What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(05-16-2022, 07:26 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 05:39 PM)Equinox Wrote: "...but will also never join when there's <10 players on to either start the snowball effect with players or to just start a casual RP on the server."

You can't expect people to sacrifice their enjoyment for populating the server.

If you need to have people kickstart the server then there is something fundamentally wrong. The only way to solve it - is to understand and address the underlaying problem.

This "kickstarting the server" mentality is short sighted.
You are basically bucketing water out of a sinking boat - instead of fixing the leak.

This is not even "kickstarting" like you call it. *Eventually* someone would have to join the server, even back in golden days of FL. It's not like the server had constant 40-50 players on, even at 5AM on school day.

At some point, someone had to see 5-6 players on the server and obviously joined because they knew server would be borderline full within next few hours. Nowadays they don't even consider joining if it's below 15, and even then it's new players who randomly found server in server browser.
~ Equinox ~
Over 20 pages of people making the same statements and same arguments. FL is never going to bounce back without change, it's a miracle FL didn't crash sooner considering it's been the same for over 14 years. However at some point all things require change. New content. New everything. Otherwise the server will not get better. Roleplay and hosting events hasn't boosted the activity at all, only on the days those events are held. Roleplay isn't going to and hasn't helped boost the daily activity. Not even kickstarting the server will work. New content and refreshing something that's been the same for a decade and a half will.  Making the same statements and arguments won't change and thing. This thread could be a thousand pages. If FL sees no major change. It's going to stay in the same state or worse.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tim's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
(05-16-2022, 09:12 PM)Equinox Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 05:39 PM)Equinox Wrote: "...but will also never join when there's <10 players on to either start the snowball effect with players or to just start a casual RP on the server."

If you need to have people kickstart the server then there is something fundamentally wrong. The only way to solve it - is to understand and address the underlaying problem.

You are basically bucketing water out of a sinking boat - instead of fixing the leak.

This is not even "kickstarting" like you call it. *Eventually* someone would have to join the server, even back in golden days of FL. It's not like the server had constant 40-50 players on, even at 5AM on school day.

In those days there were regular players that burned for the game mode. It wasn't hard to populate the server when you had hundreds of teens who literally woke up just to play FL.

That's obviously not the case anymore - for several fixable reasons IMO.

(05-16-2022, 09:12 PM)Equinox Wrote: At some point, someone had to see 5-6 players on the server and obviously joined because they knew server would be borderline full within next few hours. Nowadays they don't even consider joining if it's below 15, and even then it's new players who randomly found server in server browser.

Point being that we need to fix the underlaying problem for why this happens. It doesn't help trying to kickstart the population if nobody enjoys the game. I think we both agree on this.

(05-16-2022, 10:09 PM)Tim Wrote: Over 20 pages
True OG´s know it's 5
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.

At some point, someone had to see 5-6 players on the server and obviously joined because they knew server would be borderline full within next few hours. Nowadays they don't even consider joining if it's below 15, and even then it's new players who randomly found server in server browser.

Uh..... FL use to have 40+ 24/7? Second server would drop to 5-10 for a bit during that time, but main would maintain full. Its why there use to be a lot of NA people on.

If you want a hint at what the issue on the server right now is, look at joined dates of the players in this thread. Maybe you can figure it out then.
(05-17-2022, 12:35 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 05:39 PM)Equinox Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
-snip-

Uh..... FL use to have 40+ 24/7? Second server would drop to 5-10 for a bit during that time, but main would maintain full. Its why there use to be a lot of NA people on.

If you want a hint at what the issue on the server right now is, look at joined dates of the players in this thread. Maybe you can figure it out then.

I don't need any hints about the issue nor do I need to figure anything out, I've sadly been experiencing the show *first-row* mode on the server itself unlike the majority of forums keyboard warriors here. I was talking from experience.

Vivid memories, summer 2015. If we ignore second server and talk about main V2D, server's population would drastically drop between 1AM-2AM (CEST+0). Likewise, server's population would start rising again early in the morning, especially on weekends. I have memories of joining the server quite early at 7AM (CEST+0) to be one of the first 10 people, because we *knew* server is going to be popping in next few hours.

People were fighting over who would take president job first, who would buy slums attic first, who would be rebel leader first, ... Things like that don't exist no more. Today if you see 15 players on, you're not thinking about how it's going to hit the ceiling within 60 minutes, you're thinking about how this is weekly record number so far.

Like, sure... if you interpolate those 3-4 hours with NA players every day when majority of EU's population was asleep, you can still call it "full 24/7". But when it comes to 30-40 people gap on daily basis and the crucial information how popular the server was, it makes difference.
~ Equinox ~
I remember when I had to wake up early to secure a spot on FL good times tbf younger me had so many days off school to sit n play FL put on so much weight cause of FL those were the best times pretty sure I dedicated my life for FL when it was like that until I was banned multiple times for months
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Nadrickk
(05-17-2022, 09:46 AM)L Y N C H Y Wrote: I remember when I had to wake up early to secure a spot on FL good times tbf younger me had so many days off school to sit n play FL put on so much weight cause of FL those were the best times pretty sure I dedicated my life for FL when it was like that until I was banned multiple times for months

When i was a lil one, I had too many sickdays just to sit on FL from like 8-9AM and it would still be populated by like 12 people or sum, and from 12:00-00:00 it would be full with ques. Oh the days. When we had proper ownership and serious staff, not busy defending themselves Smile
If only they'd put as much effort as they do in defending themselves into updating an outdated server and gamemode that's been the same for almost a decade and a half maybe we'd get somewhere. I mean at this point there's three options.
1. Update the server and the content that's been the same for 14 years so people can take interest in playing again.
2. Hire people who know what there doing instead of fixing bugs and making microscopic updates.
3. Put the server out of its misery and shut it down instead of watching it suffer.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
The following 2 users Like Tim's post:
  • RoCKy, Lewwings
(05-17-2022, 05:33 PM)Tim Wrote: If only they'd put as much effort as they do in defending themselves into updating an outdated server and gamemode that's been the same for almost a decade and a half maybe we'd get somewhere. I mean at this point there's three options.
1. Update the server and the content that's been the same for 14 years so people can take interest in playing again.
2. Hire people who know what there doing instead of fixing bugs and making microscopic updates.
3. Put the server out of its misery and shut it down instead of watching it suffer.

I think we get it, you find FL boring and want more content. You don't have to post basically the same thing like what, 10 times?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork