Character Introduction System
Please remove.
[Image: fyBYJXx.png]
The following 1 user Likes Misterbobbie's post:
  • EAGLE:)
(01-22-2021, 09:16 PM)Rylund Wrote: I personally don't like this update, I feel like it will completely change the feel of CityRP as we know it. The gamemode will feel less friendly and I have personally avoided playing on servers that take this approach in the past, to me it just has a cold and unfriendly feeling to it. I have a feeling FL will get fewer new players with this serious approach, it will be way harder for a new player to get used to the gamemode as they would have no idea how to do anything on the server - How will they know how to get food, medication, guns, etc.
It is in theory metagaming to know other people's jobs and being able to PM people by looking at their job on the scoreboard, but has this honestly been a big problem in the past?

I see quite a few arguments about this improving undercover RP etc, but that could be handled another way than forcing such a seriousRP-like feature on the players. It could easily be made when you equip specific items, your job appearance would change accordingly - Use Police Uniform and appear as a police officer, go undercover as police and you would appear as a Citizen, etc.

I think it is an awful approach to remove things such as K/D from the scoreboard, it feels like it is done in an attempt to annoy aggressive players. I doubt K/D being on the scoreboard has bothered anyone, it is a standard thing for most servers to display, and don't see any reason for it to be removed. I personally don't care about K/D being shown, but I know it is 'important' for some players.

Big respect @'Kingstone', as far as I can see, you don't go in full self-defense mode when people criticize the things you make, other people could learn from you.

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
Well done @Kingstone! For years and years we had the issue of meta-gaming. This will actually bring the purpose back for making shops and adverting your stock. Instead of taking a look at the scoreboard and ringing the person up for a deal. It promotes passive roleplay, and puts the danger back in aggressive roleplay. Even though it's a first release, and some things have got to be improved or ironed out, it's a nice start and a big step.

I'm glad we finally got around to start developing community made suggestions. And this is a nice one to kick off with. Thanks to everyone who got involved during development and the testers.
The following 3 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Ludo, Haarek, Pollux
(01-22-2021, 09:16 PM)Rylund Wrote: I personally don't like this update, I feel like it will completely change the feel of CityRP as we know it. The gamemode will feel less friendly and I have personally avoided playing on servers that take this approach in the past, to me it just has a cold and unfriendly feeling to it. I have a feeling FL will get fewer new players with this serious approach, it will be way harder for a new player to get used to the gamemode as they would have no idea how to do anything on the server - How will they know how to get food, medication, guns, etc.
It is in theory metagaming to know other people's jobs and being able to PM people by looking at their job on the scoreboard, but has this honestly been a big problem in the past?

I see quite a few arguments about this improving undercover RP etc, but that could be handled another way than forcing such a seriousRP-like feature on the players. It could easily be made when you equip specific items, your job appearance would change accordingly - Use Police Uniform and appear as a police officer, go undercover as police and you would appear as a Citizen, etc.

I think it is an awful approach to remove things such as K/D from the scoreboard, it feels like it is done in an attempt to annoy aggressive players. I doubt K/D being on the scoreboard has bothered anyone, it is a standard thing for most servers to display, and don't see any reason for it to be removed. I personally don't care about K/D being shown, but I know it is 'important' for some players.

Big respect @'Kingstone', as far as I can see, you don't go in full self-defense mode when people criticize the things you make, other people could learn from you.

They do updates like removing K/D because they know they own the admin/SA team and they'll do nothing to them. They know it pisses us players like me and the AggRP'ers off who shit on them for the updates they do with the intention of making it harder for us to do what we enjoy.

I've never met a community where the developers punk out the owner/admin team other than FL. It's honestly funny, The only decision the developers could do to get Divey to step in would be removing player models but I guess they know that would be suicide.
Good work Kingstone! I like the update but the K/D should be re added to the scoreboard. I feel like many players like to see how many kills they've had, especially the aggressive players. 

I appreciate any update that is made by the development team because Fearless has lacked updates recently. However, I hope the team listen to the complaints and benefits after the testing phase, to make sure it's fit for the community needs.

Great work mate!

(01-23-2021, 03:28 PM)Molyneux481 Wrote: Good work Kingstone! I like the update but the K/D should be re added to the scoreboard. I feel like many players like to see how many kills they've had, especially the aggressive players. 

I appreciate any update that is made by the development team because Fearless has lacked updates recently. However, I hope the team listen to the complaints and benefits after the testing phase, to make sure it's fit for the community needs.

Great work mate!

I want to reintroduce K/D measuring on a seperate clan leaderboard system.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 2 users Like gin's post:
  • Steven8ken, Molyneux481
I was on the server today and really disliked the scoreboard. I love the in game features but the scoreboard should remain the same. It's OOC after all. The current look is ugly and confusing, especially if you're a new player.

The following 3 users Like Molyneux481's post:
  • Steven8ken, gin, Eclipze
(01-23-2021, 06:20 PM)Molyneux481 Wrote: I was on the server today and really disliked the scoreboard. I love the in game features but the scoreboard should remain the same. It's OOC after all. The current look is ugly and confusing, especially if you're a new player.

Hey, bear in mind we're going to revamp the scoreboard and make it look a lot nicer.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 1 user Likes gin's post:
  • Molyneux481
(01-23-2021, 05:01 PM)Kingstone Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 03:28 PM)Molyneux481 Wrote: Good work Kingstone! I like the update but the K/D should be re added to the scoreboard. I feel like many players like to see how many kills they've had, especially the aggressive players. 

Great work mate!

As much as everyone appreciates the updates.

”I want” shouldn’t really come into play. Community should be the ones deciding if they want the KD ratio, in my opinion.
(01-23-2021, 07:31 PM)Falc Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 05:01 PM)Kingstone Wrote:

Great work mate!

As much as everyone appreciates the updates.

”I want” shouldn’t really come into play. Community should be the ones deciding if they want the KD ratio, in my opinion.

We acted on data for this one too, majority voted against K/D on the scoreboard but the margin was a lot smaller - which is why it's going to be tried in a different form.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork