Burglary
The rules are and always has been super unclear as to what you can do and what you can't do as X job.

Does need a complete overhaul tbh
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(06-25-2021, 11:49 PM)Random Wrote: The rules are and always has been super unclear as to what you can do and what you can't do as X job.

Does need a complete overhaul tbh
I completely agree… We shouldn’t care about Job titles in certain situations. We already removed „Thug“ and „Criminal“. I don’t understand why it’s such a big issue to do burglary as Unemployed but having the Job name „Mafia“ or something like that. It would rather be considered as Metagaming if you look at his Jobname and it says „Mafia“… After that you are acting up like.. „Oh you don’t have the correct jobtitle!! You are breaking the Rules!!“  This shouldn’t be a thing for situations like burglary or mugging or any other small crimes.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
It's not a big deal. If it happens you possibly get stopped and told to change your job for next time.
The reason it's a thing, is because your supposed to have a certain degree of background RP for your actions.

Changing your job to something fitting of your RP is one step. But ideally you should also invest a few minutes into additional background RP.
I.e. do you have a hideout?, maybe you can find an accomplice or maybe you could stalk/trail a person with a nice car?

It doesn't need to be complicated or time consuming. Just keep in mind good backgroundRP is what separates good RP from bad.
Now you know to change your job to something more fitting. Lesson learned.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Jakey
(06-26-2021, 09:40 AM)Haarek Wrote: It's not a big deal. If it happens you possibly get stopped and told to change your job for next time.
The reason it's a thing, is because your supposed to have a certain degree of background RP for your actions.

Changing your job to something fitting of your RP is one step. But ideally you should also invest a few minutes into additional background RP.
I.e. do you have a hideout?, maybe you can find an accomplice or maybe you could stalk/trail a person with a nice car?

It doesn't need to be complicated or time consuming. Just keep in mind good backgroundRP is what separates good RP from bad.

But it is a big deal. 

I remember people being punished because they have the wron job title. It's not like admins sit there holding down tab checking who has the right job title. It is only after a rule has been broken that some sort of action is taken.. which can lead to people being punished because of faulty rules that can be unclear as to what job title you can/can't have when you are doing various things.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(06-26-2021, 11:02 AM)Random Wrote: But it is a big deal. 

I remember people being punished because they have the wron job title. It's not like admins sit there holding down tab checking who has the right job title. It is only after a rule has been broken that some sort of action is taken.. which can lead to people being punished because of faulty rules that can be unclear as to what job title you can/can't have when you are doing various things.

Making the rule more clear/understandable/easier to see is definitely a possibility.
I'd suggest making a rule clarification suggestion when the sub-forum opens up.

Regardless, we are usually pretty easy on the punishments for breaking it.
Visit my profile here.
The following 3 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Random, Lewwings, Caesar
(06-26-2021, 09:40 AM)Haarek Wrote: It's not a big deal. If it happens you possibly get stopped and told to change your job for next time.

/job is background RP? I think not. Most people literally don't even read your job title. Have you ever changed your title as president/sergeant/etc only to have literally everyone refer to you as either Sergeant, President or whatever else you are? They don't work. They don't even do anything in terms of RP.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 2 users Like gin's post:
  • Arkten, SpaghettiFTW
Roleplay is a two way street. You both need to be willing. Just like intercourse, Kingstone.

/job is a tool for deepening the RP on the server.
I look at /job as a way to dedicate yourself to a certain type of RP.
It makes you unable to simply switch your characters lifestyle to your immediate convenience.

So if you decided to be a "Mafia", you have obliged yourself to roleplay as a mafia.
Doing something unlike that job would be failRP.

Doing /job is a start, or a step, to backgroundRP. It isn't the sole requirement.

My point was just that backgroundRP doesn't need to be extremely complicated or in-depth.
It's supposed to be fun. Not time consuming.
Visit my profile here.
Seems to be significantly overlapping with this

tbh, i never really understood why job titles have to be a thing, but then again I am better at coding bad code than roleplaying so idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯