Changes to rule 7.1
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Rule 7.1

Description
Quote:7.1 You can't commit crimes in public and you must have a valid roleplay reason (you can rob a store in public if deemed safe to do so). Public locations are the city, Metro stations and Connectivity road.
Two locations mentioned in rule 7.1 (highlighted in the quote above) do not exist on the current map. That rule should be updated.

The paragraph above is not the actual reason why I am writing this suggestion though. I actually want to suggest that you update the map on the forum to allow users to see all important locations (tradesman, weed dealer, delivery men, etc.) and the city lines.

Why?
The first part of my suggestion, adding important locations to the map is self-explanatory; New users might have a hard time finding the NPCs they need or just waste unnecessary time looking for them. If they do not want to search all over the map for them, they should not be forced to and should have the possibility to look them up on the forum. 

The second part is because of an incident I had with Dan a couple of days ago. Rule 7.1 states that crimes can not be committed in the city, but there is no way to see where the city actually ends. Naturally, driving through the tunnels is a clear sign that you have left the city. But entering Hillview Road, it is less obvious whether or not you have left the city or not. 
I thought I did leave the city once, so I committed a crime. Dan, who saw and started a sit with me, then explained to me that most staff consider Hillview Road as a part of the city, so you can not commit crimes there. I explained to him that I did not know and he was understanding. By just marking the city lines in the map on the forum, users would be able to see it themselves without getting in the same situation as me.
The map could really get updated with additional info, similar to EvoCity map. Nevertheless, a reminder that /help still exists and people do use it, or they just ask the questions in OOC.

Regarding the dispute about public area... If you're doing casual crime like tasteless Gun & Mug for 500$ or stealing a random car just to blackmail the owner, then obviously those rules apply in more "serious" matter. On the other hand, if you have proper RP setup with some story (like an illegal gambling circle, hacking HQ, money laundering scheme, ...), then I believe those can be set up right next to the main street if you want, and it's still technically "crime".

If you can get creative and original enough, it's roleplay over ruleplay, as long as you stick to other rules in healthy manners.
~ Equinox ~
+support
[Image: U1UedhK.png]
I see this as a complete oversight more than anything, It should definitely be fixed as these places do not exist anymore!
The following 1 user Likes B33n's post:
  • Idea
(01-23-2022, 07:54 PM)B33n Wrote: I see this as a complete oversight more than anything, It should definitely be fixed as these places do not exist anymore!
It has always been an issue to see that FL does not update maps, rules, etc. after major changes, but taking so long after having it addressed is kind of annoying to see.
+support
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
A full rework of the rules is already in progress and the rule mentioned here has already changed significantly, making this suggestion redundant.

Closed.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork