What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(05-29-2022, 09:35 PM)Tim Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 09:26 PM)Awestruck Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 09:14 PM)Tim Wrote: -snip-

-snip-
Are you customer support now? I'm not sure we'll get through this with how things have been going and how long they've been going on like this. People have lost faith in management and continue to lose faith.

Not at all but, I do want to uphold a standard of courtesy and professionalism. There's no reason for anyone to be hostile with eachother as it makes things far more difficult than it needs to be. Like I mentioned, we understand the issues people have and management, I'm sure, are aware of your position on the matter. All I can say is that we're working on it and sit tight. I will leave it at that though, incase I become a broken record.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Joe Joe, Boonan
The excuse since 2011 has always been exams, anytime anything goes wrong. This was in fact created 3-4 months ago, and no one has exams that far out..

You don't want to release plans, because it'll create too much "hype". But I don't think anyone at this point is hyped. I think the word you're looking for is HOPE, and we all need alot of that currently, don't you agree?
... Because right now, all everyone sees is that Polllux's plan about "waiting till player base comes back" is everything you're doing.
(05-30-2022, 12:02 AM)M0x Wrote: The excuse since 2011 has always been exams, anytime anything goes wrong. This was in fact created 3-4 months ago, and no one has exams that far out..

You don't want to release plans, because it'll create too much "hype". But I don't think anyone at this point is hyped. I think the word you're looking for is HOPE, and we all need alot of that currently, don't you agree?
... Because right now, all everyone sees is that Polllux's plan about "waiting till player base comes back" is everything you're doing.

Perhaps you're right. It's easy to lay blame on the easiest and most convenient reason. However, that is the exact reason right now. Luckily for me, I'm a free man now. However, there's only so much one man can do.

Could you consider 'waiting till the player base comes back' as the last step in the plan? Like I said to Tim, sit tight. You're free to an opinion of course, but it won't make the work go any faster. We all want what's best and we all want to see Fearless thrive again
Kind Regards,

(05-30-2022, 12:30 AM)Awestruck Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 12:02 AM)M0x Wrote: The excuse since 2011 has always been exams, anytime anything goes wrong. This was in fact created 3-4 months ago, and no one has exams that far out..

Perhaps you're right. It's easy to lay blame on the easiest and most convenient reason. However, that is the exact reason right now. Luckily for me, I'm a free man now. However, there's only so much one man can do.

Could you consider 'waiting till the player base comes back' as the last step in the plan? Like I said to Tim, sit tight. You're free to an opinion of course, but it won't make the work go any faster. We all want what's best and we all want to see Fearless thrive again

Wouldnt you call 3-4 months, 29 almost 30 pages of critisism "Sitting tight"? That no transparency or sign of updates, interest or care, makes Pollux's statement the closest to any plan that FL is currently holding onto?
(05-30-2022, 12:58 AM)M0x Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 12:30 AM)Awestruck Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 12:02 AM)M0x Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

Wouldnt you call 3-4 months, 29 almost 30 pages of critisism "Sitting tight"? That no transparency or sign of updates, interest or care, makes Pollux's statement the closest to any plan that FL is currently holding onto?

Not a clue. I haven't been around. Swamped with exams and coursework - I came back around 2-3 weeks ago and it was admittedly, completely stagnant - there was no motivation at all. Lack of care? Who knows. Exams? Maybe a factor. I can't necessarily speak for the others. I'd like to say we've got the ball rolling now and whilst a lot of the team continue to be busy with their lives, we are starting to produce some more work on top of prototypes and plans that were already produced. The way motivation was handled was fundamentally flawed and I would like to say more but, I would likely overstep my position. However, things do seem to be improving.
Kind Regards,

30 pages of promise, 3 months of nothing. It's empty words till proven otherwise, and judging by the speed of your "hyped behind-the-scenes things", you might not have any players to enjoy the content. If it comes. We all remember how it went with the map development. it was "almost done" for a very very long time.
(05-30-2022, 01:29 AM)M0x Wrote: 30 pages of promise, 3 months of nothing. It's empty words till proven otherwise, and judging by the speed of your "hyped behind-the-scenes things", you might not have any players to enjoy the content. If it comes. We all remember how it went with the map development. it was "almost done" for a very very long time.

I appreciate that some posts have had the idea of "promise" behind it, but I've read the majority of this thread and I can't see much promise of anything. 3 months of "nothing" is unacceptable though and I am aware of that, I tried very hard to gauge the current situation as soon as I came back and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disheartened and quite frankly disappointed with the state of the place.

When I say "hype", I mean that you shouldn't expect these updates to just instantly revive the player-base. There will always be that risk and we don't want you to have a high expectation of such, but we will try our best. All I can do is apologise on the team's behalf, for the lack of motivation at least, move on and get some work done.
Kind Regards,

The following 3 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Caesar, Boonan, Joe Joe

This was in fact created 3-4 months ago, just like you said. But this discussion is not a big suggestion for dev team or open roast discussion for management. This is a public discussion about the server's situation. While the majority of talk here was about dev team and management, we should equally talk about playerbase as well. Exams don't last 3-4 months, no. They started recently and I can assure you that right now, majority of FL team members are overpacked with exams while still spend some of the free time to work on FL.

But where have you been before the exams? Where were you during all the events we created for community? Are you going to use the "new guns" excuse for not joining the easter event? Are you going to use the "long loading time" excuse for not joining one of Jessixa's fun events that she spent days working on, only to cancel it the last day? I'm trying to stay as objective as I can be, but I can assure you that Your hatred towards FL management and dev team can not even compare to our disappointment when it comes to cancelling events and players in general. All the hours spent, the discord pings, forums posts... We're thinking of new ways of how to "shove" a notification in your face and easy-access information about events, but all we get is 2-4 people joining the event while others are complaining about new guns and kevlar on forums.

And when it comes to playing outside the "scripted" events... Gamemode is still playable. Gamemode still works. For all I know, this is Garry's mod. All you need is spawnlist, building tools, a microphone, a good idea and you're ready to go. Everything else is just frosting and cherry on top of a cake.

I'm not denying management's fault here or lack of development, I'm just bringing up the other side of FL seesaw required for community to work. Things are being worked on, that I can assure you, so patience is required. But new content is NOT required for server to work, for RP to start.
~ Equinox ~
(05-30-2022, 04:15 PM)god Wrote: Old guns, old map, old staff team = full server    new aggressiveRP, new map, new staff team = dead server for years now

Spoiler :
[Image: bang-dream-bandori.gif]

The following 5 users Like Luna's post:
  • Self, NEMxDman, Wolven, Caesar, Slaint