Chess and Checkers
Title of Suggestion: Chess and Checkers

Description
There is a prebuilt addon for a chess and checkers board. I believe it would be a good addition to misc. items as a purchasable similar to the radio.

Why?
To start let me say that I know this suggestion was made over three years ago and it was met with a decline, and the criticism on it was that we are a roleplay server and not a minigames server + The idea that many people wouldn't know how to use it for roleplay other than tournaments. However, I believe this can have a very healthy benefit to roleplay and has the bonus of being mostly built for us just needing incorporation into the marketplace and possibly another statistic for ranks of best players on the forums. Addon

Now allow me to explain further how it could be a healthy benefit to roleplay, the most commonly everyone would think only tournament rps can come from this. But there are many I can see, old men at the park reminiscing on old times as they bicker amongst each other and the game. A crash course class where people can come in and learn to play chess from the shop's teachers. Rival mafia dons using it as a way to size each other up when they're negotiating peace on both their turfs. Coffee shops and internet cafes with tables, Hotel lobbies where people can play during their vacations while waiting for their tour bus to arrive at 3pm, or even two gambling addicts that's never touched a pawn in their life but cant help but quench the thirst for winning a bit of money. These are only a few pier to pier roleplays I could come up with I know there could also be many others.

I can also see this item as an opportunity to create some good events, the most obvious being chess competitions but I think if we added a Statistic for each players EOL it would allow for much more depth we could have entry, intermediate pro and top level player tournaments for the server. RPs like two of the server's best competing and its televised to the city, talk shows could have them on as guest the top players could host their "masterclasses". Yes we do already have giant props to play chess with but I believe incorporating something like this could add a lot of depth to the server similar to what our blackjack command has aloud us to do.
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
I can’t play chess.. but sure why not. +support
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
+support I love this on HL2RP, don't see why FL can't have it.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
+support because it's chess
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
+support

In addition, this could also add to the gambling element of the game. Bet cash and see who wins.
[Image: jgUSzW0.png]
Have I helped you or made an epic statement that has blown your mind and turned the tables?
Gimme a sexy lil rep here!
The following 1 user Likes Blaz's post:
  • Ludo
+Support!
Approved
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

Done