Daniel
Your Name: Daniel

Accused Staff Member: Daniel

Involved users
JaSch, Me, Daniel

Date & Time (GMT): 5/4/21 @ 5:35 GMT

Abuse of Power? and/or Infringement of the rules?
Infringement of the rules

Explanation and Evidence
JaSch was going to be demoted because he discouraged my police force to solve crime. As seen in the video, he tells my officers not to respond to a 911 call. This is a fully valid reason to demote. But before I demoted him, I threatened him first and gave him a warning. He then asked to be demoted.

Next, Daniel takes the president job and removes my laws. I have nothing against this. But after I demote JaSch, Daniel then threatenes to demote me. I ask to have a proper meeting but he doesn't care at all about that. He demotes me shortly after. Because his demotion was totally invalid and lack of roleplay, I am writing this staff report because he was infringed on the rules.

Good evening.

At first, I want to point out that the demotion of the Vice President was completely valid.
1. All the governmental workers where against her and pleasing for her demotion (we were putting up a strike against here, that is why I was also telling officers to meet at the said place and not to respond to any situations) Also - why where parts taken out? It literally showed how much we wanted her to be gone from the powerful position she should not be having because of the ... horrible ... decisions she is making.
2. The President may decide what his Vice President should be like. If the characteristics or political "marks" do not fit, the Vice President can be demoted in my opinion.

What I also do think was quite fishy, is the fact that Academy claims that he tried to "arrange a proper meeting" with the President aka. Daniel, while he already made his decision and is literally typing the demotion. Nearly the second Academy popped her message into the chat, she got demoted. Shit happens.
It's not true that he had already begun typing. As you can see, there is a cut in the video. There is a few seconds between me sending that message and me walking toward Daniel and him starting to write the demotion. Please do not make unnecessary false accusations with no grounds.

(04-05-2021, 05:29 PM)MrMaaze Wrote: Hello Academy, I was the Police Seargeant at the time. All of us AKA the Whole PD Myself, The other 3 officers the EMT and Jay were Striking about your laws, Aka the Cops are only allowed to use Non Lethal weapons which we cant do shit as we wont respond to 911 Calls with guns involved. Also You shoudln't Cut The videos as its considered Tampering Evidence. After Daniel came and said that we should ignore you you demoted Jay Which u then got demoted for in the end. I Also made a Broadcast stating that the Police will not respond to any 911 calls due to the fact that we were only able to have Less Lethals.

https://youtu.be/cxKa5DdRLgw my POV

Most of what you said is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the demotion was totally valid, as seen in the video. And considering that Daniel demoted me for that demotion (see the demotion reason in the video), he is in the wrong.
Thank you for posting this AA Case,

I became president and wanted to put new laws into effect the first thing I did was take your law away stating police can't use lethal weapons you then proceeded to demote Jasch when you could have confirmed this first.

I then told you not to demote any more government workers, But after doing so members of the police force started threatening they were going to resign if I didn't demote you because of your actions So as the president I took the choice to demote you to keep the police force. why did you cut parts out of your video not showing the entire situation?
 [Image: wS5L2y0.png]
(04-05-2021, 08:54 PM)Dan Wrote: Thank you for posting this AA Case,

I became president and wanted to put new laws into effect the first thing I did was take your law away stating police can't use lethal weapons you then proceeded to demote Jasch when you could have confirmed this first.

I then told you not to demote any more government workers, But after doing so members of the police force started threatening they were going to resign if I didn't demote you because of your actions So as the president I took the choice to demote you to keep the police force. why did you cut parts out of your video not showing the entire situation?

First of all, you can't expect me to tell you that I'm demoting someone when you had literally joined the job less than a minute before. As a new president, you have many other important things to do, such as legislating your desired laws and what not. It is also not obligatory for the VP to inform the president about every demotion, until told otherwise.

As for the demotion, you can see in the video which reason you provided. You didn't schedule a meeting to talk about it at all. You went straight into demoting me even after I suggested that we should have a meeting. The correct approach was to have a meeting with the police force and me as VP, to really understand what had happened and to hear all sides. At the end of the day, you demoted me for demoting an officer without a valid reason, when I did in fact have a valid reason.
(04-06-2021, 07:21 AM)Academy Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 08:54 PM)Dan Wrote: -snip-

First of all, you can't expect me to tell you that I'm demoting someone when you had literally joined the job less than a minute before. As a new president, you have many other important things to do, such as legislating your desired laws and what not. It is also not obligatory for the VP to inform the president about every demotion, until told otherwise.

As for the demotion, you can see in the video which reason you provided. You didn't schedule a meeting to talk about it at all. You went straight into demoting me even after I suggested that we should have a meeting. The correct approach was to have a meeting with the police force and me as VP, to really understand what had happened and to hear all sides. At the end of the day, you demoted me for demoting an officer without a valid reason, when I did in fact have a valid reason.

This is an in-character situation both of our characters can deal with it differently which means we can disagree in-character. Disagreements with the president can often lead to demotion, an in-character command/tool, which is what happened in this case. As being president I can overrule your decisions and make judgements based on my criteria such as me deciding what's more important the vice presidents job or the government as a whole.

Meetings and discussions about demotions (in-character) are optional and are not required as you have just said in your above reply so I didn't need to discuss the demotion with you. This is just a roleplay preference that everyone can do differently if they desire. So overall this in-character situation was resolved with an in-character command/tool (demotion) and is not in breach of any rules or admin powers.

I would still like to know why you have cut parts of the video, around 20 seconds in total. You originally cut this out and only provided the full video after MrMaaze provided an alternative, which you were not aware of until it was posted. These 20 seconds included the multiple threats made by the police force to resign as well as my warning to you about further demotions. The fact you went out of your way to edit the original video to remove this section, which gives a valid IC reason to demote you and then accuse me of lacking such a reason is alarming. So, I would like to know why you removed it initially.
 [Image: wS5L2y0.png]
(04-06-2021, 03:32 PM)Dan Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 07:21 AM)Academy Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 08:54 PM)Dan Wrote: -snip-

This is an in-character situation both of our characters can deal with it differently which means we can disagree in-character. Disagreements with the president can often lead to demotion, an in-character command/tool, which is what happened in this case. As being president I can overrule your decisions and make judgements based on my criteria such as me deciding what's more important the vice presidents job or the government as a whole.

Meetings and discussions about demotions (in-character) are optional and are not required as you have just said in your above reply so I didn't need to discuss the demotion with you. This is just a roleplay preference that everyone can do differently if they desire. So overall this in-character situation was resolved with an in-character command/tool (demotion) and is not in breach of any rules or admin powers.

I would still like to know why you have cut parts of the video, around 20 seconds in total. You originally cut this out and only provided the full video after MrMaaze provided an alternative, which you were not aware of until it was posted. These 20 seconds included the multiple threats made by the police force to resign as well as my warning to you about further demotions. The fact you went out of your way to edit the original video to remove this section, which gives a valid IC reason to demote you and then accuse me of lacking such a reason is alarming. So, I would like to know why you removed it initially.

The original video was 10 minutes, I edited it down to only the important parts. The part you are talking about is where the police force threatenes to resign, but that's irrelevant since you demoted me for a false demotion, not because the police force told you to. The important part of this PR is that your demotion reason was invalid. My demotion of the police officer was a valid demotion, which is something I have proved in above replies and in the original post.
Hi Academy, please provide the full footage without cuts.
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
(04-08-2021, 12:35 PM)Edned Wrote: Hi Academy, please provide the full footage without cuts.

Unfortunately, I don't have the original video anymore. However, since I uploaded the part I cut out, I'd argue that the whole video can already be viewed.