Frost
Steam Name: Frost

SteamID: N/A

BanID: N/A

Ban Reason
Posting to increase your post count (+2 points)

Staff Member: Lewwings

Involved users
Me and Lewwings

Why should you be unbanned?
I replied to Jakey's promotion thread saying "looooooooooooooooooool" and was warned for posting to increase my post count. This is on a thread where almost everyone is only saying something short to say congratulations or as someone else posted "cmonnn". I got warned for some reason even though what I posted was a joke as I am friends with Jakey and it was short just like every other post on that thread. It's clear Lewwings is targeting me and trying to find any small reason to warn me, as this one is quite stupid and for nothing. I don't see how posting "looooooooooooooooooool" on a friends promotion thread is posting to increase my post count, with that logic everyone who posted on that thread should be warned as almost everything is extremely short like what I said.

Link to the thread: https://fearlessrp.net/showthread?tid=98844
Link to my post (deleted): https://fearlessrp.net/showthread?tid=98...#pid874841
Good evening Frost,

I am not attempting to target you in any way and deflecting by referencing other posts on promotion threads is not really a strong argument - more a case of Whataboutism. My issuing of warning points to your account was based off of your breaches of forum rules 1c, 1d, and 5a, as your post was not relevant to the promotion thread at all, and thus I considered it to be a spam post. Considering your years of experience with these forums, you ought to know better than this.

In short, I warned you because your post was spam-like in nature and thus broke the aforementioned forum rules.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Hello Lewwings, thank you for the reply before concluding the UBR.

Let's start with rules I am accused of breaking:

1c Do not post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT ON THE FORUMS, if I was to care I’ve been part of the community for a long period of time. I would’ve already made it to 1,000 posts. So this simply cannot be proven, nor can it be used against me. With your own logic you should’ve warned every other reply that wasn’t “Congrats”.

1d - Replies with only one smiley or anything like this are not allowed and will lead to a warning. Video replies that relate to the thread are, however, allowed.

This rule does not apply at all to this situation as I didn’t reply to the thread with a smiley or use any emotes at all.

5a Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning.

This was a relevant reply to said post as many other users have replied in a similar way to many announcements previously. Where are their forum warnings Lewwings? Also I would like to point out that the rule states “Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be warned”, I did not consistently post in the wrong forum, this is impossible as I could not post in the past months due to my warning %.

Your point that the post was Spam-like is completely wrong, and the fact that it is a spam post is also wrong. Spam by definition is a post sent out in mass, for example spam emails are sent out to a lot of people or in mass therefore they are spam. This post was made once, and I did not post the same anywhere else at all.

Now onto the fact you have gone out of your way to target me, this is an extremely hard thing to prove. However from my own perspective you constantly are on my back about small things only you seem to care about.
[Image: courthouseconclusion.png]

Greetings Frost,

Thank-you for your reply on this topic, it provides a useful insight into explaining your perceived side of the story. I appreciate your rebuttals at the forum rules that I cited to be broken by you, however I do still hold the view that the post you made was in violation of the aforementioned rules.

For example, you were in violation of rule 1c as your post of "looooooooooooooooooool" on a serious thread added nothing of value to it, had nothing to do with the thread topic, and came off as "spam-like" as I put it as it was out-of-place. As the rule itself states "If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post". 

Rule 1d does apply in this situation as "Replies with only one smiley or anything like this are not allowed and will lead to a warning" is stated. I would say that a one smiley reply and a "looooooooooooooooooool" reply are comparable.

As I have mentioned earlier in this reply, rule 5a is valid as your post had nothing to do with the thread topic whatsoever. In addition to this, it is up for me in my role as an Administrator - not yourself - to decide what could be construed as spam under the terms of rule 4e.

At the end of the day, it is my duty to enforce the rules, and to decide what to do when those rules are broken. You broke the rules, and got a forum warning for it. The best way to avoid gaining warnings is to follow the rules - it is really that simple. I considered your post an attempt to increase your post count at the time of the warning being issued out, and I still stick by that decision in this conclusion. Maybe next time you'll think twice before posting a silly comment.

Denied.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]