A Pickle for the Knowing Ones (serious)
Just dont break the rules and you wont have to go through the process of UBRs etc. 9 times out of 10 having a calm attitude in a sit and speaking to a staff member you can persuade them to see your side of the story and stop receiving a punishment.

-Removed by Steven8ken
Dont break the rules and be nice to admins doesn't really solve the problem
[Image: fc5d486605e9927d1db6571ea04f89bf.png]
The following 1 user Likes Fry's post:
  • Cygnus
I think that the banned user should be able to decide if they should be unbanned that would be the most unbiased method.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 4 users Like Panda's post:
  • Steven8ken, Birdy6006, Adamantite, Awestruck
I like the idea of another Admin responding to UBR/UBLRs I don't think it would be too hard to change aswell. But as said previously there are certain situations where it's clear that they broke the rules thus meaning an invalid UBR so I see no problem in denying the request.
Fearless Veteran 8^)
Some instances I think another staff member should deal with UBR’s if they’re the banning staff member, however sometimes it’s pretty much impossible for a different admin to take up a UBR as they did not witness the rule breakage.

If it’s not a recent ban I do think you should be allowed to request for a different staff member outside the incident to take up the UBR. Just as a sort of decency for the player.

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
I say we make Tomo handle all the UBRs. Only fair
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Steven8ken
(12-18-2020, 07:34 PM)Fry Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 07:02 PM)Awestruck Wrote: The banning admin, who is promoted based on the fact they will be objective and unbias, usually has full understanding of the situation and can therefore deal with it appropriately. Misconduct or abuse can be reported.

8 times out of 10, your UBR will be denied unless you can provide solid proof you didn't break the rules.

Awestruck thank you for your quick and explanatory reply. However! There are many issues with this system.

1. The admin who unbanned you is going to have an inherent bias to uphold his own decision lest he be made out a fool!
  2. Giving admins the potential to close cases they're already linked to gives them the chance to sweep these things under the rug! Although I have no proof, I wonder how many times this has happened and the banned individual could not be bothered to report it!
  3. Why is it the role of the accused to show there are not in the wrong, what happened to innocent before proven guilty!
  4. Why do we assume admins will always be objective and unbiased! Many times this has been shown not to be true (not to mention the recent removal of an admin whose name shall not be mentioned!) as by the staggering amount of staff reports!
  5. You are right! Misconduct can be reported, but it not always is! Staff reports take a lot of time, and most people cannot be bothered! By kicking the bucket of potential staff abuse down the road, we allow potential abuses of power to go unnoticed!

[Image: eZHFmy4.png]
[Image: 75Zj4lg.png]
[Image: AuNJqaG.png]
[Image: NFbpm6c.png]
Whenever I've been admin on servers they've never let you take your own sits for obvious bias reasons.

Not sure why this semi-DarkRP server wants to put it on a pedestal and pretend its staff are perfect?

An example is that the average player is REQUIRED to have video evidence, but an administrator is not. You do not need any verification as staff.
(12-18-2020, 09:29 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: Just dont break the rules and you wont have to go through the process of UBRs etc. 9 times out of 10 having a calm attitude in a sit and speaking to a staff member you can persuade them to see your side of the story and stop receiving a punishment.

ur right bro staff never make mistakes haha
[Image: gOJAT43.png]
[Image: fjKxtue.png]
wonder who that nice guy in the above image is :flushed:
[Image: VCKJxE5.png]

And ofc they can be trusted to never bias against any user
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: 1MjVh09.png]
spooky cyguns
Of course sometimes an Admin will make a genuine mistake when punishing someone, no-one said they don't. If an Admin is too prideful to see that, they shouldn't really be an admin and should be reported to an SA as soon as possible as it's not a trait we look for.

If you have a genuine concern about admin misconduct or abuse, use the Admin Abuse section of the Forums. It's proven useful, especially when I was SA.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
As a very experienced player and fine, upstanding member of this establishment. They banned you, likely because they saw you break the rules.

If there is context or things aren't always as they seem, that's where the UBR comes in, it then gives that admin a further chance to consider:

1. What they already know from the actual ban itself.

2. Any new evidence provided. If there isn't any new evidence then that admins decision would stand.

3. The opportunity for a witness statement if involved that was perhaps not considered at the time of the ban.

All said and done however, don't break the rules you won't get banned.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 3 users Like Marty's post:
  • Awestruck, Steven8ken, MasterNoda