Poll: kev
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bring back old system
53.52%
38 53.52%
Keep current system
9.86%
7 9.86%
Modify current system
36.62%
26 36.62%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[VOTE] KEVLAR
(01-20-2021, 07:45 PM)JoshZ Wrote: I mean this new system has been a joke, imagine changing something which has been perfectly optimised for nearly 8 years now.

Optimised is not the right word to use for the old system.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-21-2021, 10:21 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 07:45 PM)JoshZ Wrote: I mean this new system has been a joke, imagine changing something which has been perfectly optimised for nearly 8 years now.

this current system is dog and you said urself u did no testing. the old system is so much better and suits FL. What was the motivation to change it anyway?
(01-21-2021, 09:23 AM)Yonno Wrote: The whole fact that kevlar vests are so directly attached to mining is silly to me, it should just be a consumable item and you can just buy new ones from the BMD.

Why would you prefer to promote people to gather their own materials looking at rocks with no stimulation for player interaction over buying the items from a merchant job, which sole purpose is to interact with players?

The original plan probably was to create a player market for scrap metal. People mine the stuff, but instead of just selling them to the NPC, they could sell it to other players. So in that sense, it sounds reasonable.

You can quickly buy new ones from BMDs or if you want to save money you could buy scrap metal. Or collect broken kevlars, repair them and sell them.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • Pollux
(01-21-2021, 11:56 AM)TheSiphon Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 09:23 AM)Yonno Wrote: The whole fact that kevlar vests are so directly attached to mining is silly to me, it should just be a consumable item and you can just buy new ones from the BMD.

Why would you prefer to promote people to gather their own materials looking at rocks with no stimulation for player interaction over buying the items from a merchant job, which sole purpose is to interact with players?

The original plan probably was to create a player market for scrap metal. People mine the stuff, but instead of just selling them to the NPC, they could sell it to other players. So in that sense, it sounds reasonable.

You can quickly buy new ones from BMDs or if you want to save money you could buy scrap metal. Or collect broken kevlars, repair them and sell them.

yeah but u go through them so quick. If your a new player you will not be able to compete with players like me with money. 5k per shipment and I go through about 10 in just 1 raid. It’s a horrible system 

I think revert it to the original system, but drop on death so u can still mine scrap metal to repair broken ones you found 

also people are votin to modify the system, do you have any suggestions cuz I thought some of u don’t even play the server?
Admittedly I have never actually used the new kevlar but judging from what I've read here I see definite room for improvement. Specifically in the repair, durability, mining and purchasing area.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(01-21-2021, 11:15 AM)Mr. Mackey Wrote:

this current system is dog and you said urself u did no testing. the old system is so much better and suits FL. What was the motivation to change it anyway?

The kevlar system was tested well and works fine, the bit that wasn't tested as much was gProtect and the word filter as they were last minute additions. It was changed due to bug reports of the old system not working, so we decided to try this instead.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-21-2021, 01:04 PM)Pollux Wrote:

The kevlar system was tested well and works fine, the bit that wasn't tested as much was gProtect and the word filter as they were last minute additions. It was changed due to bug reports of the old system not working, so we decided to try this instead.

your killing aggressiveRP man it’s like talking to a brick wall no offence
(01-21-2021, 03:02 PM)Mr. Mackey Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 01:04 PM)Pollux Wrote:

your killing aggressiveRP man it’s like talking to a brick wall no offence

That's your opinion.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
You won’t get through to Pollux just keep letting the server die
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
(01-21-2021, 03:50 PM)Cox Wrote: You won’t get through to Pollux just keep letting the server die

If Pollux was American he'd be a trump supporter with the logic he uses and the hypocritical statements he makes.