Cop-baiting
Hey guys, done plenty of hours on the server and my experience has been 50/50. 50% of the time being brilliant, 50% being awful. I'll explain a few things I've encountered and hope some people will agree with me as I know a lot of people who enjoy being Police feel the same way as I.

I love playing as a Police Officer, I don't care about making money as I joined this server to roleplay. However, a lot of people on the server spend a lot of time baiting police officers in a way that is not good RP. No regard for their characters life, no care for FearRP and no roleplay reason for attacking officers. The first thing you see when you join this server is the loading screen which states that the server tries to be as realistic as possible; however, the gameplay differs.

You see people intentionally ram police cars, speed past police cars and run right lights to intentionally get into a pursuit. At the end of the pursuit, it will end in two ways:
1. The suspects will jump out the car and fill you with bullets instantly. Running a red light intentionally, getting into a pursuit and then killing a cop. Nothing to gain from this other than murdering a copper.
2. The suspects jump out of the car with guns, sprint to the police car and rob the police officer, because FearRP dictates that once the officer has a gun in his face because he even has the chance to fairly react he must fearRP.

This is not good RP and it would NOT happen in real life. Criminals are smart and do everything they can to avoid attracting attention. Criminals do not want to die, criminals do not want to risk going to jail. Criminals do not want to risk their property getting seized or raided.

Playing as a copper is not fun, you get killed in unfair and funless scenarios and you spend most of your time on the server following the NLR, waiting 10 minutes before traversing to the other side of the map to get your police car. If you're lucky, you won't get robbed on the way.

There is no build-up to any RP situations. There is no tension, no complex scenarios. There is no chance for someone to RP as a detective and collect evidence as most coppers are dead and waiting in the undergroud nexus carpark for their NLR clock to expire. The server is constantly at war, with a one-sided battle against the police who are constantly getting gunned down for no legitimate reason.

I see and experience people bait the police and complain to the admins when the police get the upper hand. The admins on the server do not do enough to control this, imo. I have already brought this up with a senior admin and hopefully something will be done about this as during most of these incidents, the admins have been extremely biased in their approach and scorn officers for reacting to situations that they did not ask to be a part of. I have numerous recordings of people baiting police officers into situations that lead to all the above happening. I will happily provide any videos if people would like to see what I am talking about.

I feel as if this could be put into suggestions as I think a cop-baiting rule should be introduced. I want to make clear that this is not a personal attack on anyone, this is simply me stating how I and others feel and I am posting this because I care about the community and I want to see the server do well. I want the criminals to have fun, too. I do not want the server to desend into and RDM-fest like has happened so many times which leads to everyone falling out with eachother. Make roleplay fun for everyone.

Please, only post constructive feedback. Agree or disagree, but I am not interested in snide remarks about myself or my opinion. I understand that not everyone who roleplays as a Police Officer does a good job and I have been a victim of this myself. I do not defend those people, this post is about the people like myself who are good at being police officers but our experience is generally very poor for everything I have mentioned above. I understand some people are very good at roleplaying as criminals. This post is not aimed at them.

Thanks to anyone who takes their time to read this.
The following 2 users Like User 23350's post:
  • BoJack, Slaint
(10-19-2020, 01:32 AM)RhysC97 Wrote: snip
i completely agree that a cop-baiting rule should be added, its ridiculous how many people ram my car then i do a pursuit, they go round a corner and spray me down. Its really annoying and if a rule was introuduced then this would not happen. You should make a suggestion.

+Support
The following 1 user Likes Slaint's post:
  • User 23350
There is already a rule against cop-baiting as it counts as failRP, however there are some situations for example if you wish to get police away from the nexus where it could be considered valid RP.

Should be left up to the a case to case basis rather than a hard rule.
(10-19-2020, 02:47 AM)Ranger Wrote: There is already a rule against cop-baiting as it counts as failRP, however there are some situations for example if you wish to get police away from the nexus where it could be considered valid RP.

I believe a hard-rule should be introduced as it should be clearly visible on the rules board. It should be clear what counts as cop-baiting and what doesn't.

Let's take your scenario on. Let's say the goal is to kidnap the President. There is a long-term goal and objective for the Criminals to achieve and there are other ways that it can be done, such as hoax 999 calls. This I understand and fully accept. A build-up to the event taking place and genuinly good RP taking place is what I want.

However,  because the rule isn't properly enforced, people are using any excuse to attack the police officers. There is no long-term goal involved and there is nothing to be gained by attacking police officers consistantly. The fact is, murdering a civilian will be scrutinised by admins and the victim and rightly so, there should be a good reason for killing someone. However, there is a double-standard when it comes to attacking police.
Honestly, I think shooting police for traffic violations is no excuse. If you drive like a maniac, speed around, run red lights, then it's no surprise you get police after you. The consequences are very minor compared to when you are running away from police after robbing a store or something.
Also, if you do have a weapon equipped, you should not draw attention to yourself by violating simple traffic laws.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 8 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • User 23350, BoJack, Ducktard, Slaint, RoCKy, DVN, Joe Joe, don
(10-19-2020, 02:47 AM)Ranger Wrote: There is already a rule against cop-baiting as it counts as failRP, however there are some situations for example if you wish to get police away from the nexus where it could be considered valid RP.

Its not a rule anymore - Which is stupid imo.

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 1 user Likes Dragnort_'s post:
  • User 23350
Even if it’s not explicitly a rule, the team have in the past always enforced things that can be concluded under wider rules. A lot of rules were removed and categorised (unlisted) under the FailRP category for example. It all comes down to common sense in the end and if the punishing staff member feels what you did in fact broke a wider rule.

Long story short, everything you mentioned is still punishable as cop-baiting under FailRP.
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Veteran

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
I agree completely. Even back in the day this would happen all the time. Casually roleplaying and stopping a vehicle for a routine stop, even to RP and ask for a license if they didn't break a law and they'd jump out, take you hostage or straight up gun you down. I feel your pain.

I think a hard rule regarding realistic RP situations that relates closer to FailRP would be the answer to this. Something that outlines the need to RP situations realistically which is under staff members discretion so it can be treat case-by-case.

I do think it's important not to introduce a direct rule for this and still give staff the freedom to decide.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • User 23350
I think the team would be in every right to start reinforcing this rule again, I think it's ridiculous where like mentioned before, a user will get into a police persuit by running a red light or ramming a police car just so that at the end a gun fight can happen... I think treating this case by case as DVN mentioned is a good idea and will be what I plan on doing personally anyway.
JohnSilver

You told me copbaiting isnt against the rules anymore!!

Care to explain, I knew it was.

-Removed by Steven8ken