What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
Tomo last logged in 23rd feb this server is done
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
(03-17-2022, 10:20 PM)Cox Wrote: Tomo last logged in 23rd feb this server is done

who?
One thing is for certain and it's that the responsibility to revive the gamemode is not entirely that of the staff. Yes staff activity is an issue, but we the community have a role to play as well.

Each and every player has had fond memories over the years and I'm not a betting man, but I would put money on that nobody wants this server to die out.

How can you help? Step-up and be leaders yourselves:

1. [FL:RP] tags. Promote the community. Show people how smart we are. Years ago nearly all players would be wearing them.
  2. Join the server. No players online? Be a leader and be the first one online.
  3. Place dupes to make the server feel vibrant.
  4. Encourage roleplay with others.
  5. Have a laugh. It's easily done.
Yes the content hasn't changed dramatically and yes there is room for improvement in certain areas such as the economy. Regardless of that, people on the server playing the game will revive the gamemode and it is everyone's responsibility to chip-in with this.

We're at the weekend now which presents us with a great opportunity to populate the server. Let's not waste it.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 8 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Panda, Self, Joe Joe, Jessixa, Boonan, Flame.., Jan, Lesanka
(03-18-2022, 05:36 AM)Nacreas Wrote: One thing is for certain and it's that the responsibility to revive the gamemode is not entirely that of the staff. Yes staff activity is an issue, but we the community have a role to play as well.

Each and every player has had fond memories over the years and I'm not a betting man, but I would put money on that nobody wants this server to die out.

1. [FL:RP] tags. Promote the community. Show people how smart we are. Years ago nearly all players would be wearing them.
Yes the content hasn't changed dramatically and yes there is room for improvement in certain areas such as the economy. Regardless of that, people on the server playing the game will revive the gamemode and it is everyone's responsibility to chip-in with this.

We're at the weekend now which presents us with a great opportunity to populate the server. Let's not waste it.

Remember when wearing the FL:RP tags was a requirement to being promoted? Dumb rule but effective in terms of getting the name to spread.

The low player situation is the real one. And like you said being the first one on is the way to do it. Someone has to make it go from 0 to 1 and then 1 to 5 and so forth. I said that before. And I have also brought up making something that allows players to do something even if there is 5 people online. Creating more jobs similar to what the delivery driver is in terms of being able to play by yourself. Add almost something like little mini games in for jobs so players can do something when its just them. Maybe add something like an order generator that you get money from as a chef. 

Instead of thinking ideas to go from 0 to 40. Find ways to go from 0 to 5 first. Then 5 to 20. And then you are able to focus on big picture.
The following 5 users Like Fultz's post:
  • EAGLE:), Boonan, Self, Jan, mintblackbeard
(03-18-2022, 02:50 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 05:36 AM)Nacreas Wrote: One thing is for certain and it's that the responsibility to revive the gamemode is not entirely that of the staff. Yes staff activity is an issue, but we the community have a role to play as well.

Remember when wearing the FL:RP tags was a requirement to being promoted? Dumb rule but effective in terms of getting the name to spread.

The low player situation is the real one. And like you said being the first one on is the way to do it. Someone has to make it go from 0 to 1 and then 1 to 5 and so forth. I said that before. And I have also brought up making something that allows players to do something even if there is 5 people online. Creating more jobs similar to what the delivery driver is in terms of being able to play by yourself. Add almost something like little mini games in for jobs so players can do something when its just them. Maybe add something like an order generator that you get money from as a chef. 

Instead of thinking ideas to go from 0 to 40. Find ways to go from 0 to 5 first. Then 5 to 20. And then you are able to focus on big picture.

If the admins were online sometimes, that could help. There's more than 5 staff..

Obviously it's not only staff that's the issue, but their inactivity and lack of actions is not contributing to the situation positively
The following 2 users Like Nadrickk's post:
  • Tim, Self
We need less discussions and more action. You've gotten plenty of valid suggestions in this thread alone.

Management, you've got the power to change things, use it. Take action.
The following 3 users Like Jan's post:
  • Lewwings, Nacreas, mintblackbeard
(03-17-2022, 10:20 PM)Cox Wrote: Tomo last logged in 23rd feb this server is done
sex
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Self
(03-19-2022, 01:56 AM)Jan Wrote: We need less discussions and more action. You've gotten plenty of valid suggestions in this thread alone.

Jan is right, something needs to be done. There's been plenty of discussion.

I can understand why the team may want to make decisions carefully because typically the community is quite critical of decisions made by the team. However, time is not on our side. We can't have empty servers. Something needs to be implemented to encourage peole to join the server.

Personally I think something needs to change by at least (and this is optimistic) next weekend, as a timeframe. A short window, but there have been a few good suggestions that are hopefully quick changes.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 1 user Likes Nacreas's post:
  • mintblackbeard
(03-19-2022, 01:56 AM)Jan Wrote: We need less discussions and more action. You've gotten plenty of valid suggestions in this thread alone.

Doing stuff takes time, as I said elsewhere on this thread we've done the easy part with making a detailed plan and now we're working towards getting stuff done. This discussion doesn't take away from any of that.

The SCP event is also later today, it would be a nice time for people to get on the server. I'm also happy to see other short-term efforts by the team recently which has resulted in a population boost.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-15-2022, 10:05 PM)Jan Wrote: Focus much more on the aggresive roleplay: Let's be real, a good old shootout is fun as hell, promote it!
Sure, but it's always been a balance between both of them

Quote:Do everything within your power as staff members to promote the clan world: approach people that once led (or are leading) an influential clan and do anything in your power to get all those people to continue with their (once) succesfull clans. Rename organisations to clans and stop creating unneccecary rules restricting clans wars, instead, promote them! Clan wars mean hype, hype means a lot of folks will hop online to defend what they love. And change the name of organisations to clans again, it's a much easier/well known term.
Clans completely depend on players and the playerbase, if there are no players then no one will play in a clan. Especially if there is only one clan with everyone who is active

Quote:Get rid of the inactive staff members: It's okay to resign after you've lost your motivation completely, it's only normal. What we need in these times is active staff members, staff members that people look up to, staff members that inspire generations to one day become part of the team. Staff members that have influence over the community and its members, yes, a popular staff member is better then someone that never shows his/her face.
This doesn't do anything as they are not active, for example if we demoted Tomo no one will be like "oh let's join now because Tomo is gone!!"

Quote:Bring back teachers/get rid of event coordinators: New folks need a hand, bring back influential people that are willing to teach, explain and host fun events. This can all be done within the same rank, and people should be able to publicly apply for it. Yes, people want something to work for, yes, a promotion is good motivation.
Renaming the rank won't do anything, they already do both. Also public apps were tried and is usually just friend bias

Quote:Revamp the staff system: Why does stuff have to be overly complicated? Bring back trial periods to 2-3 weeks max, this is more then enough time to judge someone. Bring back admin applications publicly. Give people something to work for both in-game and on the forums. Reward good behaviour and promote people with great influence. Also change back the name from management to super admin again, don't make stuff complicated when it doesn't need to be complicated.
No set time period means that they are promoted when they are ready instead of having no time to settle into the rank and learn how to deal with the players. Public apps are friend bias and renaming management doesn't do anything.

Quote:Host community meetings: The community wants to be heard, a post here and there as a reply to certain members isn't enough. Host a (monthly?) meeting on Discord and invite the entire community. An SA can do this and the owner should be involved as much as possible.
We had two and they weren't productive and useless as they don't really help us at all. It's just people ask for x update and doesn't get done because of dev time, then people complain that x update wasn't done

Quote:Expand into differend timezones: We've got many Europeans on here, great. What's better though is that people with differend timezones jump in again though. Promote Americans, promote the folks in Australia that are worthy of a promotion and focus on those timezones aswell. What we want is a server that is populated more then the usual 5-6 hours a day.
Let me press my magic button that expands us into EST

Quote:Reward roleplay: Why is getting roleplay points like rocket science? Hand 'em out! Reward people that create fun scenario's (passive and absolutely aggresive ones aswell). People are much more likely to get motivated if they see that getting an RPP is do-able! That's what the point of them is in the first place.
Roleplay points are given out recklessly, check the rpp page lol
If everyone gets RPPs for nothing, then they will reach the point where there are no rewards and we are in the same situation. You only need around 20RPP to unlock everything. We can't just add infinite items

Quote:Reward your loyal members: Reward the folks keeping the server and community populated! Give them some bonusses in-game and on the forums/Discord.
Most people who are loyal and play already have everything. We need to give existing players more to do by fixing the economy. We need to also focus on the new player experience as it is shite. Starting with 5 chinese and 10k is straight into hardcore mode. I actually did join as a new player once and struggled because you get nothing to start on and the gamemode has a steep learning curve
The following 11 users Like Luna's post:
  • Pollux, Toe Shmicki, Equinox, Self, EAGLE:), Dan, Joe Joe, Slaint, Jessixa, Boonan, Caesar