Taxi58
Your Name: Cygnus

Accused Staff Member: Taxi58

Involved users
Bobby Hill, FishTreeDogWorm, Wolfy, Taxi58 (aforementioned), Me

Date & Time (GMT): 5/11/20 @ 20:00 GMT

Abuse of Power? and/or Infringement of the rules?
Infringement of the rules

Explanation and Evidence
Me and my friends were repairing our car at the Outer BP, as Taxi58 and his friend Wolfy rolls up. We had previously killed Wolfy at the exact same location, and I believe he was angry that we did so he returned later for no other reason but to kill us.

As Taxi58 and his friend rolled up, they drove away at first whilst our friend were pointing our guns at them, probably scared. They then return from a different angle, this time they get out of the car, UNARMED and I point my gun at them. As I do this, they shortly after grab their own firearms out attempting to initiate FearRP. Assuming they were gonna say that I pulled my gun out last, I open fire as they pulled guns out on me.

Taxi58 also had his job at the time as Unemployed and had it as so for a while, and had it a while after as well despite working with someone with a seperate group name: "Shmicki Family". It is expected from an admin to be able to switch their job before ganging up with someone else.

Video attached.

[Image: Ek50AV9.gif]

Remember that infractions that would result in bans are instant demotion for the staff member. There is no way they were this eager to pick up guns on us for no reason knowing exactly where we were.

I doubt it was pure coincidence they just happened to show up with full rifles for a second time.
Hi Cygnus,

Apologies for the delay on getting to this Admin Abuse Report involving Toe Shmicki.

This is just a message to let you know it is now in review.

Kind Regards,
Ed & FL Management Team
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
Hello Cygnus!

The reason we arrived with weapons is because you and your friends mugged Wolfy at the lake not long before this happened, not sure why you decided to leave this part out of the story. Our goal with this was to find you and steal the money back from you and then get out of there. As you can see in the video I was facing the other direction when I get out of the car, which is also the same moment I get my own weapon out and once I've turned I see you with your MAC-10 to my face while shouting something I didn't hear at the time which is why I decided to shoot before you did.
[Image: TglJDob.png]
Hi there, you drove over to us, and reversed once you realized we were 3. Then you tried coming from a different side for some reason?

Not seeing FearRP being initiated has already been ruled an insufficient rebate prior. You went here with the explicit intent of gunning down me and my friends, which is why you brought guns intended to overpower us.

I was giving orders before you were, it is not a viable excuse that you couldn't hear me because I was "shouting" [citation needed]
In fact I once got a ban for not following FearRP when I couldn't hear the other party, so I don't think this means much.

Not to mention you two weren't associated at all because of failing to set your job, which a staff should know how to do.
Hello there! I will answer your questions in this reply.

"Then you tried coming from a different side for some reason?"

I don't see why this matters in this case.

"You went here with the explicit intent of gunning down me and my friends, which is why you brought guns intended to overpower us."

These are just speculations on your end unless you have any sort of solid evidence that clearly proves that we planned on killing you and your friend. The reason we brought the weapons are because we wanted to be on the safe side in-case someone would pull a weapon like in this case.

"I was giving orders before you were, it is not a viable excuse that you couldn't hear me because I was "shouting" [citation needed] In fact I once got a ban for not following FearRP when I couldn't hear the other party, so I don't think this means much."

I don't see that it matters if I would've heard you or not. If you look in the video you can see that I already have my weapon in my hands by the time you start speaking which then is too late as everything happened very quickly. I also already have my weapon in my hands by the time your weapon is being pointed at me. This entire incident happened in the matter of a couple of seconds so there was no time for you (or me for that matter) to put anyone under FearRP. Weapons were drawn at eachother pretty much at the same time leading to a stand off.

These images backs up that I had my gun out before yours was pointed at me:
https://i.imgur.com/xbZAHth.png
https://i.imgur.com/it3cESa.png

At first when we're already out of the car you're not even pointing your weapon, it is holstered and pointed to the ground which makes it nearly impossible to us to see it in such a short notice, I am not even looking at you at that point and the next second pretty much is this image that I showed earlier: https://i.imgur.com/xbZAHth.png

These images backs this up that your weapon is holstered:
https://i.imgur.com/WkFBHfk.png
[Image: TglJDob.png]
Star 
Admin Abuse Report ID #97001, Abuse Type - Infringement of the Rules

Hello Cygnus,

I have discussed this situation with Toe Shmicki via Discord and he has provided his side of the situation too, as the clip you have provided only shows a short exchange.

It seems your main points of accusation toward Toe Shmicki here are:-
  • A) he was in breach of FearRP rules, "this time they get out of the car, UNARMED and I point my gun at them. As I do this, they shortly after grab their own firearms out attempting to initiate FearRP"
  • B) his job role was Unemployed, "Taxi58 also had his job at the time as Unemployed and had it as so for a while, and had it a while after as well despite working with someone with a seperate group name: "Shmicki Family""
  • C) he had no reason to provoke you in the first place, "We had previously killed Wolfy at the exact same location, and I believe he was angry that we did so he returned later for no other reason but to kill us."
I will be referring to these points as A, B & C throughout my conclusion.

Point A

From slowing down the video here and looking at the frames, it is incredibly close as to when you both draw weapons. Toe Shmicki only just got his weapon out before you did but also only proceeded to shoot you after you drew your weapon. I understand that you had your weapon selected before he drew his, but you were not aiming it toward him thus not initiating FearRP. The alleged verbal communication would not suffice to initiate FearRP alone from either parties, no matter who spoke first, to quote Rule 3.4 - "To initiate FearRP have a weapon out AND give out orders (text or voice)."

I would say it was a fair judgement to conclude that neither of you broke FearRP here due to how quickly the situation unfolded.

STILL #1 - Weapon was Holstered
[Image: XG8yLqfaZW.png]

STILL #2 Taxi had his gun prepared before you
[Image: iL79HokCvl.png]

Point B

You raised the point that Toe Shmicki had the job role "Unemployed" has his job title during these event(s). Due to the recent changes to the unemployed (previously Citizen) role, unemployed are allowed to take part in petty crime and similar activities. However, I understand your further analysation of the situation here which is the fact that he is taking part in activity with an associate with a custom job title (differing from his own being unset). This is not permitted and a normal player would be warned about this (2.7).

I discussed this with Toe Shmicki on Discord and he stated, "My job being unemployed was an honest mistake as I had previously been flying around baby siting the server. I do apologise for that mistake and I will be more careful in the future to set my job to the correct one."¹

Mistakes do happen, but I will note this moving forward and reiterate that it is very important that you check your job role before taking part in activity, especially aggressive, with other players involved. Staff member or not.

Point C

After initially analysing your report, I wondered how you both got to this situation, which you seemed to fail mentioning within the report. After Toe Shmicki explained to me that you and/or involved parties mugged Wolfy at the lakes earlier on for $500 and they returned to retrieve the money back, "We went looking for them in order to mug the $500 back and then leave"¹

He also mentions the video² which I have analysed in order to find the original situation that provoked the one mentioned in the Admin Abuse case. This would make the fact that they came back looking for revenge a valid aggressive RP situation and would deem this sufficient.

Evidence

Spoiler :
¹ Discord Conversation with Taxi58, 13/11/2020
[Image: IBpcsH5ubO.png]

² WESTSIDE 4: CLEANING THE STREETS (Time Stamp from 2:07 - 2:15)

Closing Notes

Thank you for your report Cygnus. Whilst a majority of this report seems to be a misunderstanding, I have noted the fact that Toe Shmicki did not use a sufficient custom job title to be involved in an alliance/association with the other player (Wolfy) at the time. I can conclude that this was not done on purpose but merely an accident of which he has apologised and reflected upon, but I will also mention this to his mentor, Conn, to note in his next review so that he can further learn from this.

[Concluded]
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep