Farming issues need to be addressed
Title of Suggestion: Farming issues need to be addressed

Description
I propose that we deal with the issues with farming on FL in its current state.

Why?
Background:
* Farming on FL currently has lead to people literally just standing around all day on the beach next to their 5 tiles.
* This again has lead to a severe lack of actual RP. FL has gone from being pretty unique in its ability to showcase building skills through creative roleplay, to now disengaging the older playerbase, and giving way to a much more economically and aggRP focused server. Not sure if you guys have noticed, but all FL is right now is a glorified Cops and Robbers server with what is equivalent to cookie clicker in terms of economic ability.

How do we fix this?
* Limit the amount of people who can farm at once, to something like 5 players. It should be lower than 10, seeing as we can only have 50 players. 1/5 of the playerbase farming is pretty high, considering another 1/5 might be AFK or sitting in their contra bases.
* Limit WHERE farming can be done. No farming should be done within the city at all, to encourage people to spread out a little more.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 1 user Likes gin's post:
+support something definitely has to change about the gameplay.
[Image: t4iy89zg.png]
+1 support to this, I barely see any Active RP going on, all I see are minges trying to interrupt RPs or people standing around farming their watermelons and what not. Although 5 people to farm in a server full of 50-60 people is a little low, I say 10 would be enough to get the newer players have a chance to earn some cash for them to also get into RP by either getting a vehicle or some weapons.
Something definitely needs to be done in regards to farming, like you said it's destroyed the roleplay on the server and oversaturated the economy. I don't agree that limiting farming is the best method of dealing with this issue, I would prefer a rebalancing of the economy side of it: specifically changing how much money is recieved from selling the plants. This would hopefully lead to less people farming as they realise the money recieved from it is not worth the time.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
As mentioned by jhayw I believe something needs to be done but I also don’t think limiting the players to farming will be a good change. However it would be nice to see something done to get people engaging into roleplay again.
There's already something that should be preventing farming from being done in most of the city. Maybe the area by the beach was missed and should be added to that list?
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(05-25-2021, 01:37 PM)Tomo Wrote: There's already something that should be preventing farming from being done in most of the city. Maybe the area by the beach was missed and should be added to that list?

Still doesn't really solve the issue of the entire server literally idling to farm virtual dollars. Where's the RP?
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 1 user Likes gin's post:
  • EAGLE:)
(05-25-2021, 01:40 PM)Kingstone Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 01:37 PM)Tomo Wrote: There's already something that should be preventing farming from being done in most of the city. Maybe the area by the beach was missed and should be added to that list?

Still doesn't really solve the issue of the entire server literally idling to farm virtual dollars. Where's the RP?

Anyone farming outside of the City would be subject to muggings and other crime, so I think it'd work?

But to add to this. Lowering profits on farming doesn't automatically make RP happen, instead they spend *more* time farming or switching to other activities to make up for the loss in profits. There needs to be a viable alternative which does create RP. Which most of the common ways of making money dont.
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
Farming gives too much and I can say that with my own experience considering how much I've made from it so far without even doing too much. It also contributes to the already too much lag within the city.

I propose we made the money earned from farming dynamic. If too many people sell to the dealer in a short amount of time, the money earned will be significantly less. People won't be able to just hoard and wait either as it takes so much inventory space. We can also ban it from the beach.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
When it comes to money, the mystery plant bags are what give you money. I would say that for an evening of farming, I can get enough mystery plants to get a single 50k-70k harvest. Regular farming with potatoes/cabbages makes very little compared to that.

I would say perhaps make the mystery bags a bit harder to gain and it would fix the money issue. It still takes a ton of hours to unlock the rare plants.

Though I do agree that there is less RP going on, especially government RP. Seeing a full police force + EMS is not as common as it used to be. I guess it's because farming appeals to the passive crowd as well.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]