What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(04-10-2022, 01:03 AM)Awestruck Wrote: Activity has been nice lately. However, It'll be nice to see some of the faces on this thread, on the server.

Yeah been saying the same thing for years, besides it counts for the staff team
(04-10-2022, 09:43 AM)M0x Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 01:03 AM)Awestruck Wrote: Activity has been nice lately. However, It'll be nice to see some of the faces on this thread, on the server.

Yeah been saying the same thing for years, besides it counts for the staff team

Are you saying that there aren’t enough staff in game?

If so, I quite often see anywhere between 3-6 staff members in the server actively responding to @ calls.

May have misunderstood your post?
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 3 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Boonan, Awestruck, Toe Shmicki
good Smile Smile Tounge

be nice to see your face in person x
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Zecon's post:
  • Awestruck
i fink its fucked innit

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Ratatoskrr's post:
  • Vauld
(04-09-2022, 06:55 PM)Link Wrote: -snip-

I think you are too focused on the playercount and growth.

What is important is keeping one server full.

Players need a fixed and improved economy.
That way there is long-term incentive not just to stay on the server; but to play the gamemode

Gamemode needs to be runnable and doesn't crash, it shouldn't have errors, the content should be low - so that new players join fast.

IMO. new players also need to get pushed onto the forums at some point.

It's not rocket science, it's not business school, it's not the davinci code.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • ooc trashtalker, Pillan
(04-15-2022, 10:01 AM)Haarek Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 06:55 PM)Link Wrote: -snip-

I think you are too focused on the playercount and growth.

What is important is keeping one server full.

Players need a fixed and improved economy.
That way there is long-term incentive not just to stay on the server; but to play the gamemode

Gamemode needs to be runnable and doesn't crash, it shouldn't have errors, the content should be low - so that new players join fast.

IMO. new players also need to get pushed onto the forums at some point.

It's not rocket science, it's not business school, it's not the davinci code.

Hey Haarek - unfortunately, I don't quite understand your point. Unless I've completely lost the plot, player count and growth are the objective KPIs here.

If your issue is with the ambitious vision I propose, it's a good way of not getting lazy, creating a shared sense of purpose to work towards (over time), and provides a tool to prioritise changes that will make a large difference. By proxy, any change you make towards a larger objective will achieve smaller ones, such as filling one server.

Moreover, though I agree with some of the specific points you make, which constitute part of the solution to low retention, I feel correct prioritisation is crucial, as if the basics aren't fulfilled, then more advanced changes such as a revamped economy won't have as big of an impact as they could have, and will lead to frustration.

Based on my product design background, I feel there are a couple of things the team could do to help with this.

Firstly, I'd recommend they deeply empathise with the most important target users (I'd argue, completely new players), to understand their problems, goals and desires. This would constitute joining Fearless, or another RP server, with 'fresh eyes', and figuring out exactly what problems are being encountered early on that stop a player from returning.

From my brief analyses, most payers don't even get as far as caring about the economy before they permanently clock out, with the unrealistic economy probably only providing issues to those who have played hundreds or thousands of hours. Though this is a sub group that we eventually would want to please, I feel it's not the largest pool of potential players to target, and that there's likely a wider spread of issues that bother them, compared to brand new players.

After identifying the main problems, I'd recommend they use a 'Now, Wow!, How?' priority matrix to categorise the problems, and address them accordingly.
The following 3 users Like Link's post:
  • Grizzly, Lewwings, DVN
Link, I love you, you know that. But you are focusing on too many things, and you are using too many words.

(04-15-2022, 02:11 PM)Link Wrote: From my brief analyses, most payers don't even get as far as caring about the economy before they permanently clock out

So let's improve the economy so they do? Let's not pretend the economy and making money is not the most central point in most RP. By no means am I implying it is the final solution. But it's a realistic and down-to-earth place to improve.

(04-15-2022, 02:11 PM)Link Wrote: "...then more advanced changes such as a revamped economy won't have as..."
fixing (not revamping) the economy doesn't need to be complicated or a lengthy process. I think that is a big misconception.

(04-15-2022, 02:11 PM)Link Wrote: After identifying the main problems, I'd recommend they use a 'Now, Wow!, How?' priority matrix to categorise the problems, and address them accordingly.
a what?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Link
Close the server, don’t hang on to the little people that are left, it was a good run, a great run if you will, it’s time to let it rest. Let people remember fearless 20 years from now when they start up their computer and see gmod. Fearless is dying even more day after day the longer it’s kept up. It’s time to rest my child.

And don’t be a fucking :nerd: being like “you’re wrong we have 30 people playing “ it’s not what It used to be and it probably never will unless gmod gets a huge boost like Minecraft did back in 2020 or whatever the fuck it was.

Dank over and out
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:76958346&b=1]
(04-16-2022, 07:46 PM)DankNukem Wrote: Close the server, don’t hang on to the little people that are left, it was a good run, a great run if you will, it’s time to let it rest. Let people remember fearless 20 years from now when they start up their computer and see gmod. Fearless is dying even more day after day the longer it’s kept up. It’s time to rest my child.

And don’t be a fucking :nerd: being like “you’re wrong we have 30 people playing “ it’s not what It used to be and it probably never will unless gmod gets a huge boost like Minecraft did back in 2020 or whatever the fuck it was.

Dank over and out

I agree that perhaps the community isn’t as lively as it once was, but that does not mean to say that FL is dead, I disagree with that wholeheartedly.

Every time I join the server, I find new players who are interested in joining the community, I’ve encouraged these people to put our tags on and to join the forum. Just by myself I have managed to recruit 6 new members. Imagine if we all approached new players and welcomed them, we would have too many people!

I have also come across returning members who were pleased to still see FL still around who also ended up joining the forum and wearing FL tags.

To say that FL should shut the server down is a massive over reaction. Simply having people actively participating in game, playing with others will help a lot of our issues. Not all of the issues, but it’s a good place to start.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 2 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Boonan, mintblackbeard