Changes to Suggestions
Lightbulb 
[Image: announcement.png]

Hey Fearless,

The current suggestion system has been problematic for a while now, with suggestions piling up and not being assigned priority, some approved suggestions now years old and unwanted by the community, a few approved by older team members that personally wanted the changes implemented but never got around to it, etc.

Most wanted suggestions are being lost in a huge pile of backlog, with not much happening.

That's why we're working on a new system, which we're aiming to complete and have operational in a few weeks. This will allow the development team and the community to have a unison understanding of the most wanted suggestions, with prioritisation based on the most community response, support and more important factors.

In order to fast-track most wanted suggestions into the game, we're setting up a developer suggestion claim system to ensure that the developers get rewarded (yes, with real $) quickly and fairly for their work on what the community wants the most. This means everyone will be happy. Suggestions in higher demand will get prioritised and the team will get rewarded for working on it.

You may have already noticed suggestions are closed for now, this is so we can organise and refactor this section of the forums ready for the new suggestions system. Please bear with us on this whilst we establish and discuss everything as a team.

Thanks, everyone!
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
i think you've made a typo you have infact said being paid
Ryannnnnn
Fearless Full-Time Roleplayer

[Image: qVdVN2yh.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Ryan's post:
  • User 7141
This finally sounds like a proper step into serious development

Happy to hear it
-support
 Zecon
not an Administrator
A software solution you might want to look into is Jira, I've used it before in my last workplace and it works extremely well and would allow developers to be added to lists based on their programming strengths and have issues assigned to them, for example Pollux might be skilled with vGUI development while Conn exceeds at network development.
Great news!

I see this as an absolute win for Fearless!

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

what real money? no way I don't believe it
What will happen to the old suggestions? Are they completely gone?
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
(06-07-2021, 12:51 AM)Kappatalist Wrote: What will happen to the old suggestions? Are they completely gone?

They've been archived but yeah, they're basically wiped. They can still be viewed if there were any good ideas but majority of them weren't good anyway. We've wiped them so we can actually make suggestions into what it should be, a list of things that should be added rather than a list of cool things that probably won't ever be added.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-06-2021, 10:35 PM)h3x Wrote: A software solution you might want to look into is Jira, I've used it before in my last workplace and it works extremely well and would allow developers to be added to lists based on their programming strengths and have issues assigned to them, for example Pollux might be skilled with vGUI development while Conn exceeds at network development.

Honestly no, it won't be worth it at all for FL. I've used Jira before too but it's not going to be used enough to justify it. We already use github issues alongside a board. If anything I personally much prefer trello (way less complex and free). It's also not like the dev team is that big either where we need something like Jira.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork