SteamID: STEAM_0:1:125594896

BanID: 84844

Ban Reason
Bypassing AFK timer

Staff Member: JohnSilver

Involved users
JohnSilver (Extented ban time)

Why should you be unbanned?
I was making melon seeds while watching a youtube video and when I was looking up from my phone I saw that I was banned. I was avoiding that AFK timer. I don't know how buying a lot of watermelons then pressing W and S a few times is anti asking I was still active in the game. 

Due to not having a recording was that I was in spawn and didn't have a need to record (I normally do if I was raiding or basing.)
I was gonna wait for this ban out at first so I went to play some counterstrike. then I got to bed I woke up early this morning and was wondering how long my ban would be if I waited it out. however, 3 months kinda long for something (I'm aware of) didn't do. I was still at the computer when this happened. I also can recall stuff that was said before I got banned if you wanna test if i was speaking the truth.
Hello FireIce,

I was the one who banned you after myself and several other staff members online investigated your behaviour. We were first notified after police arrested you in your little box in one of the pearl plaza stores, they sent an @ call saying you were likely using anti-AFK scripts. After the @ call mostly all of us online came to investigate and witnessed suspicious behaviour while you were still in jail. Here's a summary of your behaviour yesterday:

Every 18 seconds, you would manufacture a batch of watermelon from the F1 menu
Every 20 seconds, you would press W followed by S

This behaviour was consistent for over the 10 minutes myself and several other staff watched you for and the timings are accurate to the millisecond. I can see the actual period of time you used the script for was significantly longer though. I used several admin and developer tools to be 100% sure that you were using a script and I am still fully confident that you were. I'm not interested in you being able to recall anything we said, you didn't respond to several admins in-game and I'm sure you'll just be saying it from your recording.

I see no reason for this UBR to be approved, if anything it should be extended due to your use of cheats.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I didn't notice my arrest because I had and camera tool on. and looked through the camera. not at my player model instead. I also took off my headphones so I could hear the video. I didn't notice anything happening until after I watched the video on youtube. i get why I'm banned however I think it's unfair. If I would cheat yes ban me right ahead. The thing is I didn't neither did I try to exploit anything. I set up binds to manufacture items. i know this all sounds weird and hard to believe. But the only thing I can see in is the chat( through the camera) and where its pointing at. and I didn't notice any warrants or any other behavior from cops (Might notve been looking at the monitor at the time) or players or admins alike.  If your wondering what video I watched its called: Turning old jewelry into pure gold bars By: NileRed. 
Any further questions?

Also every 13 seconds then i move back and forth.

i got the melon thing on binded on F.
(06-21-2021, 12:54 PM)Pollux Wrote: Hello FireIce,

I was the one who banned you after myself and several other staff members online investigated your behaviour. We were first notified after police arrested you in your little box in one of the pearl plaza stores, they sent an @ call saying you were likely using anti-AFK scripts. After the @ call mostly all of us online came to investigate and witnessed suspicious behaviour while you were still in jail. Here's a summary of your behaviour yesterday:

Every 18 seconds, you would manufacture a batch of watermelon from the F1 menu
Every 20 seconds, you would press W followed by S

This behaviour was consistent for over the 10 minutes myself and several other staff watched you for and the timings are accurate to the millisecond. I can see the actual period of time you used the script for was significantly longer though. I used several admin and developer tools to be 100% sure that you were using a script and I am still fully confident that you were. I'm not interested in you being able to recall anything we said, you didn't respond to several admins in-game and I'm sure you'll just be saying it from your recording.

I see no reason for this UBR to be approved, if anything it should be extended due to your use of cheats.

Involved, saw this go down at spawn and in the clan chat and I'd quite like to add some important facts

In relation to the claims of FireIce using cheats, it is much more likely that a Macro was used instead, which according to the ToS:

Code:
You can't use unauthorized software to access the Services, nor can you modify the provided software or information in any unauthorized way (e.g., tampered copies of Steam clients, add-ons developed for gameplay tampering, cheats or hacks, or unauthorized downloads).

Macros are not mentioned here, or anywhere in ToS or in the rules, if you've got proof of FireIce loading in external Lua or C++ scripts then fair enough, which I doubt anyone does because who is going to spend their time testing and writing code to do that, but this ban should not be extended under the premise of cheats, Arguably using a bind list equates to a Macro and we all know at least 1 player who uses keypresses to heal themselves and replace their kevlar.

As per, Macro's are defined as

Code:
a single instruction that expands automatically into a set of instructions to perform a particular task.

And using the search function on the forums, I was able to find examples of people using and instructing other players on how to use Macros within FL, even with external software such as AHK. Additionally I fail to see the rule broken here, see below.

Just because FireIce wasn't screaming down his microphone the whole time, playing the dance animation while flinging props at the floor hardly means squat and if we're going to start taking the stance of "Oh he moves every so often to prevent a kick" then most if not all farmers and contraRPers should suffer the same punishment as they've at least done this once. I do it occasionally if I've got a film or a documentary on my other monitor I'm trying to watch, or I've got other things I need to do for 15-20 minutes.

I quite honestly don't see the problem that's been brought up here and especially don't understand the ban time, he isn't harming another players RP, he isn't griefing or being a minge, he's not sat there day in day out for hours doing this messing up the already destroyed economy. I honestly don't see the issue at all and it just seems like a mountain has been made out of a mole hill to be frank.
(06-21-2021, 01:13 PM)wizard_0315 Wrote: I didn't notice my arrest because I had and camera tool on. and looked through the camera. not at my player model instead. I also took off my headphones so I could hear the video. I didn't notice anything happening until after I watched the video on youtube. i get why I'm banned however I think it's unfair. If I would cheat yes ban me right ahead. The thing is I didn't neither did I try to exploit anything. I set up binds to manufacture items. i know this all sounds weird and hard to believe. But the only thing I can see in is the chat( through the camera) and where its pointing at. and I didn't notice any warrants or any other behavior from cops (Might notve been looking at the monitor at the time) or players or admins alike.  If your wondering what video I watched its called: Turning old jewelry into pure gold bars By: NileRed. 
Any further questions?

I'd like to remind you that lying in the courthouse is against the rules.

You didn't have a bind to purchase watermelons, you did so via the F1 menu using a script. This script opened the F1 menu, bought watermelons, closed it, moved and then repeated.

This behaviour falls under rule 1.1

Rule 1.1 Wrote:Using cheats, hacks, demos or abusing glitches will not be tolerated.

(06-21-2021, 01:26 PM)h3x Wrote: -snip-

Stop trying to defend something you know nothing about, my ban was based on evidence and discussion with several other staff members and I see no reason for it to be lifted. Your opinion isn't required evidence on this UBR.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-21-2021, 01:38 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(06-21-2021, 01:13 PM)wizard_0315 Wrote: I didn't notice my arrest because I had and camera tool on. and looked through the camera. not at my player model instead. I also took off my headphones so I could hear the video. I didn't notice anything happening until after I watched the video on youtube. i get why I'm banned however I think it's unfair. If I would cheat yes ban me right ahead. The thing is I didn't neither did I try to exploit anything. I set up binds to manufacture items. i know this all sounds weird and hard to believe. But the only thing I can see in is the chat( through the camera) and where its pointing at. and I didn't notice any warrants or any other behavior from cops (Might notve been looking at the monitor at the time) or players or admins alike.  If your wondering what video I watched its called: Turning old jewelry into pure gold bars By: NileRed. 
Any further questions?

I'd like to remind you that lying in the courthouse is against the rules.

You didn't have a bind to purchase watermelons, you did so via the F1 menu using a script. This script opened the F1 menu, bought watermelons, closed it, moved and then repeated.

This behaviour falls under rule 1.1

Rule 1.1 Wrote:Using cheats, hacks, demos or abusing glitches will not be tolerated.

(06-21-2021, 01:26 PM)h3x Wrote: -snip-

Stop trying to defend something you know nothing about, my ban was based on evidence and discussion with several other staff members and I see no reason for it to be lifted. Your opinion isn't required evidence on this UBR.
Im not lying its the matter of if you believed it or not. I just think its sad how I first was an cheater now I'm lyier been though I'm speaking the trough. I just find it sad. Why would I lie about this?
And if i would use macro's (which i didn't) it states this: 

In relation to the claims of FireIce using cheats, it is much more likely that a Macro was used instead, which according to the ToS:

Code:
You can't use unauthorized software to access the Services, nor can you modify the provided software or information in any unauthorized way (e.g., tampered copies of Steam clients, add-ons developed for gameplay tampering, cheats or hacks, or unauthorized downloads).

Macros are not mentioned here, or anywhere in ToS or in the rules, if you've got proof of FireIce loading in external Lua or C++ scripts then fair enough, which I doubt anyone does because who is going to spend their time testing and writing code to do that, but this ban should not be extended under the premise of cheats, Arguably using a bind list equates to a Macro and we all know at least 1 player who uses keypresses to heal themselves and replace their kevlar.

As per, Macro's are defined as

Code:
a single instruction that expands automatically into a set of instructions to perform a particular task.

And using the search function on the forums, I was able to find examples of people using and instructing other players on how to use Macros within FL, even with external software such as AHK. Additionally I fail to see the rule broken here, see below.

I have an macro recorder indeed on my pc. I didn't use it for this. I use macros for mining (Soi i don't have to spam the button) And for using it at the composter. I found it sketchy to use this for something which makes me an shit ton of money in return so I used my binds. and not an macro in stead. But if you belive I used an macro for this I would be still allowed to play acourding to those rules that ware mentioned.

So if i used an macro its allowed and if i do it by hand its allowed so i dont see the reason of banning me due to no rule is broken in either way shape or form
Denied.
 [Image: wS5L2y0.png]