What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(05-04-2022, 07:29 AM)Marty Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 07:26 AM)Caesar Wrote: -snip-

This is not how a staff me.ber should conduct themselves on a public response or forum.

Don't take things personally. You aren't going to change the world.

I didn't take anything personally at all, it's that I'm sick of seeing the same shit all the time it's boring and you're all saying the same shit that is already being worked on and Marty mate honestly I could care less how you see my response.
The following 3 users Like Caesar's post:
  • Toe Shmicki, Boonan, max.
(05-04-2022, 07:24 AM)Marty Wrote: There has been several ban wipes. When FL gets desperate it wipes it s bans. That's how the LL people ended up back after theyre server shit the bed and closed, even despite when they split they got banned for being super minges.

Anyway, GMOD is a dying game. Time to start branching out into FiveM or other RP game modes.

Garry's Mod itself isn't dying, it's still got 30 000 players in the last 24 hours. Whether or not RP game modes are dying is another thing.

Some people mention switching games to FiveM or even Arma, but it's not really a realistic option.

FiveM is completely different from Garry's Mod in every aspect, especially when it comes to development. How are you going to develop a custom server on FiveM with Source Engine developers? Since FL isn't a FiveM community, we don't have FiveM developers.
Also, FiveM isn't really suitable for Fearless type of roleplay from what I know. No dupes, mainly just cars, and guns. Not to mention that it wouldn't simply be FL anymore. If we switched games, most of our current player base wouldn't really switch with us and it wouldn't even be the old game mode anymore either, so it would basically be a random FiveM server with the Fearless name.

S&Box might be the closest thing to a "Garry's Mod sequel", but from what I've been told it's not really suitable for RP game modes and it would take a long while to have the necessary content to switch over, so it's not really an option either.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 2 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • Boonan, max.
(05-04-2022, 05:09 AM)Abodigamer Wrote: [Image: a96460df296c56f926dc6b8d47d0b6b0.png]

we really need to discuss why Pollux is in the Kremlin
The following 5 users Like Luna's post:
  • Caesar, Equinox, max., Nuka, mintblackbeard
Shocking that lad
Some good points in this thread.

Firstly Divey better watch out cause Abodi is coming for him.

Secondly, seems like a lot of demands but no solutions.

Thirdly, demoting management and leaving conn ed and tomo would probably be the worst thing as Tomo and Ed are basically never here (Ed is at Uni like 24/7 and Tomo pretty much works 24/7 too)

Finally, The ban wipe idea is okay and people are saying it didnt make a different when we last did it, but it actually did we had a lot more players come back HOWEVER, this issue we had is that all the staff team were just banning and banning instead of utilising your blacklist command. A player who gets banned is just going to wait it out and come back and minge, but if you blacklist them you keep the player count, and the minges are restricted. Keeping the player count up with about 15 minges with blacklists attracts more normal players to join in comparison to an average player count of 2 a day.

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 4 users Like Dragnort_'s post:
  • Jessixa, Haarek, max., L Y N C H Y
There are only around 10 or so active bans that can expire, the rest are permenant or expired. A ban wipe wont do anything as we have already done it twice. The current active bans arenæt that long and the ones that are probably deserved it. Doing a ban wipe now would literally only bring around 10 or so people, if even. People are only permenantly banned if there is good reason to so it is unlikely that they will be unbanned in the wipe. The longest ban that can expire, expires in December this year.
The following 3 users Like Luna's post:
  • Conn, max., Wolven
Playerbase is fine simple as that. The past few weeks has been quite fine and stable with the EC organizing events & roleplays together. I've been having fun hosting events and working with my fellow EC (& Admins)  to keep the playerbase up as much as possible and seeing old faces of veterans coming to Fearless thanks to Nacreas suggesting them to come back. 

I agree with Caesar on the part of instead of complaining,  you can simply reach out to the EC & ask for help if you have an idea for an roleplay/event and we would gladly give you a hand and help you out as much as we possible.
The following 4 users Like Jessixa's post:
  • Nacreas, Boonan, max., Luminess
FL has issues - nothing is perfect, there’s always something that needs working on. Unpaid people are working on FL in amongst their real lives. We just have to be patient, it is what it is.

I agree FL has seen better days, but we’re not in a desperate situation. If you look closely, there are several new faces emerging in FL. It is the responsibility of everyone to embrace them, take them under your wing, and include them in your role play. If I see a new player, I add them on Steam. That’s what being a community is.

There is no amount of development that can change how the community is. I’m going to use that age old saying of: “treat others how you would like to be treated yourself”. That alone will put FL in good stead and encourage people to play.

Simple things such as these will help, I believe that.

While I have you, I would like to apologise for my inactivity. I’m 23, have a career that requires me to work all sorts of hours, and I’ve just finished a 15 hour shift. Life is busy and I’ve not been able to jump in game when others are on, most of the time when I’m awake there is nobody online, but I’m just passionate about helping out.

One more thing. Shout out to the ECs at the moment working hard to draw people in game and get them active. Smashing work, as always.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 5 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Conn, Boonan, Jessixa, max., Luminess
I didn't read most of this thread because it's boring tldr stuff but what the fuck does Pollox playing tabletop sim at 4/5 in the morning have anything to do with anything? I get that Fearless may need changes etc but fucking hell, he's a volunteer, just like everyone who donates their time to running Fearless. I understand frustrations, and I'm sure that some valid criticism could be addressed but nitpicking at the fact someone is playing a video game is pathetic. Developing for Fearless is NOT a job, they do not get paid a wage. Stop treating it like they do.
Where am I?
End of the day people are doing there part, things will take time so just wait and you'll see changes- join the server and do something with others and I'm sure you'll find something interactive for a few hours (players bring players and before you know it we'll end up with 30+ players again). Everyone here (as stated many times previously on this thread) are volunteers who have other stuff to do especially with exam season coming up I doubt the team will put FL over exams (if you are sort it out lol), so that most likely explains the recent drop in player count.

In terms of the banning thing yes, #free Yamac
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Boonan's post:
  • Equinox, Jessixa, max., Luminess