[RELEASE] Fearless Scribo - A PR video compressor for FL.
Star 
Hi all,

Seen a couple people recently discussing that most screen recorders output a massive file and for some people this takes hours to upload, bit annoying and off putting when you just want to make a PR for that guy mass RDMing everyone at Nexus.

So I sat down today and wrote an application to compress video files for you and I called it Scribo. In testing, the application was able to drop a 1.5GB video file down to 122mb. A 91% file decrease!

The application runs natively on Windows. No need for any other downloads apart from the application.

Bare in mind that I'm not a graphics/UI designer, so it doesn't look the prettiest, but damn does it get the job done. Happy for anyone to improve it, I've included the source code down below on my Git (C#). 

Demonstration Video:

Download Links:

Binary: https://github.com/0x0luke/FearlessScrib...ag/1.0.0.1
Source code: https://github.com/0x0luke/FearlessScribo

Please feel free to run it through any anti-malware applications, bare in mind some lesser known solutions might report it as malware due to it not being cryptographically signed/having packed DLLs. I've provided the source code above if you don't trust the binary release, however I understand that people who'd want to use this application will probably not understand how to compile it.

Technical explanation:

The application is a C# wrapper around the ffmpeg library, The library is given a video file and reduces the bitrate, resolution and encoding, resulting in a decreased file size overall.
The following 2 users Like User 7141's post:
  • max., Lewwings
I’m essence it’s just an FFMPEG wrapper
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

(05-11-2021, 03:02 PM)Conn Wrote: I’m essence it’s just an FFMPEG wrapper
Correct, easier to use this than trying to learn ffmpeg though
I’m sorry what who the fuck is recording 1.5gb of screen time on gmod sounds like they’re dumb and don’t know how to change their settings

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 2 users Like Dragnort_'s post:
  • Blaz, De CodeerHeer
(05-11-2021, 06:38 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: I’m sorry what who the fuck is recording 1.5gb of screen time on gmod sounds like they’re dumb and don’t know how to change their settings

No need to be toxic mate.
(05-11-2021, 06:38 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: I’m sorry what who the fuck is recording 1.5gb of screen time on gmod sounds like they’re dumb and don’t know how to change their settings

I wouldn't have put it in these words but I agree.