Rebalance Mechanics
Title of Suggestion: Rebalance Mechanics

Description
The differences between the mechanic and the repair boxes are stark, and when it comes to repairs (half the job of the mechanic), they're made completely useless by a few key things.

Why?
The repair boxes at the BPs are stupidly cheap and quick. To fully repair my car from totalled to driveable, it takes 30 seconds, and ~$1500 to do.
If I asked for a mechanic to do my repair, they literally have to sit there for an entire two minutes completely uninterrupted just to repair a vehicle's engine, and if they so much as flinch then the entire process has to be done again, and the price would come to around $700. That's an increase of 1 mins 30 seconds just to save a piss-all $800.

Now call me Mister Old-fashioned, but that doesn't exactly promote the usage of mechanics and roleplay, does it?

This all seems to have been an issue ever since the server caught fire, so perhaps when we rolled back certain configurations weren't setup, however this has been a problem in the making for a while now. Mechanics when it comes to repairs are completely useless, and considering that repairs is kind of half the mechanic's job, it just makes it nearly pointless to roleplay as one.

Really, it should be repair boxes that take 2 minutes to repair and mechanics take 30 seconds, not the other way around. That would at least make it viable to do a mechanic roleplay without wanting to rip my brains out.
[Image: Fearless-Bunkerman.png]

Endorsements
Lewwings: "Bunkerman is just pure chaotic energy"
Daniel: "Don't be such a minge"

Rest in peace, Alessi Organisation ;(

The following 2 users Like The Bunkerman's post:
  • Megamezzomixer, Vsync
I agree on this.
Currently there is no need to play as a mechanic, as the repairing process just takes too long.
Decent Mechanic RP is not improved by adding more length to the actual repairing process.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:50472351&b=13]
Did I manage to help you? Consider a +rep for me!
"I really never was on your side" -TF2 Spy
+supp
+Support

100% agree with what has been said, mechanicrp if done well can be really good. Would love to see more chances to roleplay as one.

-V
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
This is a bug as we lost VCmod settings.

Declined due to it being a bug, I'll restore settings when I'm next on.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork