKy Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 08:39 PM)RoCKy Wrote: -snap-
-snap-
-snap-
-snap

Suggestions on forums have been open for over a decade now, and we keep encouraging people to post there. Everytime a new suggestion gets posted I already see devs (especially Pollux) reading the thread, so I can confirm you that suggestions aren't being ignored.

When it comes to direct contact with community, I believe there were one or two community meetings where everyone could come forward and speak. From what I've heard there were barely any people there, and most of talking was just complaining or suggesting ideas that would boost playerbase for only an additional week or so. Even nowadays majority of suggestions are just new clothes and new cars that you could grind in 1 day, then go back to forums and complain. It's not easy to come up with core-changes for long term, but I'd leave such decisions to development and management. Active ones, that is, the ones that actually play on the server on daily basis and experience first-row action with the players. Only those should have the right to make changes.
~ Equinox ~
(05-06-2022, 03:30 AM)Tim Wrote: It's great that FL has lasted this long. 

I think Tim raises a good few points.

FL, practically, has not changed since its inception. Don't get me wrong - it seemed to be a winning formula - and people enjoyed it. I have a thousand hours on the server so clearly the actual gamemode itself was enjoyable.

I think it's obvious though that the fervour for it just isn't there anymore. The Casual RP trend has fallen away. Overwhelmingly, people who want to RP nowadays, want to do it in a serious and controlled manner. People don't want to build their own passive RPs. Hence why FiveM and PERP are doing so well - there isn't actually much space to do anything outside of the defined jobs and gamemode. FiveM, arguably, has made RP mainstream. I haven't got into it but I certainly can see why people have.

I think there has to come a time where you acknowledge that the server in its current form cannot attract new people. That isn't the fault of any of the staff - because as mentioned previously the server did fine years ago in the same format - I think the trend has shifted away from individual player-driven Casual/Passive RP to server driven, structured RP. Where the staff, and the actual gamemode itself, provides RP opportunities - for example in FiveM you can be a delivery driver and deliver items completely individually, you can ticket cars, do LOADS of jobs - all without seeing another player. And when there are other players, all RP takes place in a pre-structured, GOOD manner.

The primary issue as well in terms of playerbase is that FL cannot function with less than 25 people on the server - there aren't enough police to do raids etc., not enough customers for passive RP, and those who are on the server are contrawhoring. So when someone joins and there's only five people, there's NOTHING for them to do - unlike FiveM where you can join and do loads of things in the meantime.

TL: DR it's no-one's fault but FL just isn't the trend anymore.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 6 users Like Nuka's post:
  • Pollux, Tim, max., Joe Joe, Boonan, AlexCooper
(05-06-2022, 02:36 PM)Nuka Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 03:30 AM)Tim Wrote: It's great that FL has lasted this long. 

I think Tim raises a good few points.

FL, practically, has not changed since its inception. Don't get me wrong - it seemed to be a winning formula - and people enjoyed it. I have a thousand hours on the server so clearly the actual gamemode itself was enjoyable.

I think it's obvious though that the fervour for it just isn't there anymore. The Casual RP trend has fallen away. Overwhelmingly, people who want to RP nowadays, want to do it in a serious and controlled manner. People don't want to build their own passive RPs. Hence why FiveM and PERP are doing so well - there isn't actually much space to do anything outside of the defined jobs and gamemode. FiveM, arguably, has made RP mainstream. I haven't got into it but I certainly can see why people have.

I think there has to come a time where you acknowledge that the server in its current form cannot attract new people. That isn't the fault of any of the staff - because as mentioned previously the server did fine years ago in the same format - I think the trend has shifted away from individual player-driven Casual/Passive RP to server driven, structured RP. Where the staff, and the actual gamemode itself, provides RP opportunities - for example in FiveM you can be a delivery driver and deliver items completely individually, you can ticket cars, do LOADS of jobs - all without seeing another player. And when there are other players, all RP takes place in a pre-structured, GOOD manner.

The primary issue as well in terms of playerbase is that FL cannot function with less than 25 people on the server - there aren't enough police to do raids etc., not enough customers for passive RP, and those who are on the server are contrawhoring. So when someone joins and there's only five people, there's NOTHING for them to do - unlike FiveM where you can join and do loads of things in the meantime.

TL: DR it's no-one's fault but FL just isn't the trend anymore.

I disagree, I think the fault lies on the fact that no one has wanted to change anything as any change makes it no longer "FL" - an argument which I personally hate but I can see why people say that. This fault isn't on any particular person, it's more what the attitude has been for years. SoulRipper was never around so it was hard for FL to ever have a vision back then, nothing has changed really since the owner swap. Even a lot of the community is pretty resistant to changing anything, likely due to a lot of nostalgia. Truth is everyone has a different opinion as to what makes "FL" what it is because it has no core identity. FL started as trying to copy another server with a stolen gamemode and never really became more than that. It hasn't ever had a vision apart from be just like the server it copied, once that was done and the other shut down it's just been coasting along. FL has always hated change, and I still stand by that it will be the death of it.

(05-06-2022, 09:53 AM)RoCKy Wrote:

With all due respect Rocky, what your suggesting is put a coat of paint on FL and call it new. Everything you've suggested like raiding bases or contrafarming is what exists already. The players may be the reason FL is what it is today - however a lot of that also relates to the content, tools and abilities present on the server

We do have a plan and have had one for a while, I think I'll probably make a separate thread explaining what is going on as I do understand why people feel frustrated - I do too and probably so do Conn and Joe Joe. I was going to reply here with it but it'll just get buried.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

This is prob the best opinion I have heard in a while. I think instead of closing the server, devs should work on updates on the test server and release Fearless 2 as a new server. Have general reworks like F1 menu etc. and an inventory wipe and remove money packs. There is no incentive for players to base or open shops with the current economy of FL.

(05-05-2022, 09:53 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Doing everything you've just suggested will make it no FL. Fearless is what it is because what's already been built, all its little quirks and uniqueness. Take all of that away and replace it and you've just got something which isn't FL anymore. If you replace essentially everything, nothing which makes it 'FL' remains.

(05-06-2022, 11:16 PM)Pollux Wrote: I think the fault lies on the fact that no one has wanted to change anything as any change makes it no longer "FL" - an argument which I personally hate but I can see why people say that. This fault isn't on any particular person, it's more what the attitude has been for years. SoulRipper was never around so it was hard for FL to ever have a vision back then, nothing has changed really since the owner swap. Even a lot of the community is pretty resistant to changing anything, likely due to a lot of nostalgia. Truth is everyone has a different opinion as to what makes "FL" what it is because it has no core identity. FL started as trying to copy another server with a stolen gamemode and never really became more than that. It hasn't ever had a vision apart from be just like the server it copied, once that was done and the other shut down it's just been coasting along. FL has always hated change, and I still stand by that it will be the death of it.

Having two members of management with these completely different standpoints is really how I know nothing will ever actually change. Either put some options up for community voting or at least come to some agreement in the staffing of which direction to take the server. This is an obvious showcase of what I am assuming is preventing change behind the scenes.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 1 user Likes ryan!'s post:
  • RoCKy
(05-07-2022, 03:44 PM)ryan! Wrote: -Snip-

Me and Pollux have many different standpoints on many different things. Team's don't always agree on everything. Surely you can appreciate that. Mine and Pollux's differing views have had no effect on changes thus far. So lets not make ill-informed assumptions.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Dragnort_
(05-07-2022, 05:46 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 03:44 PM)ryan! Wrote: -Snip-

Me and Pollux have many different standpoints on many different things. Team's don't always agree on everything. Surely you can appreciate that. Mine and Pollux's differing views have had no effect on changes thus far. So lets not make ill-informed assumptions.

I forgot that when two people don't share the same viewpoint it means they can't come to an agreement. Do'h!

-Removed by Steven8ken