Gamemode Rocks burning fix.
(05-03-2021, 09:50 PM)Georgy Wrote: Never in my life of Fearless that started back in 2012 have i seen someone abuse these rocks.

We're not saying we have either. The problem lies with the change you are suggesting to be made - specifically the subsequent abuse that will occur as a result. I'm sure you can see how somebody may utilise a prop that is immune to breaches or molotovs in their doomfort, perhaps to block off an alternative entrance to a warehouse? That's what I, as I'm sure many others, are concerned about.

Sure, we can introduce rules to clamp down on this, but this won't stop people. The team still have to inform people on a regular basis that their dupe is a doomfort, perhaps as a result of cover being too high, too many props blocking a route or inappropriate materials; a simple rule change won't stop people taking advantage of this change if it's implemented in the way that you have described.
[Image: img.php?uid=efa30e37]
The following 1 user Likes jhayw's post:
  • Georgy
(05-03-2021, 10:28 PM)jhayw Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 09:50 PM)Georgy Wrote: Never in my life of Fearless that started back in 2012 have i seen someone abuse these rocks.

We're not saying we have either. The problem lies with the change you are suggesting to be made - specifically the subsequent abuse that will occur as a result. I'm sure you can see how somebody may utilise a prop that is immune to breaches or molotovs in their doomfort, perhaps to block off an alternative entrance to a warehouse? That's what I, as I'm sure many others, are concerned about.

Sure, we can introduce rules to clamp down on this, but this won't stop people. The team still have to inform people on a regular basis that their dupe is a doomfort, perhaps as a result of cover being too high, too many props blocking a route or inappropriate materials; a simple rule change won't stop people taking advantage of this change if it's implemented in the way that you have described.

I agree people would take advantage like they take advantage of the molotovs and breaches...
I mean even on passive I was just farming in my island and some dude kept coming throwing 1 molotov and leaving burning half the ground of a whole island lmaoo.... think about that. like im not saying make the rocks be invinsible but make them need to take damage not just burn like paper is what i was suggesting.
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge
The following 1 user Likes Georgy's post:
  • Rossi
+support
[Image: TimSig2.png]
+Support

You guys claim you’re listening to the survey and everyone wants more realistic stuff so how about it?

Makes sense, realistic and you could always just put a longer timer on rocks and metal as said above if there is major disagreements
(05-03-2021, 10:42 PM)Georgy Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 10:28 PM)jhayw Wrote:

I agree people would take advantage like they take advantage of the molotovs and breaches...
I mean even on passive I was just farming in my island and some dude kept coming throwing 1 molotov and leaving burning half the ground of a whole island lmaoo.... think about that. like im not saying make the rocks be invinsible but make them need to take damage not just burn like paper is what i was suggesting.

People breaking rules isn't a reason to add immune props to the server though. I get where you're coming from with this suggestion, I just know it won't work out. Longer times won't help at all either, it's still going to get destroyed in the end?

Pollux
Developer & Trial Admin
bork

[Image: raw]

(Thanks Chumps!)
Not longer burning time but takes more than one molotov which in my opinion the molotovs are the ones being abused..
The original Cuban Minge
I agree with Pollux on this one. It's a good idea, but not really a fix. Even if it was to take more than one Molotov for example, it changes the whole system.
(05-04-2021, 10:26 AM)DVN Wrote: I agree with Pollux on this one. It's a good idea, but not really a fix. Even if it was to take more than one Molotov for example, it changes the whole system.

even to fix the molotov? The things burn down whole bases with 1 or in this case they burn down half an island and sometimes it doesn’t even turn into a raid..
The original Cuban Minge
(05-04-2021, 10:58 AM)Georgy Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 10:26 AM)DVN Wrote: I agree with Pollux on this one. It's a good idea, but not really a fix. Even if it was to take more than one Molotov for example, it changes the whole system.

even to fix the molotov? The things burn down whole bases with 1 or in this case they burn down half an island and sometimes it doesn’t even turn into a raid..

Making it take more than one also won't help as it's still going to get destroyed in the end. I think molotovs are fine, perhaps even underpowered compared to much cheaper breaches. Molotovs and breaches only destroy props in a tiny radius where they hit. If your base is a ton of massive props then yeah it'll burn a lot of it due to how they work.

Pollux
Developer & Trial Admin
bork

[Image: raw]

(Thanks Chumps!)
(05-04-2021, 08:18 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 10:58 AM)Georgy Wrote:

Making it take more than one also won't help as it's still going to get destroyed in the end. I think molotovs are fine, perhaps even underpowered compared to much cheaper breaches. Molotovs and breaches only destroy props in a tiny radius where they hit. If your base is a ton of massive props then yeah it'll burn a lot of it due to how they work.

I see what you mean. I honestly wish you would think about this and maybe have a staff meeting/talk about opinions on this. Nobody builds in the ocean because theres no way of making a proper build on it and now thst rocks are basically decorations it gives the ocean even less use. And some even soend 2.7mil on a yacht just to drive it in circles instead of having things to do like (building islands/docks). Hope you guys can think about it. Thanks for your response Pollux!
The original Cuban Minge