What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(05-28-2022, 06:57 PM)Grape Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 05:23 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 04:25 PM)Athan Wrote: -

Sadly that's now how steam group announcements work anymore. I'm not sure if this was intentional however when making an announcement it fails to actually send the announcement to all members of the group, meaning the reach of the steam group is  inferior to what we have with Discord

That's a shame I had no idea, thanks for letting me know.

Not anything to do with its settings or a little box to check at all when sending the announcement by any chance?

Steam made it so by default all notifications for groups are off due to how groups used to abuse it, you have to manually go into settings and turn it on to get them (some people never had theirs turn off weirdly, but this seems rare? Wouldn't be surprised if the entire thing is just buggy). This makes steam groups basically useless for reach, which is why we don't really use it. If we remember we do, but it's not important considering there is zero difference in reach from having it on or off (as in, an announcement/thing we do it for has no increase vs something we don't). Discord is by far our most useful and effective platform in terms of reach, nothing else even comes almost as close as a ping does.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
The following 1 user Likes Nadrickk's post:
  • Tim
All talk no action.
The following 1 user Likes Jimmy The's post:
  • Tim
Things are happening, why can't you be patient? people have exams and real life things that are in the way currently, respect that or don't comment it's as simple as that as all you are doing is complaining and it's honestly so boring, the team is doing what they can with the little people that are available at the moment, so stop running your gums and wait.
(05-29-2022, 04:52 PM)Caesar Wrote: Things are happening, why can't you be patient? people have exams and real life things that are in the way currently, respect that or don't comment it's as simple as that as all you are doing is complaining and it's honestly so boring, the team is doing what they can with the little people that are available at the moment, so stop running your gums and wait.

Not sure what world you're on but this thread was made 4 months ago and the server has been going down hill long before then.

How patient do you want people to be? Is your plan for people to have kids and get the loyalists of FL to get their kids to get onto the server to boost the player count up? At this rate of progression, you're working at I wouldn't be suprised.
The following 2 users Like Jimmy The's post:
  • Tim, Caesar
(05-29-2022, 04:52 PM)Caesar Wrote: Things are happening, why can't you be patient? people have exams and real life things that are in the way currently, respect that or don't comment it's as simple as that as all you are doing is complaining and it's honestly so boring, the team is doing what they can with the little people that are available at the moment, so stop running your gums and wait.

You are meant to be an admin here and that’s your reply because people are showing concern and getting impatient that nothing is being changed? 

if things are happening, share some detail give people an idea of what could be expected, to save the server from the disarray it’s in, the players you need to keep joining you are quite frankly just being rude to them which doesn’t help anyone.

interesting to see how management view the way you are speaking down to the wider community.

But hey, I wonder why there is so much concern from everyone around the current staff team, you just don’t help yourself.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Caesar
I have mixed feelings about releasing all the plans at the moment, because it will just create hype. Perhaps that's a good thing, but if we find failure, it could destroy whatever hope is left. Please rest-assured that management are on top of things and development is getting back under way. We want this to work as badly as you guys do and I want to apologise on behalf of the team for the time it's taken however, my apology is slightly overshadowed by the importance of exams and such. I've only just recently finished University myself.

We do understand that you want something new, something to feel like you can work towards again and not see the server empty. When the time comes, it's up to you lot to give us a chance and help us revive the server by hopping on once and a while and maybe then we can find our former glory.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 3 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Joe Joe, Wolven, Boonan
There will probably be no hope left by the time you all finish your 4 month long exams or however long it's been. People have been patient, and people can only be so patient. Development shouldn't be so classified. It also shouldn't take so long to see at least some progress. Which there hasn't been. The fact that there's been no progress and that no one can say what's "being done" makes it sound like nothing is being done. Which is why people have grown impatient and pissed off. You say you don't want to tell people what your working on because you don't want to create hype and then disappoint the players, but you have been by saying stuff's being worked on and then nothing happens because you all are busy. We can't "rest-assured management are on top of things" because you guys can't assure you are even working on anything or what your working on.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tim's post:
  • Nadrickk
(05-29-2022, 09:14 PM)Tim Wrote: There will probably be no hope left by the time you all finish your 4 month long exams or however long it's been. People have been patient, and people can only be so patient. Development shouldn't be so classified. It also shouldn't take so long to see at least some progress. Which there hasn't been. The fact that there's been no progress and that no one can say what's "being done" makes it sound like nothing is being done. Which is why people have grown impatient and pissed off. You say you don't want to tell people what your working on because you don't want to create hype and then disappoint the players, but you have been by saying stuff's being worked on and then nothing happens because you all are busy.

Hi Tim,

I understand your concerns and we are working to alleviate them. I agree with you that development perhaps shouldn't be as classified as it, and hopefully in the coming weeks/months we can look to be a bit more transparent when this blows over. There has in-fact been progress lately as I have personally pushed to get it moving, but I can only do so much pushing when real life situations need to take priority. We are trying to rectify the issues and are working to get some updates out. But, yes, I do understand that people have grown impatient and annoyed. There's only so much that can be done, with the resources we have and that's just a fact you will unfortunately have to live with. Hold tight, we'll get through it I'm sure.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Boonan
(05-29-2022, 09:26 PM)Awestruck Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 09:14 PM)Tim Wrote: There will probably be no hope left by the time you all finish your 4 month long exams or however long it's been. People have been patient, and people can only be so patient. Development shouldn't be so classified. It also shouldn't take so long to see at least some progress. Which there hasn't been. The fact that there's been no progress and that no one can say what's "being done" makes it sound like nothing is being done. Which is why people have grown impatient and pissed off. You say you don't want to tell people what your working on because you don't want to create hype and then disappoint the players, but you have been by saying stuff's being worked on and then nothing happens because you all are busy.

Hi Tim,

I understand your concerns and we are working to alleviate them. I agree with you that development perhaps shouldn't be as classified as it, and hopefully in the coming weeks/months we can look to be a bit more transparent when this blows over. There has in-fact been progress lately as I have personally pushed to get it moving, but I can only do so much pushing when real life situations need to take priority. We are trying to rectify the issues and are working to get some updates out. But, yes, I do understand that people have grown impatient and annoyed. There's only so much that can be done, with the resources we have and that's just a fact you will unfortunately have to live with. Hold tight, we'll get through it I'm sure.
Are you customer support now? I'm not sure we'll get through this with how things have been going and how long they've been going on like this. People have lost faith in management and continue to lose faith.
[Image: TimSig2.png]