Moving to the “DarkRP” section of the gmod menu.
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Moving to the “DarkRP” section of the gmod menu.

Description
DarkRP is currently the most popular game mode on garrys mod. Virtually every server that’s open that comes up on the menu is chock full of players. Moving to the DarkRP section of the game mode menu saved countless RP communities, from PERP communities to SCP RP and militaryRP communities, appearing in the DarkRP section means the server would be far more accessible.

This could be implemented in 2 different ways:
- Permanently moving the server over to the DarkRP section.
- Temporarily moving it over during periods of low player count as to add a new influx of users to the community.

To address the elephant in the room, being “this means the server will be full of minges with NITRP”, With an influx of new players all coming in you could justify banning these disruptive players for considerable lengths of time as it won’t impact the playercount. This is in my opinion an issue here, experienced players are doing things that would get you several month long bans on other servers because the punishments are so mundane and short that there’s essentially no reason for them really not to break the rules.

Overall moving to the DarkRP section has been, in my eyes, proven to work for RP communities. Custom game mode titles are going the way of the dinosaur and few people click on them.

In the event of this not working, it could simply be moved back. By keeping developer servers under this section, the game mode menu would still appear on the server browser.

Why?
I’ve seen at least 2 dying RP communities literally save their server just simply by doing this. When they were in their own sections, much like fearless currently is, Another server I shan’t name due to me not wanting to advertise it peaked at 30 players during an annual event 1 year after the previous one filled the server. Both communities now peak at 70 and 110 players regularly. And is there an influx of mingy behaviour there? Well, no believe it or not. Of course you’ll get your trolls like “the racist guy with a TF2 profile picture” and “punch the first person you see in spawn to death” guy but the majority of new players on these communities come and play normally, and often, return regularly. 

Also, these users do in fact purchase vip subscriptions and benefits.
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006
The following 1 user Likes B33n's post:
  • Marve Fleksnes
we tried that and that didn't really work
(01-25-2022, 07:43 AM)EAGLE:) Wrote: we tried that and that didn't really work
^^
[Image: q5Y1C8n.png]
Just a guy who stumbles across the internet and shares his findings. Carry on.
Was I able to help you out? Feel free to give me a rep point here!
-support We did try it, and it didnt work out. In my opinion the playerbase just isnt quite the same anyways
-support
no

doesn't work and you have to deal with weird darkrp things like having f4 open the F1 menu
The following 1 user Likes Luna's post:
  • Jakey
We're less visible in the DarkRP section than our current, there's thousands of servers within DarkRP and that's ignoring the fact that we're not even DarkRP in the first place. You basically don't even show up in the section under 50 players. While sure maybe some servers have magically found success, I doubt it's ever due to the move alone and I can think of a few examples that have failed or done worse by moving into DarkRP. The server list is also meant to be sorted by what gamemode you are, I hate the mess the DarkRP category has become and I don't really want any part of it unless we really have to.

The previous move we did into DarkRP was something I was personally extremely against and ended up harming us more than helping, this isn't something I'm willing to support again especially considering we're hardly that desperate. While our player count may be unstable, we still do get a decent amount of players on most days and this is something we can improve without having to go straight to drastic measures. If the situation gets worse as it did a few months ago then sure we'll look into measures like this, but not right now.

I'm going to decline this as it's a move that'll be decided by us (management & development) if we ever have to alongside other potential measures. It isn't really appropriate for a community vote due to the risk involved.

Declined
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork