Character Introduction System
(01-22-2021, 07:49 PM)Kingstone Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:36 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:18 PM)Panda Wrote: How long will this test go on for?

2/3 years till server is 0/50 and called PolluxRP. Smile

I like how you still blame Pollux for this when I'm the one who took initiative, and also coded the update. Blame me! KingstoneRP confirmed.

I actually even -supported the suggestion for adding this lol, but no apparently it's all me doing what I want. I'm willing to accept it as it's something the community wants, I don't think any of us expects everyone to like this but it's really not that big of a change - you just can't see jobs and names unless someone recognizes you. There really isn't that many downsides and the potential for massively improved roleplay (especially undercover) so it is being trialed. I don't see how some certain people are making a big issue out of it.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I personally don't like this update, I feel like it will completely change the feel of CityRP as we know it. The gamemode will feel less friendly and I have personally avoided playing on servers that take this approach in the past, to me it just has a cold and unfriendly feeling to it. I have a feeling FL will get fewer new players with this serious approach, it will be way harder for a new player to get used to the gamemode as they would have no idea how to do anything on the server - How will they know how to get food, medication, guns, etc.
It is in theory metagaming to know other people's jobs and being able to PM people by looking at their job on the scoreboard, but has this honestly been a big problem in the past?

I see quite a few arguments about this improving undercover RP etc, but that could be handled another way than forcing such a seriousRP-like feature on the players. It could easily be made when you equip specific items, your job appearance would change accordingly - Use Police Uniform and appear as a police officer, go undercover as police and you would appear as a Citizen, etc.

I think it is an awful approach to remove things such as K/D from the scoreboard, it feels like it is done in an attempt to annoy aggressive players. I doubt K/D being on the scoreboard has bothered anyone, it is a standard thing for most servers to display, and don't see any reason for it to be removed. I personally don't care about K/D being shown, but I know it is 'important' for some players.

Big respect @'Kingstone', as far as I can see, you don't go in full self-defense mode when people criticize the things you make, other people could learn from you.
The following 11 users Like Rylund's post:
  • Ryan, Joe Joe, Zecon, Eclipze, Panda, Jordy, EAGLE:), Jimmy The, Kpred, DankNukem, Bulldogg
This update is nearly laughable talk about pollox getting his own way. Fair play to him tbf cause he does not give one fuck after already ruining aggrp and what’s he done again ruined it even more hahaha ace
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
The following 3 users Like Cox's post:
  • Jimmy The, EAGLE:), Bulldogg
(01-22-2021, 09:25 PM)Cox Wrote: This update is nearly laughable talk about pollox getting his own way. Fair play to him tbf cause he does not give one fuck after already ruining aggrp and what’s he done again ruined it even more hahaha ace

(01-22-2021, 08:44 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:49 PM)Kingstone Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:36 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:18 PM)Panda Wrote: How long will this test go on for?

2/3 years till server is 0/50 and called PolluxRP. Smile

I like how you still blame Pollux for this when I'm the one who took initiative, and also coded the update. Blame me! KingstoneRP confirmed.

I actually even -supported the suggestion for adding this lol, but no apparently it's all me doing what I want. I'm willing to accept it as it's something the community wants, I don't think any of us expects everyone to like this but it's really not that big of a change - you just can't see jobs and names unless someone recognizes you. There really isn't that many downsides and the potential for massively improved roleplay (especially undercover) so it is being trialed. I don't see how some certain people are making a big issue out of it.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
ngl i enjoyed this server because when I joined, it was actually semi-serious. next it'll be you gotta craft your gun

now i can't even see who's hacking Sad

nice update, can see lots of hard work has gone into it, just dont think its for the right community
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BasicallyMental's post:
  • Jimmy The, gin
(01-22-2021, 10:56 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: ngl i enjoyed this server because when I joined, it was actually semi-serious. next it'll be you gotta craft your gun

now i can't even see who's hacking Sad

nice update, can see lots of hard work has gone into it, just dont think its for the right community

Next update you'll have to put the bullets into the mags, if you shoot the gun for too long it overheats so need it to cool down, need to go to toilet every 15mins, chance to trip over, if you get shot in leg you fall to ground with a broken leg.

Can't wait
The following 2 users Like Jimmy The's post:
  • gin, Pollux
I am confident problems areas Etc. etc. will be modified and made better over time. Remember this is only the first iteration

Great update!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 6 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Dez, Lewwings, gin, Pollux, max., Ludo
i cant even screenshot my 5 to 10 KD this is depressing GMOD is not installed and there is so much better things to do than FL as its just going further and further in the wrong directions what next? The N word gets banned? oh wait it already is SMH!
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • gin
epic!

Great update Smile
[Image: 0SSh1TN.png]
I don’t play anymore so what do I know?

What I do know is that FL has an amazing development team that has its flaws ofc, no dev team is perfect but an update like this reduces meta gaming to nearly zero and looks unique to FL. Sure what makes FL is all the semi serious options but there is also something called “Change” I know a lot are opposed to change and then for some reason bring up limelight and say they did this and it killed them.

Then bring up Monolith who currently has this system and gets 128 players every day. Can’t use another community to compare as one is majorly successful and the other is dead. Doesn’t make sense. None the less, give it a chance. Has issues? Everyone hates it? Either it’ll be fixed or removed. No one said this was permanent.

There’s even a discussion thread made by Kingstone for feedback. Discuss as a community on what fits for everyone. The foundation of the update was coded and released, now it’s time for the community to get involved and agree on changes for the better. There doesn’t need to be all the drama
The following 2 users Like Rossi's post:
  • Pollux, Luna