Character Introduction System
Reading through these comments is pretty funny.

People love to pull the semi-serious card when it's relevant for them but if it was a real serious server you wouldn't have anything floating above the player's head at all, you'd have to memorise their face or voice, you wouldn't know who is talking which is why this is semi serious.

Just like how an update like this will drive some of you away, this kind of update will bring forward players who are looking for something like this. Stop being so stubborn and give it a go.

You aggressive RPers are all the same and honestly it's a joke to even add the phrase "roleplay" to the kind of aggressive "roleplay" you guys do. This is Fearless ROLEPLAY not Fearless DEATHMATCH, real aggressive roleplay would use system like this to have a mafia member have to interrogate someone and beat them in order to get information out of them, not just meta game and then frag them for that precious K/D absolutely no one gives a shit about.

Just my two cents Smile
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 6 users Like Broccoli's post:
  • TASSIA, Luna, Pollux, gin, De CodeerHeer, Alphaverse
(01-24-2021, 01:05 AM)Broccoli Wrote: Reading through these comments is pretty funny.

People love to pull the semi-serious card when it's relevant for them but if it was a real serious server you wouldn't have anything floating above the player's head at all, you'd have to memorise their face or voice, you wouldn't know who is talking which is why this is semi serious.

Just like how an update like this will drive some of you away, this kind of update will bring forward players who are looking for something like this. Stop being so stubborn and give it a go.

You aggressive RPers are all the same and honestly it's a joke to even add the phrase "roleplay" to the kind of aggressive "roleplay" you guys do. This is Fearless ROLEPLAY not Fearless DEATHMATCH, real aggressive roleplay would use system like this to have a mafia member have to interrogate someone and beat them in order to get information out of them, not just meta game and then frag them for that precious K/D absolutely no one gives a shit about.

Just my two cents Smile

Excuse me? I very much like to flex with my 0.67 KD on FL.
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer
The following 3 users Like TASSIA's post:
  • Broccoli, Pollux, Rossi
The real fun thing is their poll on this was made when the servers where dead and hardly anyone played and wouldn’t matter if something happened, but people actually play now and I’m almost certain this update will get a big fat “remove” from the community, yes metagaming was a problem but that’s just how it was, instead you could do that if someone puts on a police uniform they actually get added to the police scoreboard and their job title gets put to police and they can listen in on the radio and such. Big problem with meta is basically just the 12 yr old kids that read your job title when they’re cops, overall it’s not a friendly look when you join in and it certainly removes what CityRP used to be. FL is known for its things and you just removed a big part of it even though people broke rules over it. And I also saw how one dev said it was impossible to prove someone metagamed, which is absolutely false, say for example you put on a stolen police uniform and then 6 seconds later you get arrested, if you record you can obviously show that the person wouldn’t know jack shit about you being a fake cop and then you could make a PR. That seems to be the biggest reason for this update. Anyways I’ve had my rant
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:76958346&b=1]
Instead you could’ve brought back beta testers, put them in a server and put this update up and asked them is this good, yes/no and then listened to them, tweaked it until it was completely done, shown it off to the community and said “would you ever want this on fl” instead of a vague ass poll that described jack shit, really love the effort but not for this community
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:76958346&b=1]
The following 1 user Likes DankNukem's post:
  • Self
(01-24-2021, 01:05 AM)Broccoli Wrote: Reading through these comments is pretty funny.

Just my two cents Smile

Very professional comment from a developer about the aggressive player base on the server. You mention when we aggressive roleplayers add the word roleplay that it is a joke? Why do we get treated like this? Staff wonder why we have such loud voices on the matter. We've been waiting for some sort of update to help us aggressive roleplay to a proper standard for months and months. I'm pretty sure GHOSTK1LL3R wrote up a whole thread for you lot when he was staff and it got shoved over to the side. Your entire comment has just proved you hate the aggressive players on the server and you wonder why a lot of us just run around and shoot people as their isn't those suggestions we've asked for being implemented to help make our aggressive roleplay a lot more immersive and fun to do.

When you mention the semi-serious pulling of the card all we are saying is it's way too much more serious for FL. How do you expect a new player joining the server or an old player from a years ago to adapt to this update and understand it? Previous to this update that is what defined FL the way you could look at someone and interact with them and know well that guy is a gun dealer or that guy is a rebel. This gave new players joining a knowledge on whos who and what jobs are on the server etc. Obviously, if you were to use this information in the wrong way it would be classed as metagaming but the old character introduction system worked better in my opinion, and don't believe this whole update was worth it to tackle metagaming.

In addition to all this, I would like to add that the scoreboard needs a bit of work as it does not look aesthetically pleasing at all however I really do respect the dev teams work rate and effort.

Why were beta-testers ever removed those people stopped this kinda thing from happeneing also?

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
The following 2 users Like Jordy's post:
  • Jimmy The, Flame..
(01-24-2021, 12:37 PM)Jordy Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 01:05 AM)Broccoli Wrote: -----

Very professional comment from a developer about the aggressive player base on the server. You mention when we aggressive roleplayers add the word roleplay that it is a joke? Why do we get treated like this? Staff wonder why we have such loud voices on the matter. We've been waiting for some sort of update to help us aggressive roleplay to a proper standard for months and months. I'm pretty sure GHOSTK1LL3R wrote up a whole thread for you lot when he was staff and it got shoved over to the side. Your entire comment has just proved you hate the aggressive players on the server and you wonder why a lot of us just run around and shoot people as their isn't those suggestions we've asked for being implemented to help make our aggressive roleplay a lot more immersive and fun to do.

When you mention the semi-serious pulling of the card all we are saying is it's way too much more serious for FL. How do you expect a new player joining the server or an old player from a years ago to adapt to this update and understand it? Previous to this update that is what defined FL the way you could look at someone and interact with them and know well that guy is a gun dealer or that guy is a rebel. This gave new players joining a knowledge on whos who and what jobs are on the server etc. Obviously, if you were to use this information in the wrong way it would be classed as metagaming but the old character introduction system worked better in my opinion, and don't believe this whole update was worth it to tackle metagaming.

In addition to all this, I would like to add that the scoreboard needs a bit of work as it does not look aesthetically pleasing at all however I really do respect the dev teams work rate and effort.

You guys have obtained the reputation and hatred yourselves, I'm just speaking my mind about it. And you guys really need to make up your mind because you always complain about how the aggressive scene gets no attention but whenever an update for them gets pushed it then gets tons of heat and needs to be reverted and I will bet my life savings that if we pushed an update you guys are looking for there would be some way for you guys to bring it down in some way.

People who look to join roleplay communities and Fearless aren't babies they don't need their hand held in on something like this as this will be what they get used to, you might find it hard to adapt to because you're used to the old system but it doesn't mean they will find it a challenge.

And in reality lets ask ourselves what this will actually hinder from your everyday experience killing people, it's not like you look at someone's name and description intensely before you kill them and are sad now that it's gone.

But for the love of God I'm so sick of people hesitant to change and saying stuff like "it's not broke so don't fix it" because in reality, Fearless is a game, meta changes, things change for the good or for the bad.
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 1 user Likes Broccoli's post:
  • Pollux

Just my two cents Smile

Why were beta-testers ever removed those people stopped this kinda thing from happeneing also?

I got approval to work on the scoreboard recently, it will be revamped as we all agree it doesn't look that good. It wasn't revamped for this update because it isn't really a priority due to it just being a small visual thing.

Beta-testers weren't an approval group, they were just used to make sure an update works after it was done. If the beta-tester team existed they would've been helpful to further test and give feedback but they wouldn't have decided if the update was going to be added or not. I did ask about them a while ago but was told management doesn't want to bring them back due to it becoming a small exclusive group with cool things, which I do agree with as it was a bit weird during its first iteration.

I'm not going to directly reply to everything else you said but do keep in mind it really doesn't help that some of the aggRP players are the most toxic ones in the community and do nothing but shit on anything they can in the most aggressive way possible. It's not all of you and I feel bad for the ones who aren't toxic, but I'm sure you can see why the hardcore aggRP side in general has a bad reputation compared to everyone else. That reputation affects a lot more than you may realise, it's why you guys don't get as many updates and a lot of other things.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-24-2021, 12:57 PM)Broccoli Wrote:

------

You guys have obtained the reputation and hatred yourselves, I'm just speaking my mind about it. And you guys really need to make up your mind because you always complain about how the aggressive scene gets no attention but whenever an update for them gets pushed it then gets tons of heat and needs to be reverted and I will bet my life savings that if we pushed an update you guys are looking for there would be some way for you guys to bring it down in some way.

https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=97310

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
Looks all good for me but that scoreboard is so ugly tbh..
(01-24-2021, 12:57 PM)Broccoli Wrote:

People who look to join roleplay communities and Fearless aren't babies they don't need their hand held in on something like this as this will be what they get used to, you might find it hard to adapt to because you're used to the old system but it doesn't mean they will find it a challenge.

And in reality lets ask ourselves what this will actually hinder from your everyday experience killing people, it's not like you look at someone's name and description intensely before you kill them and are sad now that it's gone.

But for the love of God I'm so sick of people hesitant to change and saying stuff like "it's not broke so don't fix it" because in reality, Fearless is a game, meta changes, things change for the good or for the bad.

ok the aggressiveRP gets no attention... guns change and new kevlar update.... what 'hardcore aggressiveRP'r' asked for this???

i'd personally like to see bank heist, contraband, new ways for players to actually engage and RP in aggressiveRP and make money. Not to change the whole gameplay aspect. I don't knock developer work, it's voluntary and a massive boost to the server, but with all due respect those updates have done more bad than good for the aggressiveRP scene which has largely impacted the playerbase. It's actually frustrating and really brain hurting to see these changes haven't been reverted. stop pussy footing around and just change it back already and acc listen to ur community

but hey that's just my 2 cents!!!!!!