What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(03-19-2022, 10:03 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 01:56 AM)Jan Wrote: We need less discussions and more action. You've gotten plenty of valid suggestions in this thread alone.

Management, you've got the power to change things, use it. Take action.

Doing stuff takes time, as I said elsewhere on this thread we've done the easy part with making a detailed plan and now we're working towards getting stuff done. This discussion doesn't take away from any of that.

The SCP event is also later today, it would be a nice time for people to get on the server. I'm also happy to see other short-term efforts by the team recently which has resulted in a population boost.

Doing stuff takes time?

How long you been SA for now? 

How long has FL being SLOWLY dying for?

How much more time do you want? Its not like this is some big surprise that has occurred, the server has been dying for years, you've HAD time to do shit but just pretended like FL wasn't dying and now here we are.
The following 1 user Likes Jimmy The's post:
  • Nadrickk
(03-21-2022, 12:02 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 10:03 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 01:56 AM)Jan Wrote: We need less discussions and more action. You've gotten plenty of valid suggestions in this thread alone.

Management, you've got the power to change things, use it. Take action.

Doing stuff takes time, as I said elsewhere on this thread we've done the easy part with making a detailed plan and now we're working towards getting stuff done. This discussion doesn't take away from any of that.

The SCP event is also later today, it would be a nice time for people to get on the server. I'm also happy to see other short-term efforts by the team recently which has resulted in a population boost.

Doing stuff takes time?

How long you been SA for now?

How long has FL being SLOWLY dying for?

How much more time do you want? Its not like this is some big surprise that has occurred, the server has been dying for years, you've HAD time to do shit but just pretended like FL wasn't dying and now here we are.

FL was doing well up till around last month, I was especially busy with coursework around the same time so I wasn't able to jump into things again till later.

I think you're forgetting that after myself and Joe got promoted, the server did fine especially after EvoSide launched. We literally had a full server a few weeks ago and we're recovering now. Pop issues are short term not long, not sure why you believe it has been dead for years when anyone who plays knows it hasn't.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Quite some problems and possible solutions are being discussed here and elsewhere, some staff members are stepping up their game which is good to see.

Divey on the other hand is nowhere to be found, not on discord, not on the forums, nowhere. Hell, his last post on the forums was in 2021. One of the reasons the community split happened in 2015 was an owner that didn't care, Divey should be happy some staff members/normal community members are sticking around keeping the ball rolling.

Divey, step up your game or simply resign, change starts at the top.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Idea
(03-26-2022, 06:23 PM)Jan Wrote: Quite some problems and possible solutions are being discussed here and elsewhere, some staff members are stepping up their game which is good to see.

Divey on the other hand is nowhere to be found, not on discord, not on the forums, nowhere. Hell, his last post on the forums was in 2021. One of the reasons the community split happened in 2015 was an owner that didn't care, Divey should be happy some staff members/normal community members are sticking around keeping the ball rolling.

I wouldn't just restrict that to Divey. Most people in Management here are just not meant to be for their positions.
(03-28-2022, 09:56 AM)Idea Wrote: I wouldn't just restrict that to Divey. Most people in Management here are just not meant to be for their positions.

What's your goal with saying such? It doesn't help any to FL´s current situation, and just creates spite between the people that have the power to change things, and those who don't.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Self
(03-28-2022, 09:56 AM)Idea Wrote: I wouldn't just restrict that to Divey. Most people in Management here are just not meant to be for their positions.

Name and shame
Wolven

(03-26-2022, 06:23 PM)Jan Wrote: Quite some problems and possible solutions are being discussed here and elsewhere, some staff members are stepping up their game which is good to see.

What do you want him to say? The same thing myself and other members of staff and management have said several times already? I don't see how that helps at all. He's aware of what is going on, we had a management meeting not too long ago to finalise our plan moving forward and it has been in the works for some time now. There is no quick and easy fix for anything.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-30-2022, 01:08 PM)Pollux Wrote:

What do you want him to say? The same thing myself and other members of staff and management have said several times already? I don't see how that helps at all. He's aware of what is going on, we had a management meeting not too long ago to finalise our plan moving forward and it has been in the works for some time now. There is no quick and easy fix for anything.

That’s all good and fine and I honestly believe it, but I feel seeing activity from the owner right now would be both beneficial and, honestly necessary.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • mintblackbeard
(03-30-2022, 01:08 PM)Pollux Wrote: -snip- There is no quick and easy fix for anything.

Literally false, that's a mindset problem. It's the same as people saying "I don't have time" - yes you do, it's about what you prioritize. There is a ton of quick and easy fixes, you just need to be willing to take drastic or large steps in a better direction.
The following 2 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Lewwings, MasterNoda
first post in god knows how many years so wassup - Not gonna put much effort into this but I'll share my thoughts. I spoke with vauld and nacreas the other night and the first thought that immediately entered my head is: garry's mod is on a slow albeit steady decline in player count, sure thousands play but those thousands more than likely have their gamemodes they want to play, and new players are not coming in as often as what we saw in the early 2010s.

Find a new game that is up and coming and stick to that, or find a game that has new players still coming into it and migrate there, something that does not take a lot of effort to get rolling. For instance a quick idea is Rust, there is like 1 major rp server that monopolizes that game and the community is massive, and rust has tens of thousands of more players concurrently on at all times. all in all, I don't really think many people are interested in "garry's mod roleplay" anymore but hey correct me if I am wrong since I moved on from gmod many years ago.

I know its not easy to just go to a new game, but it's just my 2 cents.
The following 5 users Like yarrrs's post:
  • Vauld, MasterNoda, mintblackbeard, Adamantite, Nacreas