What happened to admins with cocjk
We definitely lack consistency at the moment. In the past, teams were much stricter and harsher, which isn't necessarily a good thing, however it was quite consistent.

Mistakes shouldn't be punished harshly, we could potentially benefit from a warning system of sorts, just so records are kept in case of repeat offenders.

It's often case by case, some people can be really tricky, and in my eyes, they are the ones that deserve the harsher punishments.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 5 users Like Conn's post:
  • Steven8ken, Jessixa, Pollux, Edned, Joe Joe
(01-22-2021, 08:54 AM)DankNukem Wrote: What most admins do now is teach people of their mistakes rather than take action, for the better or for the worse. There's forgiving admins and then there's the more harsher ones. Personally teaching the player about what they did wrong is better rather than just straight up banning them. And if its continuous and the player doesn't learn from their mistakes the admins take action

no i got my weapons blacklist for shooting someone in a @ sit, why wasn't i shown the rules then?!??

But on a more serious note, the staff team seem pretty incompetent ngl
[Image: f8f0ed93936736f2ae4c735f1edc05ed.png]
(01-22-2021, 11:51 AM)Panda Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 08:54 AM)DankNukem Wrote: What most admins do now is teach people of their mistakes rather than take action, for the better or for the worse. There's forgiving admins and then there's the more harsher ones. Personally teaching the player about what they did wrong is better rather than just straight up banning them. And if its continuous and the player doesn't learn from their mistakes the admins take action

I agree. I did it on a player to player basis, if they were just outright minging I would punish them accordingly but if there was a player who made a genuine mistake, you explain what they did wrong, tell them to give the rules a read before they play again, warn them that if they break another rule that they will be punished.

Yes, this. Feels like panda needs to come back to teach some admins how to be admins, not pointing fingers Wink
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:76958346&b=1]

The problem IMO is mostly with the inconsistent blacklists. From my small time on the server (30hours) I have seen several punishments being given out for the same offence: just head over to the player report and read the reports on RDM.

Some admins give you 1 hour of blacklist for each player you killed
Other admins give your 2-3 hours of blacklist for RDM
Sometimes, just a warning is given out. 

Like I expected there to be some guideline on the punishments given out but it seems some admins just spin a wheel of punishment and see what it ends on. Kinda like in avatar if anyone remembers.
[Image: 6rjHWyK.png]
(01-22-2021, 01:32 PM)Ghost Wrote:

no i got my weapons blacklist for shooting someone in a @ sit, why wasn't i shown the rules then?!??

But on a more serious note, the staff team seem pretty incompetent ngl

... Ghost u where admin before and you have like 2000+ hours? It feels at that point that you should’ve known not to kill someone in a sit
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:76958346&b=1]
(01-22-2021, 05:24 PM)WhyPhy Wrote:

The problem IMO is mostly with the inconsistent blacklists. From my small time on the server (30hours) I have seen several punishments being given out for the same offence: just head over to the player report and read the reports on RDM.

Like I expected there to be some guideline on the punishments given out but it seems some admins just spin a wheel of punishment and see what it ends on. Kinda like in avatar if anyone remembers.

From my own experience, each issue is dealt with on a case-by-case basis. You take several things into account:

- The player's hours
- The player's attitude
- Past dealings with the player during that day (any previous warnings)
- Past bans/blacklists.

A player who has a few hours play time, no previous ban/bl history isn't going to receive the same punishment as someone who has thousands of hours and a history as that wouldn't be fair. The more experienced player knows better.
The following 9 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Kpred, RoCKy, Rylund, DankNukem, Steven8ken, Marty, Conn, MasterNoda, RedPanda
(01-22-2021, 07:12 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 05:24 PM)WhyPhy Wrote:

From my own experience, each issue is dealt with on a case-by-case basis. You take several things into account:

- The player's hours
- The player's attitude
- Past dealings with the player during that day (any previous warnings)
- Past bans/blacklists.

A player who has a few hours play time, no previous ban/bl history isn't going to receive the same punishment as someone who has thousands of hours and a history as that wouldn't be fair. The more experienced player knows better.

From what i've seen it doesn't really work like that anymore. The staff have become lazy and cant be assed dealing with the sits and simply go of the words of another player. For example, I have nothing against tomo, but i shot him from a distance, he flew over and i blamed agorith when he didn't do it and he just blacklisted him for me breaking the rules lol 

in reality the staff team are lacking a leader, i honestly can't pick someone from looking at the staff team with some of the interactions i've had from the staff and say that they want to change FL and speak up when things are going to shit.
[Image: f8f0ed93936736f2ae4c735f1edc05ed.png]
(01-22-2021, 05:24 PM)WhyPhy Wrote: it seems some admins just spin a wheel of punishment and see what it ends on. Kinda like in avatar if anyone remembers.

[Image: dd0.jpg]
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 5 users Like Haarek's post:
  • WhyPhy, max., DankNukem, Marty, Lewwings
Best thing will always be people who want good staff members but complain when an admin sit takes too long because the handling admin is currently checking the logs again to make sure everything is correct before issuing a punishment. That kind of pressure coming from annoyed and inpatient people put pressure on the team. Perhaps give them some time dealing with a case and have patience.
(01-29-2021, 12:25 AM)Strange Neo Wrote: Best thing will always be people who want good staff members but complain when an admin sit takes too long because the handling admin is currently checking the logs again to make sure everything is correct before issuing a punishment. That kind of pressure coming from annoyed and inpatient people put pressure on the team. Perhaps give them some time dealing with a case and have patience.
Badmin
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
The following 1 user Likes RoCKy's post:
  • Strange Neo