Gamemode Survey
(03-30-2021, 06:52 PM)Rossi Wrote: With all due respect, I like the survey as it could be a future change for FL. However, I just don’t understand the point of coming out with a survey asking the community what they want when there are suggestions from 2017 that have been approved and are still unfinished. And there’s over 100 I believe.  The community has already told you what they want and then they told you again on the last survey.  Some of those suggestions would simply take a couple days to complete but for some reason they have not been completed.

I personally just feel that after completing the survey,  a lot of stuff is going to get knocked back like those suggestions. And who knows, maybe after this survey is complete and some of the updates you do, it might contradict some of the suggestions that were approved so I understand that much.

I’m all for the survey if it actually comes into existence and if that’s some thing that FL finally wants to do, I couldn’t be happier and well done. Rooting for it!

I think that the development team wants to start now or very soon with the development of the new gamemode and so they wanted a final decisions made by the community what they would like to see. This survey also helps to have a bigger overview with just a simple look into the survey results than going through all suggestions again. 

But I agree that there are some suggestions which were really great ideas and would be a great addition to the new gamemode.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
(03-30-2021, 06:52 PM)Rossi Wrote: With all due respect, I like the survey as it could be a future change for FL. However, I just don’t understand the point of coming out with a survey asking the community what they want when there are suggestions from 2017 that have been approved and are still unfinished. And there’s over 100 I believe.  The community has already told you what they want and then they told you again on the last survey.  Some of those suggestions would simply take a couple days to complete but for some reason they have not been completed.

I personally just feel that after completing the survey,  a lot of stuff is going to get knocked back like those suggestions. And who knows, maybe after this survey is complete and some of the updates you do, it might contradict some of the suggestions that were approved so I understand that much.

I’m all for the survey if it actually comes into existence and if that’s some thing that FL finally wants to do, I couldn’t be happier and well done. Rooting for it!

The questions on the survey and suggestions are completely different. This is us trying to get an overview of what the community likes about the current gamemode and what they would like to see improved if we pursue a new gamemode. A question on the survey was if people believe suggestions should be wiped and if we do pursue a new gamemode they will likely have to be wiped anyway due to most of them no longer being relevant. I don't get how suggestions have anything to do with the survey apart from the one question asking if we should wipe them.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-31-2021, 12:53 AM)Pollux Wrote:

The questions on the survey and suggestions are completely different. This is us trying to get an overview of what the community likes about the current gamemode and what they would like to see improved if we pursue a new gamemode. A question on the survey was if people believe suggestions should be wiped and if we do pursue a new gamemode they will likely have to be wiped anyway due to most of them no longer being relevant. I don't get how suggestions have anything to do with the survey apart from the one question asking if we should wipe them.

Questioning the suggestions has all the more to do with progress. It’s the exact same reasoning with me bringing up the first survey. They were both approved and promises that weren’t delivered on. Both appear to be growth for the community. It’s sort of to say if the we can’t get a guarantee on suggestions and the first survey to come to life, then why get excited for another survey. 

Making a new gamemode is wonderful if that’s the goal if the community likes it. Then actually put this thing through production. Post screenshots and daily briefs of the littlest detail just so we can see what’s being done. There’s been so many “This is approved but we’re not going to make it” and “This survey is made but we’re going to mainly ignore it” (With the expectation of maybe one or two things. 

This is nothing to get upset with but do know that suggestions being approved and never made will always leave the community skeptical if these big projects will ever actually be made
(03-31-2021, 01:15 AM)Rossi Wrote:

Questioning the suggestions has all the more to do with progress. It’s the exact same reasoning with me bringing up the first survey. They were both approved and promises that weren’t delivered on. Both appear to be growth for the community. It’s sort of to say if the we can’t get a guarantee on suggestions and the first survey to come to life, then why get excited for another survey. 

Making a new gamemode is wonderful if that’s the goal if the community likes it. Then actually put this thing through production. Post screenshots and daily briefs of the littlest detail just so we can see what’s being done. There’s been so many “This is approved but we’re not going to make it” and “This survey is made but we’re going to mainly ignore it” (With the expectation of maybe one or two things. 

This is nothing to get upset with but do know that suggestions being approved and never made will always leave the community skeptical if these big projects will ever actually be made

Approved suggestions aren't promises that were never delivered as they're never promised in the first place. An approved suggestion has pretty much been more of a "this idea is good, we'll look into it" rather than "we're going to 100% add this soon" sort of thing. There are approved suggestions that will probably never be added due to this and it's probably impossible to ever keep up with them all, which isn't really an FL problem it's an issue any large community has. Suggestions in general probably need to have an rethink to it but that's a completely different discussion.

The first survey was done by a completely different development team with a completely different vision and different goals. While nothing was done based on the first survey, the survey itself was flawed and by the time we wanted to take action the data on it was too outdated to be considered reliable. The first survey was more vague and was trying to develop a plan based on responses. This survey is completely different as we already have a plan and we're using the survey to shape and develop it further. The questions on this survey are much more specific than the previous, every question on this one was added because it's something we need to know so we can make a final decision on a feature we already have planned. While yeah it may just be another survey, this one has a completely different goal and purpose than the one last year did and I really wouldn't compare them.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-31-2021, 05:22 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 01:15 AM)Rossi Wrote:

Approved suggestions aren't promises that were never delivered as they're never promised in the first place. An approved suggestion has pretty much been more of a "this idea is good, we'll look into it" rather than "we're going to 100% add this soon" sort of thing. There are approved suggestions that will probably never be added due to this and it's probably impossible to ever keep up with them all, which isn't really an FL problem it's an issue any large community has. Suggestions in general probably need to have an rethink to it but that's a completely different discussion.

The first survey was done by a completely different development team with a completely different vision and different goals. While nothing was done based on the first survey, the survey itself was flawed and by the time we wanted to take action the data on it was too outdated to be considered reliable. The first survey was more vague and was trying to develop a plan based on responses. This survey is completely different as we already have a plan and we're using the survey to shape and develop it further. The questions on this survey are much more specific than the previous, every question on this one was added because it's something we need to know so we can make a final decision on a feature we already have planned. While yeah it may just be another survey, this one has a completely different goal and purpose than the one last year did and I really wouldn't compare them.

I understand and get your point. However I’m not comparing the surveys based on the content of the survey. I’m comparing them as how they came to the community before and nothing really was done. People may be skeptical because the other one wasn’t taken serious when it should have been. 

In a way they sort of are promised as there is a section for “Further review” and when it’s reviewed, it gets accepted which means it’s going to show up on the server. People making a suggestion and majority of the community ruling they want it and for it to just be considered “A suggestion taken into consideration” is in my eyes, sort of silly. If they’re going to be added to the accepted list to just sit and not be acted on, then it’s better to just decline them or advise the community when development for that suggestion will begin or something. 

I know there might be too much to handle, but there is always a way to manage them. Even disabling them to catch up or something. Not heckling the development team either. You all are doing great and I look forward to the outcome of this survey!
Where is new map and bank heists?
Thank you to everyone who completed the survey, we had an amazing range of responses and have already begun processing all of them.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork