Undercover Police Actually Undercover
+Support, I dont understand why people are -supporting this the staff team can't see if people are pressing tab for a second to see if they are metagaming the only way to find out is if someone goes "oh my god your undercover I saw on the scoreboard!!!!" it won't cause any issues having this in place, I've been undercover alot before and there isn't much you can to do to avoid metagaming, from my experience I get in trouble when changing my job name to something like Unemployed or Criminal to attempt to stop metagaming a little bit so allowing undercover units to be hidden (shown as unemployed) on the scoreboard would be great.

(11-01-2021, 10:41 PM)Equinox Wrote: -Support, Metagaming

Scoreboard is not the problem, it's how they act and dress. From my experience you can always point out undercover officers, just by looking at how they dress, what car they drive and how they act & talk.

The only upgrade that can be done is allowing them to use "Unemployed" clothing. Other than that, it's up to the character.
the scoreboard is quite clearly the problem, just drive a car that isn't a police car and I don't know what you mean by how they act and I don't talk like a police officer when I'm undercover, I dont try to stay hidden otherwise that gives it away I just act normally and what way are we meant to dress? we can't wear civilians uniforms so what are we meant to do about that one?
(11-02-2021, 12:47 PM)Slaint Wrote: +Support, I dont understand why people are -supporting this the staff team can't see if people are pressing tab for a second to see if they are metagaming the only way to find out is if someone goes "oh my god your undercover I saw on the scoreboard!!!!" it won't cause any issues having this in place, I've been undercover alot before and there isn't much you can to do to avoid metagaming, from my experience I get in trouble when changing my job name to something like Unemployed or Criminal to attempt to stop metagaming a little bit so allowing undercover units to be hidden (shown as unemployed) on the scoreboard would be great.

(11-01-2021, 10:41 PM)Equinox Wrote: -Support, Metagaming

Scoreboard is not the problem, it's how they act and dress. From my experience you can always point out undercover officers, just by looking at how they dress, what car they drive and how they act & talk.

The only upgrade that can be done is allowing them to use "Unemployed" clothing. Other than that, it's up to the character.
the scoreboard is quite clearly the problem, just drive a car that isn't a police car and I don't know what you mean by how they act and I don't talk like a police officer when I'm undercover, I dont try to stay hidden otherwise that gives it away I just act normally and what way are we meant to dress? we can't wear civilians uniforms so what are we meant to do about that one?

Please read what I said again, this time slowly
~ Equinox ~
+ Support

As an ex-minge, yeah this is exactly how it goes. If someone messages you looking for stuff, you will go looking into the scoreboard to check if they are a genuine criminal or an undercover cop. It's just so convenient and literally impossible to detect and punish unless someone is ridiculously obvious and stupid about it.
Course, I don't metagame anymore, but I used to a hell of a lot, just purely out of convenience and habit.
[Image: Fearless-Bunkerman.png]

Endorsements
Lewwings: "Bunkerman is just pure chaotic energy"
Daniel: "Don't be such a minge"

Rest in peace, Alessi Organisation ;(

+Support

Although as many others have said the Scoreboard is always OOC, its literally impossible like Haarek said to punish those who do it, people will check the Scoreboard when doing illegal activities or inviting players into a base with possible contra inside to avoid RP with the person who is undercover, which can be annoying as it defeats the entire purpose of the undercover feature and there is (from my own knowledge) no way to punish those who do it apart from the obvious ones where they deliberately say they've metagamed through the Scoreboard.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
+Support

People will inevitably metagame. It's extremely hard to prove someone has done so as a staff member too.

A fantastic idea to set UC police as unemployed.
+support.
Literally almost everyone does metagame when it comes to undercover officers. The UC officers usually don’t even have a chance to roleplay out their scenarios.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
+support

As said many times, metagaming is difficult to prevent, because it can be done with such little effort, such as looking at the scoreboard.
[Image: J1tTrLS.png]
Didn't they use to become "unemployed"?
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
Wasn’t there a command a few years ago where a staff member could change the colour of the players name (job colour) 

Anyways +support
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
(11-10-2021, 10:47 AM)Panda Wrote: Wasn’t there a command a few years ago where a staff member could change the colour of the players name (job colour) 

Anyways +support

Staff can still do that but it would be better to have it done automatically