EA lost exclusive rights to Star Wars, open-world Star Wars game from Ubisoft
EA's exclusivity deal, which was supposed to run until 2023, got dissolved early. Apparently, Disney and Lucasfilms Games want to go in a different direction and start a new era of Star Wars games. The VP of Lucasfilms Games also said that Ubisoft is going to be working on a story-driven, open-world Star Wars game. 

I think the news is overall really good. The Star Wars IP is now open for other developers to create games for, which means that we'll be getting more games with different styles of gameplay. Though I am a bit skeptical of the Ubisoft Star Wars game, hopefully, it'll focus on gameplay content rather than microtransactions. It could go either way since Ubisoft might want to prove themselves with the new IP or just cash in on the Star Wars money. 

Opening up the IP is definitely good news, but what do you think about the Ubisoft game?

Also related to Lucasfilms IPs, Bethesda is creating an Indiana Jones game, which is kinda surprising. 

[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
Did see this, quite nice to have some of it taken off EA as they haven't done the greatest job. Will be nice to see what these game studios can come up with but with Ubisofts record for games on release I pray they don't mess it up.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<