breach rework
+Support

I think reducing the cooldown would be a nice update as it takes forever to break into a base when you are for example raiding someone as a police officer.

Pollux if the cooldown is reduced it could simply be balanced by increasing the marketprice of them. I don't remember how much they go for right now ($2500?) but you could probably add another $1000-$1500 or so to the market price.
[Image: TglJDob.png]
+support shorter cooldown
-support player damage
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(10-05-2021, 11:08 PM)Ranger Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 10:34 PM)Slaint Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 10:28 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 10:25 PM)Slaint Wrote: +Support

It's stupid that breaches don't do damage it's like throwing a semtex and not getting hurt at all, and the cooldown shouldn't be removed but reduced to 10-20seconds

Pollux how is it stupid for breaches to do damage, its unrealistic that they don't do any

They're not meant to be used like C4, they're only an item used to break doors and were later extended to props. Breaches are extremely cheap because of that.
They aren't C4 of course however it is very unrealistic to be able to stand right next to it and have it explode with no damage done, I dont think it should do too much damage and have that big of a explosion zone but it should definitely do damage

If it goes through, everybody will be asking for a revert within days. Think about how much molotovs are used to minge, it'll just be 1000x worse. It's not about realism in a SEMI-serious RP GAME mode, it's about reducing the amount mingery that can go on so people can actually RP.

-support
Yes it is a Semi-Serious game mode however it is a explosion, it should hurt you. I personally think it should do 25dmg with kevlar and 50 without
(10-06-2021, 08:07 AM)Toe Shmicki Wrote: +Support

I think reducing the cooldown would be a nice update as it takes forever to break into a base when you are for example raiding someone as a police officer.

Pollux if the cooldown is reduced it could simply be balanced by increasing the marketprice of them. I don't remember how much they go for right now ($2500?) but you could probably add another $1000-$1500 or so to the market price.

Yeah but this just benefits people who already have a ton of them in their inventory (I'm one of those people too). The current cooldown is fine and it provides a nice pace to raids, molotovs are quicker because they're really expensive compared to breaches and they also have the downside of starting a fire (which makes oxygen a pain in small areas if you don't have a gas mask).

Breaches are cheap but take a while, molotovs are expensive but are quicker. It may be annoying but it is balanced as it is right now.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
+ Support, I think the time is way too long

Not sure about damage though but I mean Molotov's can burn through an inch thick steel wall so- bit of a tricky one on that part
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
+Support to the whole thing.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

+Support

If you were to stand infront or behind a surface that is being breached you are getting injured one way or another.

I saw that some people werent a fan of the idea of breaches causing player damage. Why not nerf the price of breaches? Or nerf molotovs and make the breaches a schematic similar to the molotov
hello

+support to a shorter cooldown
-support to the damage. 50dmg / 100 dmg would be quite much imo
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
Under Review
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
We've discussed this suggestion. We have decided to decline this suggestion after a majority of the development team voted no with community votes being mixed. The following was brought up in our discussion:
  • Breaches are currently balanced, if anything they're better than Molotovs in a lot of ways.
  • This would make Molotovs really useless
  • Breaches doing damage will make them be used as C4, which isn't their intention and will lead to issues.

Suggestion Declined
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork