Poll: Should free speech be allowed.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes of course, its the law.
18.75%
3 18.75%
No, I live in North Korea and the only words that I can say are the ones praising Kim Jong Un
81.25%
13 81.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Free Speech.
Hello all,

You may of seen my previous post about homophobia and certain staff using that as the new cover to ban people for long durations of time as "homophobia" now a days can be perceived as numerous things.

My next point is about free speech and why certain staff are warning and banning users for simply speaking their mind and having different opinions about things and people. The community is pretty much dead like there's no real way to revive FL now apart from continue "sailing" (pardon the pun) and ride out the final few waves until it goes, so why on earth are staff members trying to lower the time left till it dies by not letting people speak the truth and have opinions on topics that they don't like all this is doing is showing complete bias that if its not their opinion its no ones.
The following 1 user Likes Juul's post:
  • Rossi
You can say what you want but if what you say is against the rules you'll be met with a ban, simple as. If you want to be discriminatory towards people or say slurs, do it somewhere else.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
As much as I'd like to agree with this, it shows you've got the wrong mindset for it.

If you say something that's obviously discriminatory because its in the rules to not say it, you'll be met with a ban.

It's simple. Just follow the rules, if you're not prepared to do that, go play DarkRP or whatever.
[Image: jgUSzW0.png]
Have I helped you or made an epic statement that has blown your mind and turned the tables?
Gimme a sexy lil rep here!
The following 1 user Likes Blaz's post:
  • Rossi
I’d have to agree slightly with Juul but in a different sense. I am not targeting anyone on the staff team and if you don’t do this then it clearly doesn’t apply to you.

However, I’ve seen numerous threads being hijacked and closed for no good reason at all. Maybe it’s about an update (Map, Kevlar, etc. which are the hot topics) or weather it’s just a deep question. I am not saying it happens all the time, but threads are being closed and it’s ridiculous when they are all within the rules. No hate, but it’s aggravating to see, that’s all.
The following 1 user Likes Rossi's post:
  • Lewwings
(05-22-2021, 01:00 AM)Juul Wrote: -Snip-

By 'Speak the truth' you mean be derogatory for no apparent reason. What a lot of people fail to realise is you can say what you want, but, freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.

Your logic is literally, 'let everyone be toxic cause one day FL will die', which is an awful logic because if you leave the toxic cesspool of people take the reigns the community will die 10x quicker.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Rossi
So apparently because people can't be homophobic, Fearless will die? ok buddy
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 1 user Likes Broccoli's post:
  • Rossi
Freedom of speech != freedom from consequences, especially on a private community. Don’t be a tit
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 8 users Like Conn's post:
  • Ducktard, Lewwings, Jakey, Dan, Edned, MasterNoda, Grizzly, Toe Shmicki
(05-22-2021, 05:25 PM)Conn Wrote: Freedom of speech != freedom from consequences, especially on a private community. Don’t be a tit
This.
Where am I?
I'm quite bemused with the incorrect framing of your points as you make it out to be that saying any old thing can lead to a ban for homophobia, whereas the reality is that only 7 bans have been issued since the start of this year with homophobia being part of or the full reasoning behind the sanction. Clearly this is not the epidemic of injustice that you play it out as.

As for this apparent attack on freedom of speech from "certain staff", I do believe you are mistaken. By using the Fearless services, you agree to the rules and terms of service, and must abide by them. Now while this may sound big and scary, really that's not the case. Most users get by just fine with the community having a rich history of users being able to speak out on numerous topics, such as here, or here, possibly here, definitely here, and most certainly here.

This hasn't changed in recent times either, as shown here, or here, possibly here, definitely here, and most certainly here.

You claim that "certain staff are warning and banning users for simply speaking their mind and having different opinions about things and people", and yet show no evidence of any such cases actually happening. Nobody gets banned for simply having an different opinion, and to suggest so is simply ludicrous. Fearless is far from dead, too, with many discussions, roleplays, and good times still being had.

As some others have highlighted here, freedom of speech is not a get out of jail free card from the consequences of what you say, and that blanket toxicity is not tolerated because quite frankly it's just being as ass to everybody for no reason (as well as against the rules). As for threads being 'hijacked and closed', a valid point is raised over whether everybody should collectively be punished for the actions of a few, or if only those who caused the trouble should be removed from the thread so that everybody else can enjoy the topic. Good point to consider for future cases.

All in all though, take off the tinfoil hat, Juul. You're blowing things out of proportion.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Kappatalist, Rossi
1. Freedom of speech doesn't exist within private companies
2. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you want without consequence
3. Freedom of speech isn't a way for you to be openly hateful to a group of people
4. You're an idiot.