Vehicle Sounds Fixes/tweaks
Title of Suggestion: Vehicle Sounds Fixes/tweaks

Description
Small changes to certain vehicle sounds

Why?
A few vehicles in the game lack sounds whilst driving, this includes the Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Ford Raptor, Nissan Skyline GTR R32 and potentially a few others although I'm only aware of those stated prior, I believe having the appropriate vehicle sounds despite being somewhat of a small change will fill in the missing gap and fulfil the driving experience you'd expect to hear going 115mph with a V12 engine down Connectivity after a run-in with the Rozzers, as it's quite bizarre having no sounds in the first place. (I'm aware Frost made a pack on the Steam Workshop to fix these issues however it only resolved one to my knowledge- the SWAT Van- which is why I'm posting this here after contemplating putting it as a 'bug report' as part of this suggestion isn't classified as a 'bug report').

Similarly to the vehicles stated previously, cars such as the Ferrari 250GT and the Rolls Royce Ghost have the same engine sound- I thought it would be fitting to highlight these vehicles to a sound change if the suggestion was to be approved due to them having the default HL2 Jeep engine sound and was hoping they could be changed similarly to how the BMW and Chrysler 300C recently received a sound change, which was positively received by the community, in which I firmly believe a change to all the vehicles stated thus far will have the same positive outcome amongst FL.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The BMW was fixed because the sounds were already in content, I couldn't find any others which already have working sounds which is why I didn't do any others. There might be more, just a lot of them do have sound files that are intentionally empty. The sounds aren't missing on accident, they were removed intentionally to save content size on vehicles added ages ago (FL used to have a rule about content size being below like 500mb). It would probably be useful if someone can make a list of all cars that are missing sounds.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(10-30-2021, 01:51 AM)Boonan Wrote: Title of Suggestion: Vehicle Sounds Fixes/tweaks

Description
Small changes to certain vehicle sounds

Why?
A few vehicles in the game lack sounds whilst driving, this includes the Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Ford Raptor, Nissan Skyline GTR R32 and potentially a few others although I'm only aware of those stated prior, I believe having the appropriate vehicle sounds despite being somewhat of a small change will fill in the missing gap and fulfil the driving experience you'd expect to hear going 115mph with a V12 engine down Connectivity after a run-in with the Rozzers, as it's quite bizarre having no sounds in the first place. (I'm aware Frost made a pack on the Steam Workshop to fix these issues however it only resolved one to my knowledge- the SWAT Van- which is why I'm posting this here after contemplating putting it as a 'bug report' as part of this suggestion isn't classified as a 'bug report').

Similarly to the vehicles stated previously, cars such as the Ferrari 250GT and the Rolls Royce Ghost have the same engine sound- I thought it would be fitting to highlight these vehicles to a sound change if the suggestion was to be approved due to them having the default HL2 Jeep engine sound and was hoping they could be changed similarly to how the BMW and Chrysler 300C recently received a sound change, which was positively received by the community, in which I firmly believe a change to all the vehicles stated thus far will have the same positive outcome amongst FL.

I do actually have a full clone of the TDM SVN to-hand, so I can investigate what sounds are missing and source them.

The only potential issue is that apparently the creator of the TDM vehicles doesn't want the SVN content distributed anywhere (a file in the root dir says as much), but considering there's pretty much every vehicle either officially or unofficially on the Workshop, we could probably gloss over this for all intents and purposes.

[Image: image.png]

As for other non-TDM vehicles (such as LW Cars or any other misc. vehicles), someone would probably have to extract the Workshop addon to get the sounds out. Not a hard task, just a pain to do with more vehicles.

Edit: Incidentally, the entirety of the TDM vehicle sounds totals ~350MB, so it might be worth just adding them all, since 350MB isn't a whole lot of space nowadays. This would also make management much easier, as all the necessary sounds for the vehicles would already be there, though would sacrifice a little on space.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: Fearless-Bunkerman.png]

Endorsements
Lewwings: "Bunkerman is just pure chaotic energy"
Daniel: "Don't be such a minge"

Rest in peace, Alessi Organisation ;(

The following 2 users Like The Bunkerman's post:
  • ART, Boonan
Source of sounds isn't an issue, takes just a second to download the original from the workshop and extract the sound. We just don't know what cars have sounds and what don't as it's a pretty random mix. If people could say what cars are missing sounds I'll look into adding them.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-05-2021, 11:09 AM)Pollux Wrote: Source of sounds isn't an issue, takes just a second to download the original from the workshop and extract the sound. We just don't know what cars have sounds and what don't as it's a pretty random mix. If people could say what cars are missing sounds I'll look into adding them.

After a while I've finally found out what vehicles (for me) have no sound effects and those which have the default HL2 Jeep sound:

Vehicles:
Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - default sound (HL2 Jeep)
SmartForTwo - default sound (HL2 Jeep)
Ford Transit - No sound
Nissan Leaf - No sound
Ford Deluxe Coupe - default sound (HL2 Jeep)
Ford Raptor - No Sound
Volvo S60R - No Sound
Nissan Skyline GTR R32 - No Sound
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR - No Sound
Audi RS4 Avant - default sound (HL2 Jeep)
Aston V12 Vantage - No Sound
Range Rover 08 - default sound (HL2 Jeep)
Mercedes-Benz G65 - default sound (HL2 Jeep)
Porsche 918 Spyder - No Sound
Ferrari 250GT - default sound (HL2 Jeep)
Rolls Royce Ghost - default sound (HL2 Jeep)

Trucks and Trailers
Volvo FH16 2012 6x2 - No Sound
Scania 2009 4x2 - No Sound
Tides Truck - default sound (HL2 Jeep)
Tow Truck - No Sound

Public Transportation
Cabbie - Default Sound (HL2 Jeep) 

Government Vehicles
Fire Engine - Default sound (HL2 Jeep)

(Edit - Added Ferrari 250GT & Rolls Royce Ghost) 
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 9 users Like Boonan's post:
  • Toe Shmicki, TheSiphon, Xesus, Equinox, -DanTheMan-, Pollux, max., Idea, Knightley
Approved.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork