What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
I think part of the problem is new player retention and how accessible the server actually is. Its certainly not the community, that's for sure. Whilst other RP communities are growing en masse, Fearless seems to be left behind in the dust cloud other servers are creating. Bear in mind I don't know fearlessRP's history as I'm relatively new, I'm speaking from experience however being within multiple RP communities that both failed and succeeded.

DarkRP has become more popular than it ever has been in the past few years, particularly during the Covid lockdown. Even offshoots of DarkRP are carrying garrys mod and retaining interest in the source engine as a whole. Fearless is in its own category on the server list, and whilst back in the gmod hayday this was a privilege that served it well, Nowadays its no use as the majority of server hoppers aren't going to click on a category that says "2 servers, 10 players" during peak hours. It also has a huge amount of addon packs it needs to download in order to run which is also a common turnoff for garrys mod servers.

You'll only find this server if you go looking for it. I had to join through a friend to even discover this server existed to begin with.

Honestly at this point you have 4 possible methods of reviving Fearless that I can see off the top of my head:
- Putting FearlessRP into a more popular gamemode category such as DarkRP. I understand this was done before to no avail however it worked for multiple dying RP servers, Gaining them a full revive and a huge reserve of donations.
- Running Fearless seasonally rather than 24/7, so players who want to play would be forced to do so simultaneously. Then, during times of low interest, simply close the server until interest peaks. I can't name a community that has done this but I know its been done and worked. The downside is, this requires the community to be dedicated enough to stick around with a server during downtime. Also, of course, user data would have to be stored somewhere then readded upon closure and relaunch, unless you plan on wiping the economy every time, which wouldn't be viable since people here actually buy money.
- Possibly the hardest one of this list, Reaching out to content creators to feature fearless, But they will require some sort of incentive to stick around.

The forth one? The hardest one of all. Fully customising the game mode, from its jobs and gameplay to its character customisation and its weapon system, and virtually every aspect inbetween to be a completely unique experience you can't find elsewhere, whilst at the same time, being very modernised and optimised. Focus the gamemode around realism? Make it feel so. Customise all the player models and make them unique, add progression systems, add incentive to be someone other than a GTA NPC. Make it so you can't get a similar experience anywhere else. At this point, your competition is peaking at 60-100 players on a school and work night. A complete change of game style would peak interest of new players and experienced ones who got bored and left to return alike.

Honestly, The community here is great and the developers are dropping some decent stuff, The new map makes the old map look like complete doodoofart and the attention to detail on it is immaculate. If the developers here can make a whole map which is really good, and if they can also fix 10 year old Lua bugs, they can make anything.
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006
The following 4 users Like B33n's post:
  • MasterNoda, Self, Lewwings, Boonan
(02-16-2022, 07:34 PM)Goat Wrote: .    e .        ?
While there are ups and downs throughout the year, there's a clear trend and I don't know if it can be reversed or if its even worth attempting with the CityRp Server. S&box isn't massively far away now and it could be worth looking into trying to move Fearless to that. Of course there would need to be a lot of work on the development side.
bring me back to the staff team and ill sort it no cap
[Image: f8f0ed93936736f2ae4c735f1edc05ed.png]
(02-16-2022, 08:31 PM)TonettaFan #2319 Wrote: The way I see it, FL has 2 phases that it goes through at least once a year. The 2 phases in mind are the dead and alive phases, with both phases having no limits in terms of how long each phase lasts. Alive phase kicks in whenever something major happens, with the exception of anything major that is seen in a negative light at times. Then after some time, and if nothing major happens, the dead phase kicks though it should be noted that it's possible for this phase to remain permanent.

This ain't the first nor will this be the last time it'll go through a dead phase. Just a matter of praying to god that this isn't the permanent one.

IDK to be honest with ya, we'll just have to wait and see.

So many words, such little meaning.
The following 1 user Likes Apexius Keksius's post:
  • Nuka
(02-21-2022, 10:56 PM)Apexius Keksius Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 08:31 PM)TonettaFan #2319 Wrote: The way I see it, FL has 2 phases that it goes through at least once a year. The 2 phases in mind are the dead and alive phases, with both phases having no limits in terms of how long each phase lasts. Alive phase kicks in whenever something major happens, with the exception of anything major that is seen in a negative light at times. Then after some time, and if nothing major happens, the dead phase kicks though it should be noted that it's possible for this phase to remain permanent.

This ain't the first nor will this be the last time it'll go through a dead phase. Just a matter of praying to god that this isn't the permanent one.

IDK to be honest with ya, we'll just have to wait and see.

So many words, such little meaning.
Well that's one way of putting it lol.
[Image: q5Y1C8n.png]
Just a guy who stumbles across the internet and shares his findings. Carry on.
Was I able to help you out? Feel free to give me a rep point here!
The following 1 user Likes TonettaFan #2319's post:
  • -DanTheMan-
(02-21-2022, 01:09 AM)mintblackbeard Wrote: While there are ups and downs throughout the year, there's a clear trend and I don't know if it can be reversed or if its even worth attempting with the CityRp Server. S&box isn't massively far away now and it could be worth looking into trying to move Fearless to that. Of course there would need to be a lot of work on the development side.

S&box sucks for any RP or community based gamemode, it isn't something we will be considering unless there are major changes to the game (which is very unlikely) as it won't work well and we'd rather focus on other things. Gmod isn't exactly dying either so we don't see much reason to rush off the game.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Dogshit staff team that got no idea what they're doing which is why FL averages less than FIVE people a day lmao.

The community stated what they wanted, PolluxRP didn't give two fucks and did PolluxRP. Seems people don't really like PolluxRP lmao.

Enjoy playing with your mannequin props when there is 3 of you online as that's the most its ever going to acquire unless you get rid of the morons.
For a successful server you need:

- Low download time
- Good visibility in popular scoreboards

- Player retention; which means:
- Good performance
- Engaging server mechanics
- No missing content

I have been saying this for years now..
but I think FL has some work to do in these areas.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 4 users Like Haarek's post:
  • -DanTheMan-, Kappatalist, Self, BlueBlitz22
Bringing back the old staff team won't change anything. Constant new content won't change anything. New maps won't change anything.

The team needs to go back to basics.

How do we get new people on the server and how do we get them to stay.

As others have mentioned, FL on the server list simply isn't compelling enough so that's something that needs looking into asap.

FL does no form of marketing (of what I'm aware). Look at the GTA RP servers using TikTok and other platforms to prospect to new potential players.

What is the player experience like from 0-10 hours on average. What are they able to do. What do they get?

How do we move 'players' on the server to 'community members' with a vested interest? Are there any incentives to join discord, the forums etc.
The following 10 users Like DVN's post:
  • Luminess, -DanTheMan-, Wolven, Slaint, Ausverkauft, Self, Haarek, Lewwings, Dragnort_, Kappatalist