Poll: Did you like the event and would you want to repeat it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
11.11%
1 11.11%
No
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

IslandRP Event feedback!
(02-19-2021, 09:37 PM)Blaz Wrote: Worst event I've been too, definitely needs to be thought out more. Amazing dupe, amazing characters. Great idea, just horribly executed. Tunnels were too thin, one person standing still meant everyone behind them drowned. The exit to the tunnel was too tight, I was there for around 4 seconds trying to get through then drowned.

lol who asked
(02-19-2021, 09:37 PM)Blaz Wrote: One of the worst events I've been to, not trying to sound like a dick. Definitely needs to be thought out more. Amazing dupe, amazing characters. Great idea, just horribly executed. Tunnels were too thin, one person standing still meant everyone behind them drowned. The exit to the tunnel was too tight, I was there for around 4 seconds trying to get through then drowned.

Keep in mind this wasted around 20 minutes of everyone's time, two thirds of the entire server drowned in the water cave.

The event ended 5 mins after the cave bit so you didn't miss much.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(02-19-2021, 09:38 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 09:37 PM)Blaz Wrote: One of the worst events I've been to, not trying to sound like a dick. Definitely needs to be thought out more. Amazing dupe, amazing characters. Great idea, just horribly executed. Tunnels were too thin, one person standing still meant everyone behind them drowned. The exit to the tunnel was too tight, I was there for around 4 seconds trying to get through then drowned.

Keep in mind this wasted around 20 minutes of everyone's time, two thirds of the entire server drowned in the water cave.

lol who asked
(02-19-2021, 09:38 PM)Pollux Wrote:

Ah alright. The point still stands though.
[Image: jgUSzW0.png]
Have I helped you or made an epic statement that has blown your mind and turned the tables?
Gimme a sexy lil rep here!
I liked the event for what it was. I think the idea of it was really cool. However, there are a few notes to think of:

The overall build for the island was cool, I would have liked it if it was a little bit bigger though, give us more places to explore. There wasn’t really any survival aspect of the event though we were just guided to the end, I would have liked if we could have scavenged for food or were able to build a shelter.

With the whole water cave incident, I will admit that could have been designed a little better and made it so you didn’t get stuck as much but at the very beginning we was all told to take caution and value our lives. 15+ people rushing into an underwater cave system was not really the smartest play.

Even though it's an event it still requires participants to roleplay to make it work, all I saw from this was people just rushing trying to get to the end, we could have roleplayed a few scenarios out to make the even last longer. For example, once we talked to the fish and learnt the code people just rushed through the door, grabbed the skull from this temple and ran straight to the volcano. When you have to consider 1) This temple could have been filled with booby traps. 2) Would removing the skull have any impacts etc. Same with the Jungle part, people were just running around, there could have been snakes or other things that can kill you.

Overall, though for what the event was it was fun and something different. I wanna see more of these.
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]
The following 1 user Likes Rebdogg's post:
  • Macauley1999
Thanks for the feedback RebelZ. The cave system was actually intended to kill anyone who wasn't careful, I was kind of anticipating/hoping for the mass "murder" if people rushed in like that.

I might try to remake this next month with less players and better planning.
Ultimately it was my fault for not anticipating a lot of factors but I am confident improvements can be made to make it more enjoyable and have a bigger focus on roleplay. Some of you focused on the roleplay aspect; I noticed. I.e. people like Hooter and I think you around the fireplace.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Rebdogg