Reimplement the Tow System
Title of Suggestion: Reimplement the Tow System

Description
As I'm sure anyone who has tried to tow a vehicle is aware, the current way of towing vehicles is shit. You can't tow vehicles unless the ass of your car is literally touching the car, and any weird angles cause it to not work. Even worse, whenever it does decide to attach, 90% of the time you get killed by the vehicle as is spasses out and sideswipes you. The current system just puts a solid rope constraint between your vehicle and the towing one, and that's one of the worst ways to do it.

Why?
This is very similar to the system used on Limelight, which had a far better way of handling towing.

The new system replicates how a tow truck should actually function, whereby you put the front (or back, tow orientation should not matter so long as either end is facing the tow hook), and /tow creates a winch constraint between your vehicle and the one being towed. You can then control the winch constraint so that you can slowly move and raise the vehicle so that the front wheels are off the ground, thereby allowing it to be towed. This almost completely eradicates the problems of being CDMed by a vehicle whenever you're trying to tow it or having to do some stupid maneuvers just to have your back perfectly aligned with the front of the vehicle to be towed, whilst also adding a lot of realism to the process of towing. Another benefit with having a winch constraint is that vehicles act more realistically whilst being towed and thus won't be flung about and smashed around nearly as much during towing.

This is an idea which can even be built upon; you could have it so that you can either operate the winch manually, or have it automatically pull up or lower down a car being towed, and is just a heck of a lot more flexible than a solid rope which causes vehicles to spas and kill almost constantly. Why such an idea hasn't been suggested or implemented before is beyond me; it's a no-brainer as far as I can see.

Edit: I agree with Siphon: the best case scenario for a new tow truck system is that we could have something along these lines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYYWW7V25Ok

Although it's slightly advanced, it's a huge step up from current towing of vehicles, and could add a lot to mechanic roleplay.
[Image: Fearless-Bunkerman.png]

Endorsements
Lewwings: "Bunkerman is just pure chaotic energy"
Daniel: "Don't be such a minge"

Rest in peace, Alessi Organisation ;(

The following 1 user Likes The Bunkerman's post:
  • -DanTheMan-
+/-support

There are better tow truck systems out there, but not sure if they can be implemented on FL. It took ages to get a tow system in the first place, so those more realistic systems were thought of before but couldn't really be done on FL. 

I always liked this tow truck system and would love something like that on the server. 
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(11-13-2021, 04:35 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: +/-support

There are better tow truck systems out there, but not sure if they can be implemented on FL. It took ages to get a tow system in the first place, so those more realistic systems were thought of before but couldn't really be done on FL. 

I always liked this tow truck system and would love something like that on the server. 
<snip>

I will agree, that is a far nicer and better way of handling towing, however I'm not even sure if the devs would be up to doing that kind of work for what is essentially a tiny part of overall roleplay. Something similar shouldn't be that hard to implement, though; the difficulty mostly arises from abuse prevention and making sure it doesn't break.
+support
Tired of typing /tow and then fearing for my life as a Tesla model x comes flying in my direction
[Image: U1UedhK.png]
+Support, those flying cars are always scary
~ Equinox ~
+Support
[Image: M78Bstx.png]
+Support
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
+Support, I dont want to play a horror game where my life is on the line
+support for a new system or improvements made on the current one making it safer and easier to attatch the vehicles
Definitely a +Support from me. The current tow system is very limited. e.g. only towing from the front, etc.
Sometimes you need to reposition the car somehow before you could actually tow it away. And this even prevents from role-playing the Mechanic properly, as he is normally the one who needs to be called whenever a car needs to get removed from an accident or an empty tank.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:50472351&b=13]
Did I manage to help you? Consider a +rep for me!
"I really never was on your side" -TF2 Spy