cars remove after 2mins of D/C
Title of Suggestion: cars remove after 2mins of D/C

Description
Cars remove after 2mins of D/C

Why?
to stop people from reconnect to get their car back
[Image: zypxjb7.jpg]
Being fair, the two minutes would be up by the time they even finish connecting again. There's better ways to solve this imo (such as cooldown per car when you spawn them in and cooldown to park), none that we can really do on the current gamemode though unfortunately. I don't like the idea of cars staying after someone disconnects as it's gonna lead to problems where cars are just abandoned on the roads and you can't even warrant them to move it.

-support
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
+Support but make it 5 minutes instead of 2
Maybe we could make it so cars do remove when you disconnect, but when you spawn them in again within 5 minutes of reconnecting (and only then), it spawns the car at the old position it was in. Otherwise, it should spawn normally next to you.

+Support
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 6 users Like gin's post:
  • Dan, Sp33dx, Equinox, NEMxDman, Haarek, Marty
+Support
[Image: TglJDob.png]
(10-23-2021, 09:30 AM)Kingstone Wrote: Maybe we could make it so cars do remove when you disconnect, but when you spawn them in again within 5 minutes of reconnecting (and only then), it spawns the car at the old position it was in. Otherwise, it should spawn normally next to you.

+Support
just don't make the cars get removed untill like 3 mins after disconnecting
+Support

Quote:I don't like the idea of cars staying after someone disconnects as it's gonna lead to problems where cars are just abandoned on the roads and you can't even warrant them to move it.

Could make it so police just hits it with a ram and it gets removed, dunno
~ Equinox ~
(10-23-2021, 03:03 PM)Equinox Wrote: +Support

Quote:I don't like the idea of cars staying after someone disconnects as it's gonna lead to problems where cars are just abandoned on the roads and you can't even warrant them to move it.

Could make it so police just hits it with a ram and it gets removed, dunno

Or just don't have them stay after someone disconnects as there's no reason to keep them there. There's not even always cops on nowadays. It's going to be annoying when someone disconnects while driving and their car just stays in the middle of the road.

The only way I see this working is instead we add some sort of cooldown to spawning a car again if you rejoin within x time. We can't keep it spawned in after they disconnect, it brings up too many issues.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
It could also be the other way around.
Some sort of penalty, when people don't get their cars parked. Maybe a 5 minute delay to be able to spawn cars when, in the previous session, the car did not get parked regularly.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:50472351&b=13]
Did I manage to help you? Consider a +rep for me!
"I really never was on your side" -TF2 Spy
The following 1 user Likes Megamezzomixer's post:
  • Pollux
(10-22-2021, 08:30 PM)JohnSilver Wrote: Title of Suggestion: cars remove after 2mins of D/C

Description
Cars remove after 2mins of D/C

Why?
to stop people from reconnect to get their car back

Whoever takes longer than 2 minutes to reconnect to FL needs some serious hardware help.

I thought cars auto deleted after a while anyway

-Removed by Steven8ken